[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there nothing on TV that compares to Game of Thrones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: the zun.jpg (155KB, 600x777px) Image search: [Google]
the zun.jpg
155KB, 600x777px
Why is there nothing on TV that compares to Game of Thrones? Say what you will about the quality of writing, there's nothing that comes close in terms of production values.
>>
>>82138946
b8
>>
Because it's not TV, it's HBO
>>
Upvoted
>>
>>82138946
it was a huge risk. whoever pitched it could say "the books are selling like fentanyl, so a tv show would do just as well," and the investors sit around looking suspicious. the show did well, but books don't always translate to tv that well, and the people who make the shows are investors - they want a return on their investment. they aren't there to keep you entertained.
>>
File: 1400471730486.png (1MB, 1062x764px) Image search: [Google]
1400471730486.png
1MB, 1062x764px
>>82138946
>AD 2017
>Still no HBO series about Byzantium
>>
>>82139089
Nobody wants to see loosers
>>
>>82139089
There will never be a show about Byzantium. It makes mussies look bad.
>>
yeah sure thing m8 nice plastic armor you got there
>>
>>82138946
The Last Kingdom is way better than Game of Thrones
>>
Because those production values are stupid expensive, and only HBO is willing to throw those kinds of resources around. There isn't enough room in the television environment for a bunch of Game of Thrones quality shows, either. They have to be stupid popular just to break even, so only a few can survive off of the limited viewership available. And comparably popular shows like the Big Bang Theory can get away with being much, much cheaper and still being very popular. Most shows have no need for elaborate costumes and huge battle scenes with a gorillion characters.
>>
>>82138946
>Game of Thrones
>good production value

Pick one.
>>
Fuck now I want to play CK2.
>>
>>82138946
I've always wanted to reform the Zunist church.
>>
>>82139089
Do you really need to see constantinople sacked by christians?
>>
>>82140247
> Christians
Weren't they excommunicated ?
>>
>>82141116
By that logic the Byzantines weren't Christian either since they were also excommunicated/denounced by the Papacy.
>>
>>82141142
Good point, although I thought anon was misusing "christians" to mean "catholics"
>>
>>82139089
fuck yes. they could do "Count Belisarius", from the author of "I, Claudius"

> Based Belisarius
> tries to be like old Roman generals
> living in a corrupt cesspit of fawning assholes
> the emperor secretly hates him
> keeps sending him out to fight barbarians with fewer and fewer troops
> Belisarius keeps winning anyway
> even his enemies respect him
> emperor has him blinded
> all of his former captains support him anyway
>>
>>82141142
there were two popes at the time, and each had excommunicated the other. this means that there are no christians.

yay!
>>
How about an epic western? Would that work at all in the current era? The popularity of Westworld suggests people still like western themes, but does it have to be completely subversive like WW for people to care?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.