[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: American-Gods-Title.jpg (65KB, 530x297px) Image search: [Google]
American-Gods-Title.jpg
65KB, 530x297px
Haven't read the book, but any chance this will be good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awG5wEE7LU
>>
I don't want to be THAT guy but...the diversity I'm see here is a bit...much
>>
>>82161548

Bryan Fuller's the showrunner, so probably, that said HURR DURR NIGGER PROTAGONIST WITH WHITE GIRLFRIEND CULTURAL MARXISM KEKKEKKEKKEK
>>
>Ian McShane as a God
How can it possibly be not good?
>>
>>82161548
My hardcore SJW friend has been shilling this on Facebook a lot, but I'll give it a fair shake.
>>
>>82161610

Better blame the faggot that wrote the book then
>>
>>82161622
Hannibal is plet tier at best
>>
>>82161548
The book was a really fun read, McShane is great, and Fuller makes some nice looking shows. I'm sure it will at least be decent.
>>
>>82161622
No.. Looks pretty faithful to the book and as far as I remember race was mentioned once while describing the character and then nothing really after.
>>
>>82161709

You're a plet.
>>
>heard the book is great
>don't know whether to read or watch
>>
>>82161610
>52%
Seems about right
>>
>>82161622
>>82161771
they might add stupid shit like that just for the show but Hannibal didn't have any of that so who knows
>>
>>82161610
>half of the people in trailer are white the other is black

that isn't ENOUGH diversity...
>>
Looks like it might be good. Casting seems spot on (especially for Wednesday and Czernobog) but...

Easter is definitely not thick enough.
>>
Just read the Sepinwall review

It's going to be KINO

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/american-gods-review-starz-neil-gaiman/
>>
>>82161817
The show looks a lot worse than the book from everything we've seen so far.
>>
>>82161610
It's about the gods of foreigners. There's going to be some dark skin.
>>
>>82161548
SHADOW WAS SICILIAN WHY IS HE A NEGRO HERE
>>
>>82161622
But..that was in the original book

And that book is really short. Also, the casting is perfect besides Easter. Christina Hendricks should have been Easter.
>>
>>82161817
Go for the book. Show looks like it'll be as faithful as it can be but that may not be enough. Especially if they don't capture the comfiness of Lakeside, which they won't even get to until season 2.
>>
File: no.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>82161990
>>SHADOW WAS SICILIAN
>>
>Gillian Anderson as Media

WATCHING
>>
>starz

Yeah, I'd put money on it being good.
>>
>>82161771
>race was mentioned once while describing the character
Shadow was racially ambiguous throughout the whole book. Some people thought he might be black, others thought he might be native american. So he was mixed race at best. I personally pictured him as native american when I read the book. Partially due to the name, I guess. Shadow Moon? Come on.

I'm also kind of worried that tech kid god is going to turn out gay. Because fucking look at him.
>>
File: vaping faggot.jpg (2MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
vaping faggot.jpg
2MB, 1200x900px
>>82162460
>>
I've seen the first episode but never read the book. It is very high quality and I want to see more of it.

The first episode also has a woman grow enormous and consume a guy with her vagina. Is that in the book?
>>
>>82162613

where did you see it?
>>
>>82162613
>Is that in the book?
yes
>>
>>82162568
Why isn't he a nerdy fat kid?
>>
>>82162613
Yeah, that's in the very first chapter.
>>
>>82162950
I guess they thought the "hipster douche" stereotype is more relevant to the tech kids these days than the "fat nerd" stereotype.
>>
>>82161817
watch first, read after. youll enjoy both more this way.
>>82161750
this.
>>
Reading the book now.

I like the interactions with the various Gods, but I don't give a shit about Shadow at all. He has zero personality. Bella in Twilight had more character. Shadow's zombie wife is the best character in the book and she only has a handful of appearances.
>>
>>82161548
it'll be heroes tier comicon panel crap
>>
>Native American is blackwashed by a Euronigger
>>
>>82162884
Work.

If anyone has any questions about the first episode I can answer as well.
>>
I hope we get a nice long scene of Emily Browning sucking Dane Cook's dick.
>>
>>82162950
he represents modern technology/the internet. when the book was written, that was the trenchcoat, katana and fedora faggots. now it works better if hes a normie. from the trailer, he looks like if tumblr and an apple store had a baby, which is perfect.
>>
>>82163091
fuckin this
>>
>>82161548
I'm actually kind of interested in this. I hope like hell they actually use 'Who Loves the Sun' in the bar scene.
>>
The book was great, Ian Mcshane can do no wrong.
>>
>>82163463
If this is the kind of show that plays The Velvet Underground, I'll check it out.
>>
>>82163023
>mc is called shadow

wew

Would be a real shame if they ruined this masterpiece
>>
>>82161750
This. The book and McShane are both great. I don't know anything about the show runner but it doesn't look horrible. I expect season 1 to be fantastic at least. I don't know how far they can stretch the book though.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.