[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a modern war movie with large scale battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3996.jpg (1MB, 2790x1860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3996.jpg
1MB, 2790x1860px
Will we ever get a modern war movie with large scale battles involving tanks and IFVs? Like either the Gulf War or a Cold War wet dream?
>>
Only if jews want to whip up war fever against Syria
>>
>>82176030
>gulf war
>t-72s getting knocked out left and right without effort
sounds exciting
>>
>>82176088
sure why not, would make for some cool visuals and a sort of melancholy feel as the Iraqi armor division is blown to pieces
>>
The opening scene of Courage Under Fire
>>
the gulf war was a shitshow of aerial superiority involving nearly no ground war, and the little ground war was decided by aerial support
>>
>>82176132
iraq-iran war would be way cooler as it wouldn't be just one side being blown up
>>
>>82176088
>2 hours of Warthogs killing vehicles with 1 pound shells
I'd watch it.
>>
>>82178034
Contemporary mudslime militaries are fucking incompetent beyond compare and useless as all fuck. That war was just two retards flailing at each other for almost a decade. You couldn't make one about the whole war, you could only make one about a single battle, and even their largest and most exciting tank battles were just, oh shit, we got stuck, abandon 500 of our tanks.
>>
File: F-111A_dropping_MK82.jpg (3MB, 1930x2840px) Image search: [Google]
F-111A_dropping_MK82.jpg
3MB, 1930x2840px
>>82178034

WWI re-enactment with modern weapons in 80's. Sounds exiting.

>>82178919
>wild implications about 'muh GAU-8

Pic related and F-16 is far more relevant than A-10 when it comes to crushing Iraqi forces with actual air defense assets. A-10 sorties over Iraqi Republican Guards were immediately suspended after two got fucked with SAM's. Even when it comes to use of A-10 against undefended targets, they 90% armor they knocked out were destroyed with Mavericks. Gun is fine for killing goat herders and 'muhreens. Gun part of A-10 was obsolete before plane was even available in meaningful numbers.
>>
>>82179210
Well shit nigga. Way to kill muh GAU8 boner.
>>
>>82176088
It is to me.
>>
File: Gulf-War-Kuwait-1991-11.jpg (1MB, 3768x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Gulf-War-Kuwait-1991-11.jpg
1MB, 3768x2400px
>>82176030
watch future war 198X. Otherwise no because it's not "trendy" or whatever to portray the military in a positive light (see basically any capeshit, the military always act like bumbling retards) and the only movies that do it anyway (first transformers, battleship) are shit for other reasons.
>>
>>82178034
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Marshes

This has serious potential.
>mustard gas
>human wave attacks
>Iraqis running high voltage cables into water to electrocute Iranians
>tense as fuck amphibious night ops
>>
>>82180023
Military are bumbling retards for the most part. 99% of Officers are mentally challenged.
>>
>>82180201

Electrified swamp never ceases to amaze me.

>>82180219

Military thanks to bureaucracy and general tendency of stuff getting fucked up due to miscommunication is less competent than it's actual members.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.