[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Domestic Box Office Predictions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Summer 2017.jpg (60KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
Summer 2017.jpg
60KB, 600x316px
What are we expecting from this Summer's box office, /tv/?
List your predictions for top 10 highest-grossing films of the Summer.
Parameters:
>domestic only (US)
>films listed must be released between the last weekend of April and the last weekend of August.
>this isn't what you want to do well, it's what you're predicting will do well

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
2. Despicable Me 3
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
4. Wonder Woman
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. Transformers: The Last Knight
7. War for the Planet of the Apes
8. Cars 3
9. Dunkirk
10. Baywatch
>>
domestic or worldwide

china is going to make transformers over a billion by itself
>>
>>82171225
>2017 Domestic Box Office Predictions
>Parameters: domestic only (US)

I agree with you, though. Transformers will top worldwide for the Summer.
>>
>>82171192
domestic?

there's no way dunkirk is that high baywatch should be higher than it

pirates should be lower

bump spider man and transformers above WW

not sure about cars 3 desu, bit of a wildcard
>>
>>82172975
>there's no way dunkirk is that high
You reckon? Nolan is a pretty big draw in the US.
>>
>>82171192
Out of the films you listed Transformers will easily destroy everything outside of maybe Despicable meme and Guardians
>>
>>82173199
yeah but it's basically a british/french war movie about a battle that was a Pyrrhic victory at best

Nolan is a big draw I'll agree but I'm just not convinced that american audiences will turn out to see this movie. Nolan's other movies had big draws to them, Inception had a cool concept, batman was batman, interstellar was a sci-fi space adventure that advertised itself as a smart movie for smart people

I just don't know lad.
>>
>>82173374
*big draws to them aside from his name
>>
>>82173370
The last Transformers film made only 245mil at the US box office - over a 100mil less than the one before.
However, it made virtually the same as the third film worldwide, which is why I think it'll make the most worldwide but it won't come in third domestically. The numbers say that US audiences are getting sick of it while International audiences are liking it just as much, if not more than before.
>>
>>82171192
Wonder Woman will make 50 million domestic and 30 million international on opening weekend/first week
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.