[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would they cast Idris Elba for this role?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: darktower.jpg (335KB, 1600x956px) Image search: [Google]
darktower.jpg
335KB, 1600x956px
Why would they cast Idris Elba for this role?
>>
File: carlos says.jpg (35KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
carlos says.jpg
35KB, 700x514px
>>82187355
"Brownie" points.
>>
>>82187355
because Clint is too old.
>>
>>82187785
this, its the sad simple truth.
and if you can't give the role of Literally Clint Eastwood to clint eastwood then why not just do whatever the fuck
>>
>>82187355
I don't care that he's black but he doesn't look fucking rugged or haggard at all, there are plenty others they could have cast as Rolan how did they fuck it up so bad
>>
stephen king represents to me the archetypical white obsession with black people. he's been doing it since forever, his well-meaning insertion of black figures nowadays just come across as stereotypes but thats only because king cannot grasp the nature of black people yet he can't stop himself from trying.
>>
File: 1482636384796s.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482636384796s.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>82187377
>it's a reddit gets the first post thread
>>
should've cast Thomas Jane
>>
>>82187846
Doesn't he have a son that's like a clone of him?
>>
Why would they start with book three?

Don't question hollywood, they definitely know what they're doing.
>>
>>82187898
Should have went with Viggo.
>>
Why would they make a movie out of this piece of garbage, is the real question.
>>
>>82187355
Blackwashing.
>>
>>82187355
To gain controversy and stir discussion, bad publicity is still publicity..
>>
Hey, there's nothing wrong with casting a person of nigger to play a descendant of King Arthur
>>
>>82188299
his son is a terrible actor
>>
File: IG.jpg (311KB, 1568x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IG.jpg
311KB, 1568x1200px
Iain Glen
>>
They are over estimating the popularity of Edris Elba as well as the fact that the US probably will partly fund the film if it has a black lead character.

Since they are going for minority points the film most likely will not stand up on its own feet. Lets wait for word of mouth. If its good ill see it despite the diversity. If its bad ill laugh at it harder.
>>
>>82190004
>i haven't watched the film and it's bad
Wow.
>>
>>82190004
It will flop in china.
>>
>>82189927
I like him but he can't act for shit. he even makes emilia clarke look talented. that's saying a lot
>>
>>82190032
Learn to read.

Sage in case you are just trying to bait bumps to your thread. You can bump all you like of course.
>>
>>82190106
No need to act when you got a voice like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXWptQLxnIQ
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.