[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: file.png (2MB, 2047x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 2047x1024px
just saw this Marvel-kino

what are your thoughts?
>>
An unrealistic film for an unrealistic audience.
>>
File: 1420106413711.png (127KB, 282x298px) Image search: [Google]
1420106413711.png
127KB, 282x298px
>it's another capeshit thread on /tv/
Watch some real film, something with a semblance of artistic merit.
>>
>>82155685
This
>>
File: IMG_0959.jpg (80KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0959.jpg
80KB, 833x1000px
>>82155656
Sup Reddit!
>>
Haven't seen it but my die hard Marvel shill friend was even lukewarm on it. So confirmed shit
>>
Here's to hoping spider man and thor are seen as awful so the mcu can die
>>
File: Kurt Russell.png (328KB, 748x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt Russell.png
328KB, 748x445px
>>82155656

>Marvel movies don't have good villa-
>>
>>82155685
Why do we keep letting these companies get away with making capeshit and remakes? When will it stop?
>>
I expected a generic quip-fest but it's actually better than the first one. It's way more character-driven and emotional: some parts are genuinely heart-breaking especially if you're dealing with parenthood issues.

Also, this >>82155939 so much.

>that momentary flashback to Star-Lord's mother when Ego impaled his son with those energy tentacle things. The camera then zoomed briefly to his sorrowful expression.

Fuck. Hit me like a brick.
>>
>yfw this starts playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7c4VNGOgU
>>
File: file.png (282KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
282KB, 639x595px
>>82156255

at Yondu's funeral when the Ravager fireworks start and Kraglin tears up and makes the Ravager chest-bump
>>
>>82156095
>if you're dealing with parenthood issues.

ahahahahaha, kill yourself
>>
>>82155656
+18 to post here
>>
>>82155656
>Marvel-kino
Please do not insult GotG Vol. 2, it is not kino, it's THEATRE.
>>
>>82157146

you mean it's Téatré ?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 364x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 364x355px
Sort the catalog by creation date, and suddenly all the shilling becomes clear. (This is like an hourly thing btw anons, not some rare coincidence)
>>
>Peter goes into space without a suit
>perfectly fine
>Rondo does it
>gets honorarily funeral
Peter's plot armor is just stupid though I mean there are scenes which even within the canon of the universe he should have died.
>>
>>82155656
I wish it had less CGI action shitfests and more story / characters
>>
>>82158049

pete was in space for only a short amount of time before he was captured by Rocket in the first movie
>>
Adam warlock will cuck Peter so hard in the next
>>
>>82158131
Yea, but wouldn't it have made sense for Rocket to IDK look for any signs of Peter and Yondo? I mean look at all of the time wasted just so we get an dramatic scene. I mean I knew that shit was going to happen when Rocket gave Yondo that shit but he should have at least lingered around waiting for the two of them.
>>
File: AUTISM.gif (68KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
AUTISM.gif
68KB, 500x293px
>>82155656
It was a great movie and was damn fun, if you haven't seen it yet I'd say IMAX 2D not 3D, it's obvious whilst watching it was post converted.

The only thing about the movie I didn't like was
>LMAO WE'LL JUST HAVE THE DAD BE THE VILLAIN LMAO
Which was a problem because it was the main plot of the film next to the golden peeps.
I hate when films give unnecessary explanations to shit that fucks with everything.
There was no need for Ego to give his lady cancer, what so ever. They clearly wrote the beginning of the movie and the end but had no idea how the fuck they wanted to set it up.
I think it would've been better to have had someone else as the villain, hell, keep ego, but as an impostor or something because this good guy turning out to be the villain shit is getting old.

I'm being pretty critical about it but that "plot twist" was the only thing I didn't like. It's a pretty good sci-fantasy film and because of no infinity stones or other over-arching stuff it's completely separated from the other Marvel stuff so can really be enjoyed on it's own.
>>
>>82158049
Peter is half celestial, he touched an infinity stone with his bare hands and survived, a few seconds in outer space won't hurt him.
>>
>>82158049
immortal
>>
>>82158177

this
>>
>>82158901
So is this the new "stop my invincible son," meme?
>>
I thought it was a great fun movie, but it felt like they changed Drax's character into something more, and I hate this word, quippy. Was still fun, but I would have appreciated a few more moments when his lines weren't there to set up a joke.
>>
>>82159392

Drax was always comic relief
>>
>>82159392
Drax and literally everyone else in the MCU's personalities will continue to be all over the place because all their character traits are superficial and plot-serving.
>>
>>82157424

yes
>>
>>82159392
Fuck you nigga, I teared up when mantis touched drax when he was remembering his daughter in the forgotten lakes
>>
I'm a DC cuck. Hate the first Guardians. Hate Doctor Strange. For me, Iron Man was the best film Marvel ever produced. Til now. This film is incredible. I did everything I could to hate it. And yet, by the time Father and Son comes up, it had me in tears. It also hardly miss a joke. Drax is hilarious. Every single character has a well structured arc. The villain is pretty good too. The action is ok, I guess. For a Marvel film, you could say they at least try something new. But this is the first 5/5 I give to Marvel. Ever.
>>
>>82156255
My dad died this year. I tried so hard not to cry I hurt my throat.
>>
>>82159392
I liked it. When he had a dramatic scene, it had much more punch to it. Can't wait to see him killing Thanos.
>>
>>82156906
Sorry Neet
>>
File: 1398498625691.jpg (71KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1398498625691.jpg
71KB, 531x471px
>>82155656

>Guardians of the Reddit
>>
I got a boner for continuous shots, so the intro and Yondu/Rocket breakout pleased me greatly.
>>
>>82155656
I hope it's a success. Something this joyously colorful and bittersweet deserves to flourish to prove to Hollywood you don't need to be drab to be a hit.
>>
File: 1492561096581.jpg (125KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
1492561096581.jpg
125KB, 1102x967px
>>82156255
>>
File: Rocket Wink.gif (1MB, 480x393px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket Wink.gif
1MB, 480x393px
>think Rocket's attempt to install a sound system during their opening battle was cringe
>then he tries to make an "oh, i gotcha" kind of rapport with Quill through thinly veiled sarcasm and knowing winks
>tries to impress Quill with his ace pilot skills
>gets all sullen when the team splits up and he's stuck babysitting Groot, repairing the ship, and guarding Nebula
>during the forest fight and the Ravager jailbreak, he makes it a point to blare Quill's music over the speakers
>insists he's only going to save Quill so he can lord it over him. Not like he likes him, b-b-baka!
>that flashback Quill had of him and Rocket testing out the jetpacks and having a grand time as they joyfully fly through the air
>now all of Rocket's actions make sense

Tsundere Raccoon was super cute.
>>
I wish they didn't kill Kurt Russel. They could have disabled him or something so when Thanos pops up he jobs to him that makes Thanos looks like a credible threat instead just beating shitty humans, a robot and Thor only to be Batista bomb to oblivion.
>>
i like the first one. this movie was Age of Ultron-tier without the Hulkbuster scene and lots of 80's music.
>>
File: 1492985792594.png (35KB, 210x194px) Image search: [Google]
1492985792594.png
35KB, 210x194px
>>82155656
Doctor Strange and GotG 2 were the best 3d experience i had in quite a while, movie look's gorgeous.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.