[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Matrix_revolutions_ver7.jpg (16KB, 236x347px) Image search: [Google]
Matrix_revolutions_ver7.jpg
16KB, 236x347px
Why does everyone hate this movie?
>>
Keanu reeves as robot jesus?
Agent Smith becomes dragonball z?
The 30-minute-long trinity death scene?

>impaled through the chest
>JUST HANG ON IM NOT GONNA LET YOU DIE ON ME
>*get up*
>*go take a piss*
>*go to the commissary and get some popcorn*
>*go back to my seat*
>NEO YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO YOURE THE CHOSEN ONE
>NO TRINITY I WONT LET YOU DIE ON ME
>>
You're watching it on AMC too?
>>
>>82164761
Neo becomes flying Jesus in an extremely open and public manner, negating the entire construct of the Matrix where everyone lives an uninterrupted life free of Smith shenanigans
>>
>>82164761
Its just bad.
>>
>>82164761
I think Reloaded is better than the original and is a very unfairly disliked film, but even I can acknowledge that Revolutions was a big letdown.
>>
>>82166696
Reloaded is good if you think of it as a non-stop action fest, you can't even say that much about Revolutions.
>>
>>82164761
It wasn't what they were expecting
>>
>>82166696
Reloaded is dope. I think it just gives a bad first impression with that shitty drum circle rave/sex scene at the beginning.
>>
complete lack of restrain.

Same thing every triology suffers from, the one have to outdo the other in terms of spectacle.

The last fight is a straight up dragonball scene.
>>
>>82164761
Here's why I hate it:

The Matrix ended with Neo ready to get people out of it and into the real world.

Then for Revolutions the Wachowski Bros. didn't know how to keep the going and decided that the real world was another Matrix all along.

The Matrix sequels are text-book examples of how not to make sequels to perfect stand-alone movies. These things are ripe for feature-length video takedowns.
>>
I fucking hate the mech shit.
>>
>>82166987
to be fair, the wachowskis never go all-in on the real world being another level of the matrix, and just kinda waffle around with neo having literal magic powers for no reason in the real world.
>>
>>82164761
My hypothesis is that it 1) tried to insert a LOT of gnostic-christian imagery that people are kind of unfamiliar with that 2) went over everyone's head because they 3) had hard time balancing symbolism and outright telling people what the film was about. The second 2 Matrix movies have to me always seemed a giant missed opportunity but I have no idea what to do to fix them without destroying the original message.

What I THINK these movies about is like

ok

>neo is jesus
>smith is satan
>the matrix is (bear with me here) the kingdom of heaven that is surrendering to god (surrendering free will)
>the machines are the judeo-christian god
The Wachowski boys are going with the gnostic notion that God is *illogical* and created a system that was not perfect, even though it is well within their power (this is the scene in the second movie with the architect)
In this mythos God is God only because God THINKS they are God you feel me? Neo (jesus) is dagnerous to this because Jesus is here to give the grace of god to the humans (peace and *control* in the matrix, think of that scene where the elder dude and neo are talking about the water machine, as trite as it is). Neo is the chance for the human race to ascend into a godhead while still retaining their human qualities.

Theres a lot more to back this up i swear but I have to go but yeah. People hate it because they tried to stuff all this shit in there. Keanu Reeves doesn't help imho either.

t. former huge acid head and big PKD fan
>>
>>82167071
>to be fair
But that makes it 10 times worse.
>>
>>82164761
Love the trilogy, I get the hate tho.
>>
>>82166696
>Reloaded is better than the original
In what ways? It has some better CGI and fighting. Its got some cool characters...but Neo wasn't the same and the story didn't lead us to a good place. The operator they had in Reloaded sucked.

>Revolutions
The mechs dragged on. The ending didn't have enough of a resolution for mankind.
>>
>>82166696
Reloaded was a perfectly fine bridge movie, it gets hated retroactively for where it leads us.
>>
File: 1486263177026.jpg (62KB, 454x549px) Image search: [Google]
1486263177026.jpg
62KB, 454x549px
>>82167288
>this much autism
>>
the original is the original
reloaded was pretty great — all the new characters in it were cool
revolutions ruined everything
>>
>>82169661
kill yourself
>>
>>82164761
The thing with The Matrix is it was a game changing film not just in terms of special effects but in terms of narrative. The sequels lacked the dramatic gravitas of say the Cypher betrayal scene, the Fight Club-esq commentary on corporate america in the office scene or the tone setting Dark City/Cronenberg-esq elements in the first act. The sequels felt no different then the films that would later copy and emulate the original.
>>
>>82167071

That's not what happens. They don't explain it well. Humans need to to jack in on the ships to get into the matrix. The ships broadcast wireless to get into the matrix. Neo was able to use his powers against machines because he was still connected in some way to the matrix.
>>
>>82169878
No. Your theory sucks. Kill yourself.
>>
>>82166696
The fight with Seraph was where I saw the series starting to fall apart. There was no reason for him and Neo to fight other than it had been a while since the opening action scene and it would be too long until the next action scene without something arbitrarily put there to tide you over.

I was also pissed off in the theater over the Twins. All the advertising with Neo remarking about the Agents getting upgrades made me think the Twins were what the Agents were going to become, a real step up from the first movie. Instead we're told Agents were upgraded but it doesn't really show in any way and the Twins are really underwhelming.

But overall it's just a mediocre movie. Revolutions was the fucking shit one.
>>
>>82170601
I don't think he's wrong at all. If you couldn't pick up on the anti-religious overtones, you might be the one who's impaired
>>
>>82170661
>The fight with Seraph was where I saw the series starting to fall apart.

PLEB ALERT

"I'm sorry."
"For what?"
"For this... *kung fu fighting ensues*"

and

"I don't truly know someone until you fight them"

make it pure action-kino
>>
>>82164761
the literally whos in the real world
>>
>>82170714
Thank you
>>
>>82170527
so hes either broadcasting wifi 24/7 and somehow no one noticed (because its magic wifi) or hes just got straight magic powers.
>>
>>82170714
the problem with the scene is how, leading up to it, neo doesn't care, hes just following information, then the fight is nothing but a pointless delay on obtaining that information.

just like every action sequence in the sequels.
>>
>>82172676

I agree. It felt really empty and meaningless to me. Nothing really built up to Seraph, nothing actually led to the fight. It all just sort of happens while Neo stumbles around.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.