[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chris Pratt describes the problem with ‘Suicide Squad’

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 15

>“I really like all the Warner Bros. movies,” Pratt said. “I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Suicide Squad. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”

http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/chris-pratt-describes-the-problem-with-suicide-squad/6TGfgkdYuXb7TDfpJrEY1I/

Well gang, what do you think now that Chris Pratt has weighed in on the matter?
>>
>>82139765
Well yeah he's right
>>
I really like all the 20th Century Fox movies, I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Star Wars. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.

-- Your brain on Marvel
>>
>>82139765
>create a trilogy for each character

he's fucking with them
>>
Yeah why didn't they make a Han Solo trilogy and another one for Kenobi before cramming them together in A New Hope, those fucking hacks

The movie was shit for other reasons, marlel's model is absolute cancer and they have never made a single good movie
>>
>>82139765
I really like all the Marvel movies, I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Guardians of the Galaxy. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.

-- Marvel commenting on Marvel
>>
>>82139765

This is basically what everyone's been saying since Justice League was announced. I don't know why Chris Pratt agreeing with it is some sort of revelation.
>>
>>82139852
This kek

I mean he stars in the movies where they have the same amount of characters and all of them have like 10 minutes of character development before being thrown into the shit
>>
>>82139765
>trilogies
He's making fun of Marvel, you know that right?
>>
>>82139898

The big difference is that Guardians at least worked them in as organically as possible. Suicide Squad gave everyone huge cartoony splash-pages with all of their info printed on the screen. That's just lazy.
>>
>>82139891
If you ask me Justice League is a breath of fresh air. I know all these characters already, I am really glad they are getting to the fucking point and gathering them together quickly instead of introducing them slowly one movie at a time.
>>
>>82139924
I liked that. It was stylish.
Remind me, which one got an Oscar? GotG or SS?
>>
>>82139765
>creating trilogies for each character

I'll never understand why people think you need to do this for ensemble movies. It's like they never saw something like Ocean's Eleven or Magnificent Seven.
>>
>>82139986
Chris Pratt is one of the smartest people I know. I really doubt he actually thinks that.
>>
>>82139996
Oh I know but I've seen articles say that after Avengers like for Justice League.
>>
>>82139765
>Trilogies

Chris Pratt
EVERY TIME
I love this dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpePo5Lx_I
>>
>>82139986
Needing three movies to make people care about a character actually shows lack of talent. There are like 5 movies with Captain America and if they killed him off tomorrow no one would give a fuck

It affected me more seeing the biologist guy not being able to explore the Galapagos islands in Master and Commander than the blue guy dying in GotG2
>>
>>82139765
I dunno about trilogies and shit but it's been pretty obvious Warner Bros has been trying to catch up with Marvel on the whole cinematic universe shit and they're taking a lot of shortcuts.
>>
>>82139765
>trilogies
keke pratt confirmed for dc bro
>>
That's actually a pretty fucken good joke.
>>
>>82139876
This was actually my legitimate complaint with GotG. Too many fucking villains.
>>
>>82139953

In the age of CGI, Oscars for makeup are meaningless. That's why they have them scroll across the bottom of the screen while the real awards are being handed out.
>>
File: DeletedJoker.jpg (33KB, 480x416px) Image search: [Google]
DeletedJoker.jpg
33KB, 480x416px
>>82139765
He's 100% right. We should have gotten a Harley and Joker movie first and that way they wouldn't have cut out so much Joker scenes.

I understand why the grenade scene was cut since they did reshoots but come on, all other Joker scenes did not deserve to be cut out!
>>
>>82139873
you're retarded
>>
>>82139765
i love pratt more every time he opens his mouth
>>
And it was still better than Rogue One.
>>
File: 1493198621497.jpg (60KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
1493198621497.jpg
60KB, 991x902px
>trilogies for each character
>>
>>82139765
>too many characters in Suicide Squad.
>muh small brains gots overloaded :(
>>
>>82139953
Except after that the characters hardly showed who they were after, and they did get somewhat organic introductions as well

So basically they got two intros each and then nothing of worth after that
>>
>>82139986
It was a joke
A damn good one too
>>
>>82140275
2 movies for each character should be the rule.

Remember Man of Steel? That was a great first movie for Superman BUT he needed 1 extra one before BvS was made.
>>
>>82140086
>There are like 5 movies with Captain America and if they killed him off tomorrow no one would give a fuck
That's because with comic book deaths it is assumed or even outright stated that the character will return from death. Comic book deaths are among the most inconsequential spoilers possible so it really makes you wonder how these films manage to keep so many people so excited.

I mean, they literally did kill off Superman at the end of BvS, yet even at the time of that movie's release they were already fucking promoting Justice League in which Superman is alive and well.
>>
File: 1493250131829.png (54KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1493250131829.png
54KB, 413x395px
>>82139765
>ther than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters
MCU BTFO
>>
>>82140248
I really really like him as a person but it's just a shame that all the movies that he stars in, there just hasn't been one that has gotten me 100% invested in his role.

GotG 2 was pretty good with his father plot and that got some emotion, but otherwise he tends to just do comedic roles (because Hollywood keeps recasting him in this field because that's what the normies know him for).

I haven't seen Passengers yet so I will give that a try.
>>
>>82140336
>comic book deaths it is assumed or even outright stated that the character will return from death.
Remember the last time they were very bold and killed off characters with no return? Yeah... didn't go well with comic fanboys
>>
>>82140429
Holy shit, is it just me or are these costumes faggy even by comic standards?
>>
>>82140397
Passengers was pretty good. If you're looking for a serious Pratt role that's definitely the movie you want to see.

A lot of people got mad at it for pretty dumb reasons but I liked it.
>>
I thought GotG2 wasn't in theaters until May. How is it that people have seen it already?
>>
I don't know about you guys, but Chris Pratt could get it. He's just so charming goddammit
>>
>>82140584
I don't know what "get it" means but I probably agree.
>>
>Pratt confirmed for DChad
Just dump that quipster Iron Man Cinematic Universe and go play Booster Gold, you were born for the role. Fincher is two steps away from doing capeshit so it seems, call him and make capekino great again you fuckers
>>
>>82140796
There are actors that are in both the Marvel and DC universes, you know. Affleck was both Daredevil and Batman.
>>
>>82140869
Never at the same time, right?
>>
>>82140202
I only see leto and not the jocker
It's good they cut him out
>>
Pratt is /our guy/
>>
>>82140886
I'm sure there will be a first.
>>
>>82140584
He's conservative as fuck, he'd deck you in your faggot face if you tried to do anything faggy with him, and rightfully so
>>
>>82140925
>He's conservative as fuck
There is not a single MCU actor that this statement applies to.
>>
>“It’s like hardwood,” he said. “They grew it really slowly so it’s strong. They didn’t create The Avengers first. They did Iron Man. And they tested it to make sure it worked. Then they did [Iron Man II] and [Iron Man III], then they did Cap, and then they did Thor. And they created a thirst for these characters, and that’s when they put them in The Avengers.”

>“It’s really fucking hard to do,” Pratt said, “And it’s kind of a miracle that anyone’s got it right. You know? So. I think it comes down to Kevin [Feige], his filmmakers, and ultimately, me, playing Star-Lord.”

I'm honestly not sure if he is serious.
>>
>>82140925
In one of the DVD bonuses for Passengers he said something like "This is Chris Pratt filming Fifty Shades of Gray 2."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bk25mB-AR0
>>
>what is this some kind of suicide squad
>only two of them die
>>
>>82141155
>both of them die deaths so stupid they essentially committed suicide
Beautiful... it's like poetry.
>>
>Remember in the first "Guardians of the Galaxy," how my character said, "...There is one other name you may know me by... 'Starlord.'" and the other guy said, "Who?" Hahaha! Funny to think that just a couple years ago people didn't know who Starlord was and now I got stalkers and everything! Not to brag! But seriously I got weirdos all over the place hiding in the shadows wanting to do me harm. I just couldn't be luckier. #Gratitude
>I want to thank God. And Tony Robbins. But not in that order. And most of all, express my gratitude to the throngs of fans. Without you we are simply hollow shells of humans, replete with insecurity and desperate for attention. But with you? We are much, much, much, much more.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82139986
>Magnificent Seven
Another film Pratt is in, by the way.
>>
>>82140056
>Jerry DESTROYED
>>
>>82139848

completely different scenario.

star wars IS their story, where suicide squad takes characters that already have a history and just lumps them all together for a big mission. hence all the time they had to spend telling us who they were and why we should care about them.
>>
>>82139891
Seems similar to the justice league cartoon.
And seeing how JL was better than every single CapeShit movie of the last ten years , it might be the superior way of doing it
>>
>>82140536
>A fucking DANCE OFF Simulator
Movie was alright
>>
>>82142065
I'd hope that's not one of the reasons they hate it, we literally have that shit in arcades already. Right now, that is a thing that exists in the real world.
>>
>>82142544
The reason people get ticked off by that is a
>hurr durr GOTG reference
>>
>>82142598
I hated Reservoir Dogs because they had the ooga chaka meme song. Fucking Hollywood shoehorning GOTG references into everything.
>>
>>82140429
Who the fuck made that poster, and where's Jean's left arm? Kek
>>
>>82139876
>They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters

thing that didn't happen.

we barely know anything about Rocket and Groot and Starlord in the first film

we just watched them scramble together into a team and it's just fun

Suicide Squad has a lot of flashbacks that tries to make you care about the team member
>>
>>82139765

I stopped watching and deleted the movie while the characters were being introduced. I hate all capeshit though, so that wasn't really surprising.
>>
>>82139765

I thought Chris Pratt would be annoying outside his films but he's always saying nice, wholesome things that I agree with. Good guy
>>
>>82143656
Why'd you watch it in the first place? For me that part was so badass that I was immensely disappointed that the film turned out to just be a bunch of disconnected scenes and this stupid Enchantress shit.
>>
The last thing we need is more trilogies. The last few capeshit movies haven't been very good, he admits this wasn't very good. Why would more improve that?

I'm tired of capeshit. I'm tired of know the next big movies for years to come will be capeshit. I'm tired of big studios blowing their wads on this shit.
>>
you don't need to give characters their own franchise to make them relatable

The problem with suicide squad was the re-editing
>>
>>82143883
Apparently he's pretty religious which is nice to see in this era where everyone is an edgy atheist.
>>
>>82142712
I think that's just the collar on her coat.
>>
>>82140248
>tfw liked pratt more when he was chubby
why did he want lose weight
>>
>>82140056
Holy fucking kek.
>>
File: f.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>82139765
>same word appears twice in the same sentence

I'm sorry, I just had to point this out. It's FUCKING DISTRACTING
>>
>>82139765
he should check out The Dirty Dozen

within 40 minutes we know who each of The Dozen are - Bronson plays the tough one, Sutherland is the kooky one, Savalas plays the psycho, etc - and then you have the mission which is the heart of the movie

it works and you don't need deep character development
>>
>>82140336
>the end of BvS
to be fair, it was implied that he was coming back almost immediately after.
>>
I really want to see the slipknot trilogy. Would've made Suicide Squad even better.
>>
>>82140056
>when the gray hair guy cracks up

top kek
>>
>>82141943
nnno it's the same shit scenario
every character needs a trilogy
not even just a fucking movie

a fucking. trilogy.
>>
>>82143954
Because I want to understand what's so great about superhero movies. I liked the old spiderman movies as a kid, but I don't get why everyone seems to enjoy this cinematic universe garbage nowadays.
>>
memelord at it again
>>
>>82139848
This.
Sbpb
>>
>>82140115
Not really.
>>
>>82139848
Yea the new star wars isn't part of a new trilogy

Idiot
>>
>see chris pratt got a star on the walk of fame
>wonder who the fuck he is
>check his acting credits

haahaha. they'll give those stars to anyone these days.
>>
File: S70422-125550.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S70422-125550.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>82140334
Absolutely no.
We had 5 Superman movies where all movie he saves someshit all the time , we had 5 Batman movies in which he kills (both directly, indirectly and half-assed) and where he is not, wrecking cars, where he has crazy stupid fine gf yet their relationships are off-screen, works with Gordon, had Robin
I know you will say "yay, but that's different versions" and you will be right, but on the basis they are similar.
So Batman V Superman is clashing of basic Superman and basic Batman, both of which are seen through different point of views.
This is what makes BvS Ultimate cut meta-kíno, it like Watchmen without satire, but still with irony (all Snyder movies have irony). This why DCEU is secretly great.
>>
>>82142712
Eyelet?
>>
File: Jew's blood.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jew's blood.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>82140937
I think Tom Holland is pretty much redpilled, considering the fact that he watched Raimi trilogy, and long before he was considered to be next Spider-Man.
>>
Why would anyone care what this Hillary voter thinks?
>>
>>82144439
He had to lose weight so that he could play Star Lord.

It was funny watching Parks and Rec seeing him as a goofy fat dude, then when he comes back he's suddenly swole as fuck.
>>
>>82139848
I think what hes trying to say is that DC's characters are more complex than marvels. Think about it, you can jump into any marvel movie without much setup as they haven't given any of them much baggage at all.

Here though the characters are treated as more complex with more backstory hinted at than is given.

So really its a difference in the treatment of the characters overall, in marvel they're just archetypes that get built up over the course of the movie.
>>
>>82139765
The marketing leading up to the release of the movie should have focused on individual characters. Each one should have had 10 minute shorts released on YouTube to show their character, or how they were caught.
>>
He's actually right though. One of the reasons why the avengers did so well (first one) was that each character in it had a really strong established fanbase already.
>>
Perfectly fair, and he's not trashing it.

The final editing cut was by an advertising agency, which is why it ended up how it is. An actually competent editor would've put the "flashback" parts throughout the movie instead of shoving it all at the start.
>>
>>82144987
Well, poor choice of movie then. What you really want to watch is Watchmen. Fucking fantastic film. Which, of course, did not do too well because it was actually good the whole way through so honestly I'm just as baffled as you.
>>
>>82139953
>I liked that. It was stylish.
>I liked the cut that an advertising company edited together
Knew this board was filled with mouthbreathing retards
>>
>>82140086
We know Dc and Marvel characters will prevail. Superman died but he will return. There is no tension about achieving the final goal. Ironically, when there is a meaningful death, we start asking for a comeback or a prequel solo movie.
>>
>>82146742
That's a cool idea, even if it wouldn't work because you know people are going to go in without having watched those shorts and say they shouldn't have to watch the shorts to appreciate the film.

Is there anything that actually did something like that? Closest I can think of is Star Wars, where if you didn't watch Clone Wars before ep 3 you'd have no fucking clue who General Grievous is.
>>
>>82140920

Karl Urban is still slated to play Black Manta and now stars in Thor 3
>>
>>82146712
Wasn't it zero dark 30 or something like that. Also he use to be fit back in the strangers with candy days
>>
>>82146894
Well, there you go.
Wasn't he Dredd too? Now there's an actor who knows his capekino.
>>
>>82144847
>all of them are three hours of Slipknot climbing everything
I'd watch it.
>>
>>82144783
Dude, have you seen The Magnificent Seven? I'm pretty sure he knows perfectly well that that kind of movie can work. I really think he has to be trolling with this quote, and everyone reporting on it is just too pleb to get it.
>>
>>82146086
I love Chris Pratt. If anything he deserves TWO stars.
>>
>>82146853
Yeah, of course they will. It'd just lessen the impact of that blow, and if they did it well enough, it could have just been a good mini-series well in advance. It all seems poorly planned, anybody that thinks they can introduce that many characters in a movie while also having a generic evil doer plot is fucking insane.
Shit, they could have just made the movie about their individual stories and their inevitable imprisonment. Have a thin thread connecting them all, maybe an organisation that is doing something in the shadows (hint) that requires their individual efforts, and then eventually they each get caught because they were set up to, unknowingly.
The end of the movie is the start of them as the Suicide Squad. Easy set up for movie 2 where they're the squad taking down that organisation, and now they're established characters in an established universe. It sets them up for a later JLA interaction where viewers are familiar with the villains.

Comic book shit writes itself.
>>
File: 1493307768687.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493307768687.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>82139765
>rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.”
I know he's being sarcastic but if you read this in comic form you'd already have read their individual series
>>
“I really like all the Marvel. movies,” Pratt said. “I think they’re really cool and I’m not a real tough critic on those movies. But one of the flaws might have been they were introducing too many characters in Guardians of the Galaxy. They spent 10 minutes telling us why should we care about these characters, rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters.
>>
>>82139765
>rather than creating trilogies for each character
kek dig at Marvel?

he is right though. they probably should've started them small and not make Enchantress the villain from the get go, but part of the team. and the premise of their creation isn't going to be "what if Superman comes to the White House and kills the president." use them to do extremely black ops missions since fuck them, they're criminals anyway.

movie two can be the Joker taking over the prison so he can break Harley out. and Harley also frees her friends. Deadshot goes back to his dotter etc.

movie three is the Enchantress going nuts. Waller assembles a new squad to kill her, and the old gang COME TOGETHER to stop the new squad and bring Enchantress back to her senses because that's what friends do.
>>
>>82139873
Solo and Kenobis backstories/motives are created as the movie progresses dumb shit, characters like Harley Quinn have set backstories and motives that existed way before suicide squad, comparing the two movies like you have is apples and oranges
>>
>>82139848
You utter fucking retard. The world of Star Wars is consists of aliens, humans and tech. No super power save Jedi telekinesis and mind reading. You can pick that shit up as the story goes. However, we do need to know how a witch got possessed, or why one character looks like an alligator in an American city. They just rattle off details in these movies (this and B vs S) to bring you up to speed because they don't know how to tell a story.
>>
>>82147424
Why did he end his sentence after Marvel and then just say "Movies." as an entire sentence?
>>
>>82147650
>>82147651
>these mental gymnastics
top cuk
>>
>>82139765
Pratt's so hot. I've got this feeling anon is really jealous of him and goes out of his way to spread shit.
>>
>>82146894
He's in the trailer.
>>
>>82139765
Weird considering they didnt have separate trilogies for each one of the gotg people.
>>
>>82147761
Other way around, I created this thread because I think he's hot and like to piss off /tv/ by posting his handsome face.
>>
Yes, I certainly wanted to watch a diablo trilogy or a slipknot one...

He is a cool guy, but gid damn that argument is retarded
>>
>>82139765
Seriously we need to protect our dcucks they are being killed so much
>>
>>82142762
Guardians of the Galaxy and suicide squad are both bad movies his criticism is valid he didn't actually say his movie was any better you're just getting a little defensive of your reddit movie bud
>>
>>82147650
Luke, yes.
Kenobi, not at all.

They give glimpses of his life and then they kill him on the first movie. So there is not much to build forwards
>>
>>82147835
I actually think a Diablo trilogy could have been pretty cool.
Figuratively speaking.
>>
>>82139765
He's right. The first time we met Leto's Joker shouldn't have been as a cameo in a spin-off for a version of Harley Quinn never previously seen.
>>
>>82147758
cant think of counter argument "hehe top c-c-cuk"
>>
>>82147969
Since you didn't presented any argument other than "i-it's not the same Han Solo didn't have a backstory" although he did, to the point Disney is actually making a cashgrab sequel about him, no counterargument is needed really. You BTFO yourself
>>
>>82139909
That's what I immediately assumed
That bit made me laugh out loud genuinely when I first read it, and then I was like "wait, is this serious?"
>>
>>82147932
during the original trilogy Kenobi was only really there to put Luke on a path, i don't think they planned to have him be such a key player, as that was only done in the later trilogy
>>
>>82147957
It really is weird that they decided to INTRODUCE the Joker this way. I guess because they figure everyone already knows the character well enough that they don't need to waste time doing a whole movie for an introduction?

It's just weird to think that the DCEU right now is two Superman movies and... a movie about a random assortment of villains fighting some other villain nobody has fucking heard of. And the next one? No, not Batman. Fucking Wonder Woman. Like, yeah, it's cool to see Wonder Woman finally getting her own movie, but what in the world is this order of films?
>>
>>82140086
fuck off. The scene where the blue guy died made me tear up
>>
>>82146803
Yeah, I've actually seen that one. It is indeed pretty good.
>>
>>82148051
his backstory was created in the movie, if the movie wasnt created Han doesnt even exist, if suicide squad movie was never made Harley Quinn still exist as her backstory was pre existing in the comics
>>
>>82148241
This may be the most retarded post I've read in months, congratulations
>>
>>82139765
>>82139765

the real problem was every character besides harley-joker were boring filler bullshit.

Will Smith being the worst offender, of course.
>>
>>82148316
At your level of understanding i'm surprised you can even read
>>
>>82148342
Fuck you, Deadshot is badass and I was ecstatic to see him in an actual movie.
>>
>>82148241
>the character existed before in other medium so it needs a trilogy of solo movies

This is stupid even by marvel fanboy standards
>>
>>82140188
What parts of Suicide Squads makeup was CGI? Besides the flames.
>>
>>82148418
>trilogy of movies

i'm just saying why comparing star wars and suicide squad is stupid
>>
>>82148426
Killer Croc? If I'm mistaken about this I am really fucking impressed.
>>
>>82144439
He gains it back when he doesn't need to be fit for a role. His wife prefers him that way.
>>
File: 1488393675558.jpg (817KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488393675558.jpg
817KB, 768x1024px
>>82148601
Suicide Squad is getting a trilogy too though.
>>
>>82144439
didnt he have to get fat to do comedy because all the numales didnt want to hire a chad?
>>
>>82139876
I don't even like GotG, it's fucking Reddit tier Meme humor and almost as bad as tbbt, but that's not true. GotG developed exactly one character, Starlord, the rest of the characters past we learn from dialogues without any form of flashback, so that was actually one of the best parts of me movie.
>>
>>82148604
Kill Croc was all makeup and practical effects
That's why the film won the oscar
>>
>>82140429
What are you talking about? Xavier transfers his mind in his brain dead sibling in the after credits scene, so he never was permanent dead, he is only once and for all dead in Logan and Logan is one of the most praised movies critic and audience wise of all time.
>>
>>82139848
The original Star Wars only had 4 main characters and 1 villain. Are you fucking high?
>>
Didn't need the indian the aussie or the crocodile.
>>
>>82139765
>trilogy
Lol no. Suicide squad already spent way too much time on these uninteresting characters. It weren't too many, but they were just taken too seriously. Suicide Squad should have followed a classic heist movie structure. Just introduce every character quickly by pointing out there speciality, then having them use it later in the 'heist'. Every character should have been treated as a sidecharacter except maybe the leader of the squad, instead of treating every character like a super important villain/hero that is impressive, because they are not, most of them just have one special skill, but are not really special in the grand scheme of things. And then just let them run through the heist and have them show their skills. And they really should have pulled a heist, just take from the bad guys, so they can still work for the government. They could have recaptured the heart of the with to then destroy it, in a heisty way. This way they could have still been used as minor villain sidekicks in future DC movies.
But instead they decided to obviously have them save the fucking world from a fucking ancient alien. Srsly wtf is wrong with hollywood writers. This shit was not only lazy but obviously plain bad as well.
>>
>>82149106
None of them had solo movies before
>>
>>82139765
>Well gang, what do you think now that Chris Pratt has weighed in on the matter?

Still don't give a fuck about capeshit. It's shit for kids to sit in front of while they play with their phones.
>>
>>82149016
Well shit. Well deserved, then.
>>
>>82139765
>>82139848
>rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters
>mfw he is actually shitting on Marvel
Is memelord /ourguy/?
>>
File: zackatwork.jpg (604KB, 2024x1350px) Image search: [Google]
zackatwork.jpg
604KB, 2024x1350px
>Chris 'Meme' Pratt
>Born again xxxtian
>Not loving the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Snyder
>>
>>82146771
>An actually competent editor would've put the "flashback" parts throughout the movie instead of shoving it all at the start.
That was very amateurish indeed. Why WB made that decision, is beyond me.
>>
>>82144783
Are you retarded? The Dirty Dozen is a movie actually made by an artist and it's focus is the characters, not the action or the plot. Guardians is capeshit, it needs to have action and shit hapenning at all times, the characters are just plot devices. It meeds to entertain, it needs to make a lot of money.
>>
>>82139953
It was literally a vidyagame character chart.
>>
>>82152234
>How can I insult this thing...
>I know, I'll compare it to video games! That'll make me, the guy who watches comic book movies, look so cool and mature.
>>
>>82140202
All the Joker scenes should've been cut.
>>
>>82152307
The Joker scenes were some of the best scenes in the movie.
It's just that they had no place in this one. It's like they were filmed for a completely different movie.
>>
>>82139765
yeah we need 12 movies leading up to one. and then 3 of the one it led up to to lead up to the one where they fight the guy their supposed to fight. meanwhile on the opposite side of good or evil, we need that same format. there should be nothing in the movies EXCEPT for super hero movies.
>>
>>82139953
>2017
>Oscars mean anything
Might as well compare box office numbers.
If you honestly don't recognize GotG as the better meaning compared to SS, not literally every movie ever before your retarded brain gets any funny ideas movie of the two, you might have legitimate brain problems.
>>
>>82139765
>rather than creating trilogies for each character and convincing us to care about the characters

How about just good writing?
>>
>>82140056

is he the one that will transcend his redditery and go beyond? what even is beyond?
>>
>>82152263
It was a lazy way to introduce those characters, even by capeshit standards.
>>
Would a Thunderbolts movie work? Does Marvel have enough bad guys with enough personality to eke out some villain-kino?
>>
>>82153307
I have literally no idea what Thunderbolts is.
>>
>>82139765
What the fuck is he talking about? Guardians of the galaxy did the exact same shit,only they were smart enough to throw in 80s references and meme offs.

There is not one scene in SS worse than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaaJyAjvajo
>>
>>82153485
>only they were smart enough to throw in 80s references and meme offs.
Oh, you mean like how Suicide Squad was filmed to the brim with 80s music and also had a My Little Pony for some reason?
>>
>>82153485
What exactly is bad about the dance off in the context of the movie and the characters present?
>>
>>82153702
Yeah, well at least at the end of the movie Harley Quinn doesn't defeats the CaraDeLememe with the help of Rainbow Dash...capeshit is trash...
>>
>>82149160
Because didn't need solo movies to introduce them because there was so few. Holy fuck how fucking retarded are you?
>>
File: 1483978736681.png (51KB, 693x496px) Image search: [Google]
1483978736681.png
51KB, 693x496px
>>82139765
>creating trilogies for each character
Wonder who can be behind this
>>
>>82155188
Anon hate dancing!
>>
>>82155399
You're some dumb motherfucker aren't you?
>>
>>82139765
>trilogies for each character
Marvel BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: BEYOND MAD.gif (2MB, 220x160px) Image search: [Google]
BEYOND MAD.gif
2MB, 220x160px
>>82139765
tfw no Katana trilogy starring me as her dead husband
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.