[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name 10 things the prequels did right without memeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: prequels.jpg (166KB, 1417x700px) Image search: [Google]
prequels.jpg
166KB, 1417x700px
Name 10 things the prequels did right without memeing
>>
>>82173736
the new planets
the clones
the ships and weapons
soundtrack
palpatine's rise to power and order 66
>>
>>82173736

Literally nothing is wrong with it. Jar Jar was even a decent character too -- it was never meant to be a some sort of "deep masterpiece" -- it was supposed to be fun, and it was fun, I had fun, and millions of others did too.
>>
Obi wan macgregor
Podracing
Battle over coruscant
Anakin vs Obi wan
Darth maul
Obi wans groovy detective adventure
Count dooku
Padmes ass
Sheev hamming it up
Some other tenth thing
>>
>>82173736
test
>>
>>82173736
Worldbuilding
Soundtrack
Spectacle
Sound Design
Artstyle
Palpatine/Sidious
The Clones
Duel of the Fates
Episode IIIs opening
The Arena Scene
Order 66
Everything following Order 66
>>
>>82174119
>jar jar was so fucking stupid! A movie for kids?! George is a hack.
>Why are people complaining about self aware quips in TFA? It's a movie for kids, just turn off your brain brah.
What did reddit mean by this?
>>
>>82173736
>The opera scene
>the Intro
>the hypocricy of the Jedi Council
>the relationship between Obi Wan and Anakin
>Anakin becoming Vader
>Order 66 and the buildup to the mustafar duel
>the duel and aftermath

Episode 3 is Kino
>>
Inspire that pod racing video game.
>>
>>82174522

I almost beat the game when I was a kid on a pod racer without any upgrades because I didn't know how to use the upgrade system since I barely spoke English.

There came a point where it was literally impossible to beat a map despite doing everything perfectly
>>
The prequels are much deeper and meaningful than the original trilogy. Literally the height of storytelling. After Disney finished butchering the franchise people will see that George Lucas is a genius
>>
1) Maul vs Jinn/Kenobi in The Phantom Menace
2) The arena fight in Attack of the Clones
3) The opening space battle in Revenge of the Sith
4) The musical score
5) Palpatine
6) Every single new planet and location they introduce
7) Clones being the "good guys" instead of bad guys like pretty much every expected was a neat twist
8) Most of the new characters are really, really good additions to the series, like Padme, Jinn, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, and Mace Windu
9) Order 66
10) The fight between Kenobi and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith

I'll add this: the prequel movies had a lot of really great stuff come from it. The Clone Wars series and a lot of the games are an example of this. When the original trilogy came out, the stuff it produced just wasn't that great, like The Star Wars Christmas Special or the comics or the really bad video games. Even the toys were better, nostalgia aside. I didn't count this on the list because now I'm talking about something outside the movies, but I feel like it's still relevant.
>>
>>82173736

These films were strangely comfy. I actually like all the talking and political discussions. It makes the world feel really lived in.
>>
>>82173736
music was good
>>82174119
I hated them as a kid, I hated them as a teenager, now I hate them as an adult. Pure fucking trash. My nephews wanted to watch episode II with me and they fell asleep about halfway in because the pacing was so shit and the story went nowhere
>>
>>82174164
>funny zingy lines that go well together with the characters saying them
>adding in a cgi rhastafari who steps in the doo-doo and gets to play an important role in the movie
imagine being such a pleb that you can't see the difference here
>>
>>82174963
>It makes the world feel really lived in.
what? every scene that's not an action scene is literally two people doing days of our lives-tier dialog over a shitty cgi backround
>>
>>82174911
Here's some replies I think I can predict getting:

>this firstmanonthespoon youtube video proves the maul fight was bad!
It proves the fight was a movie fight and not a real one, and the actors were trying to not injure one another because it's not a real fight, and you could do that with pretty much any movie fight and nitpick it just the same. In reality, when you watch the fight as it was filmed and not slowed down or looped, you really don't notice this stuff.

>you can't describe the new characters like padme
Padme: young, inexperienced, but deeply caring. She has a strong spirit and is willing to fight for what she believes in regardless of the odds, and is willing to sacrifice her own life for others.

Just because some people went "umm uhhh" when asked a question in a Youtube video doesn't mean no one can answer the question.

>the planets were bad they're all one biome worlds
Which is how most planets are in real life. Earth is an exception.

>a lot of what you liked is fights, star wars is supposed to be deeper
It's Star WARS. Of course I liked the fights. Star Wars has never been deep. It's always been a thing for general audiences. Get your head out of your ass.

>uh but i didn't like this?
Yep, there's also bad stuff in the prequels. It's not perfect.

>the prequels should have been like THIS
That's the problem: people don't like the prequels not because of what they were so much as because they never lived up to their imaginations. Thing is, they never could. I notice this in pretty much every criticism of the prequels (even Plinkett is guilty of it). You just kind of have to accept the movies as they are if you ever want to enjoy them. Otherwise, just ignore them and live in your own little headcanon.
>>
>>82175110
>It's Star WARS. Of course I liked the fights. Star Wars has never been deep. It's always been a thing for general audiences. Get your head out of your ass.
see here's the problem; you have your hours of babbling about trade disputes and constitutional laws getting voted for in the senate. see the problem here?

the fighting gets dull when it goes on for so long. the last fight in episode VI might have silly choreography but you care deeply about all three characters in the scene, the music really amplifies the feelings of the characters, Luke and the emperor both are showing a lot of emotion.

We don't know anything about Darth Maul, or Liam Neeson either. Fight gets good when Obi-Wan goes nuts after Liam getting sliced but then all his feelings seem to disappear instantly and it's back to some boring ass video game looking cgi test.

FYI I hated all the prequels when I saw them as a child, too. I couldn't finish episode II because it was so long and I didn't follow what was happening.
>>
>>82173736

Portman was attractive

Macgregor was okay casting but compared to the way he was originally written, he was a little to restrained

Maul was sinister, as a sith should be

Anakin's retarded behavior demonstrated just how far he was falling into madness, one second nearly killing Padme then the next telling Obi she would not be taken from him

showing the glory of the old republic technologically wise

that's about it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.