[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

10/10 tv shows ill start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: Lost.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lost.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
10/10 tv shows
ill start
>>
File: 56488.png (228KB, 349x315px) Image search: [Google]
56488.png
228KB, 349x315px
>>
File: The Sopranos.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
The Sopranos.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
>>
File: leftovers.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
more like

>0/10 payoffs
>>
File: 1493392378337.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1493392378337.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>82149342
>>82149315
>hating on lost
>>
>>82149385
Cause it's awful
>>
>>82149465
yeah the flash is much better
>>
File: 1475558091617.png (104KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1475558091617.png
104KB, 600x601px
>>82149465
hmmmm (you)
>>
I recently rewatched that old Canadian kids show ReBoot and it's actually a genuine 10/10 other than season 1.
Also seconding Lost. Sometimes I want to write a novelization of Lost so that future generations after the collapse of society can still experience it.
>>
lost is the only one t b h
>>
why was lost so good brehs
if 0 ill do my third rewatch
>>
>>82149605
because it actually utilized the medium to its fullest
>>
>tfw youll never go back to when lost was airing and shitposting about insane theories and defending kate for replies
Take me back please
>>
>ywn watch this scene for the first time again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_XUy_-yQBI
>>
File: 1493302996130.jpg (841KB, 1866x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1493302996130.jpg
841KB, 1866x2800px
as an experience lost is the only true 10/10.
its never gonna be replicated. Everything about lost just seems so.... accidental. It's like, everything aligned perfectly this one time, and it happened. People getting fired over greenlighting the pilot, JJ and Lindelof lying to ABC about the storyline (ABC was led to believe it was a show about survival, and that the smoke monster would be wrapped up in a few episodes), normies somehow catching on and watching it in massive crowds, in a time when CSI and American Idol dominated everything.

Not just that, but, its remarkable how despite the show still delivering incredible ratings in the key demos, ABC allowed Lindelof and co to negotiate an end date after S3. When it comes to network TV ,that kind of shit is unthinkable.
Plus all the shit they allowed to get away with. Again, network TV is far more controlling than cable or streaming, yet it just seemed like the Lost writers were free to do whatever they wanted.
It was also the perfect time for the internet.The rise in social media and massive communities forming to discuss the show.

I am very glad I got to experience it all, live, and while I am not happy with how everything ended, I have made my peace about it.
>>
>>82149605
I'm doing it, and is better than i remember it. (2x19 right now)
But I have to say that i miss waiting for the next episode, the collective mindfuck and weeks of theories about the smallest detail were fun.
Never ever an other series or movie or anything did something similar.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>82151020
>ABC was led to believe it was a show about survival, and that the smoke monster would be wrapped up in a few episodes
>citation needed
I read a whole other story
>>
>>82151041
I rewatched the show last year, and in my opinion it holds up extremely well
I miss the discussions and the anticipation too, but being able to just binge on it also lessens the impact of the poor pacing the show had in some places (most notably the first half of S2 and the start of S3)
>>
>>82151054
https://www.themarysue.com/lost-lies/
>>
>>82151020
I think there is hope with westworld. It has the potential to surpass lost.
>>
>>82149605
Characters were fleshed out and developed very well.
>>
>>82151054
You can literally read the pitch Lindelof gave abc online. It's pretty hilarious.

>THE BIG QUESTION - IS IT SELF-CONTAINED OR SERIALIZED?
Self-contained.
Seriously.
We promise.
Yes - the mysteries surrounding the island may serve an ongoing (and easy to follow) mythology -
but every episode has a beginning, middle and end. More importantly, the beginning of the next
episode presents an entirely new dilemna to be resolved that requires NO knowledge of the
episode( s) that preceded it (except for the rare two-parter).
Yes - character arcs (romances, alliances, grudges) carry over the scope of a season, but the plots
will not. Viewers will be able to drop in at any time and be able to follow exactly what's going on
in a story context.
This is not lip service - we are absolutely committed to this conceit. LOST can and will be just as
accessible on a weekly basis as a traditiona1ly "procedural" drama.
>>
>>82149298
Need a lost expert. Were Jacob and his brother Romans?
>>
>>82151020

Lost was an anomaly and im happy to have experienced it. I still think the season 6 flashes are a major cock tease and a waste of time in terms of story telling, but I like the core ending just fine. I made peace with it too. It still makes season 6 even shorter though.

It was a time to be alive for sure. All those copy cat shows that got made as a result. im so glad JJ was on the show in the beginning, cause he's really good at layering things. Im even happier he left, cause he's bad at narrative.

Yea, Lost was pretty fun TV. I don't think we'll ever have anything like Lost again. A similar show? Maybe. But it'll be 13 episodes all at once on some stream. Not this epic week by week break down and buzz and, yea, it was good stuff.
>>
>>82151177
this is the first thing that has made me ever respect Lindelof, top fucking kek
>>
>>82151079
sure, as i said is better than i rember it. I've never done a rewatch before because i was thinking "meh, it was only good because of the theories, now that i know it is not worth it". While now i'm really happy about rewatching it.

it is a different experience, but we have tons of shows worth a bingewatch, while we only have one show that makes you shitpost theories like lost.
You also lose all the cliffhangers, which was one of the key aspect of the series (s1 and s3 endings for example)
>>
File: 1453790552395.jpg (36KB, 280x275px) Image search: [Google]
1453790552395.jpg
36KB, 280x275px
>>82149318
the book of Kevin
>>
S3 finale was straight up kino.

Probably the only time a twist like that blew me away.
>>
Was s2 intro the best intro of any season ever?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsNjTyGsRk
>>
File: litwitz.jpg (30KB, 269x480px) Image search: [Google]
litwitz.jpg
30KB, 269x480px
>>82149298
House of Card S01 and S02
The Young Pope
>>
>>82151079
Does anyone have backups/links of online discussion while the show was airing? It sounds /comfy/ as fuck
>>
File: alg-lost-finale-jpg.jpg (46KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
alg-lost-finale-jpg.jpg
46KB, 750x493px
Reminder that Lindelof and Cuse L I E D about not being responsible for the end credits footage inclusion

Reminder that it wasn't the ABC excecutives, reminder that they backpeddled because of the backlash

Reminder that they absolutely all died on the plane and that the island was merely a different stage of purgatory
>>
>>82149298
The Lost Room
Hands down, best fucking thing ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9pMJj97TA

Does anyone know any more movies/ series like this?
>>
File: Leftovers-3.jpg (110KB, 780x521px) Image search: [Google]
Leftovers-3.jpg
110KB, 780x521px
>>82149298
Sopranos
True Detective Season 1
The Leftovers
Dekalog
>>
>>82151755
didnt' they put those there so there wouldn't be some obnoxious commercial ruining the mood?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.