[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, how is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 17

File: PHi3FGAu4Fkdlm_1_l.jpg (169KB, 641x950px) Image search: [Google]
PHi3FGAu4Fkdlm_1_l.jpg
169KB, 641x950px
I had high hopes but after Jeremy Jahns and Schmoesknows both said it sucks and Stuckmann's review still isn't out, I'm really hesitant.

I feel like you guys are the only ones I can trust not to be biased.
>>
>>82138527
it felt more quippy but also more emotional than the 1st
>>
It's better than the first one. Some parts are genuinely heart breaking.
>>
>Jeremy Jahns

That faggot didn't think this movie was "awesometacular"?

Shit, maybe that means it's actually good.
>>
You're better off watching BvS or Suicide Squad
>>
I really enjoyed /tv/ just hates anything that is popular.
>>
>>82138527
I thought it was great.
I've heard some complaints that it's completely separate from the MCU, but I see that as a good thing because the MCU is turning to dogshit, Civil War sucked.
It's certainly character/comedy driven, so if you're into that you'll enjoy it. Also James Gunn's pals get some more exposure which is always fun.
But yeah, some of those online reviewers are hacks.
>>
File: infinitywar-165817[1].jpg (84KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
infinitywar-165817[1].jpg
84KB, 655x380px
>>82140488
>because the MCU is turning to dogshi

Lol, cant wait to see the epic fail of this 10 years project
>>
>>82138527
The first third of the film is genuinely quip central, I thought people were exaggerating but honestly every other line is a one liner. Picks up with feels later on, enjoyed it overall but preferred first film.
I wanna FUCK Gamora hnnnnngh
>>
File: 1489026286665.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1489026286665.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
>>82141257
Especially with the Russo brothers directing, you just know those movies will be 4 fucking hours long each.
>>
>>82140437
Why are you bringing up DC in a Marvel thread?
>>
>>82138527
it's all about the pomin8or
>>
File: new and improved.jpg (531KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
new and improved.jpg
531KB, 2000x1500px
>they replaced tower of terror with this guardians of the galaxy ride

thanks, assholes
>>
>>82138527
5/10 massive step down
>>
File: 1327961603001.png (517KB, 984x688px) Image search: [Google]
1327961603001.png
517KB, 984x688px
>>82138527
>I feel like you guys are the only ones I can trust not to be biased.
>>
>>82138527
The editing was very choppy throughout the film. Too many pointless plots that went no where. Dialogue was either poor or basic. Bradley Cooper was annoying as fuck. Yondu and Ego were pretty good. Drax was the best part though.I didn't like it but I didn't expect to.

Also go to a session with as few people as possible. I had one of the worst theatre experiences when I saw it.
>>
>>82140476
not always the case but if that makes you feel better about liking it, sure.
>>
Worth it just for Yondu/Michael Rooker.

This is correct: >>82140133
>>
File: x23.jpg (102KB, 704x596px) Image search: [Google]
x23.jpg
102KB, 704x596px
>>82138527
It was awful, anon. It let me down pretty hard and I was already expecting it to be worse than the first one but not in this way. It is to GoTG what Age of Ultron was to Avengers but worse 'cause AoU had a plot, while this movie doesn't.

Everything is all over the place and everybody is just there. Things just happen and in the end golden people who nobody gives a shit about show up. It was an ensemble movie "focused" on one single character and everybody else was just there. I say "focused" cause this movie had no focus at all. It was a scattergun. Usually when a movie or tv episode focused on a single character while being part of a group happens we have those characters going on a trip, so they'll all have something to do. GoTG 2 though focus on Ego's planet. It's basically Guardian's holiday special. Star-Lord hangs out with Ego and everybody else is given ridiculous badly written pieces of things to do in a desperate attempt by James Gunn to justify their presence in the movie. The action was also repetitive and over the top. Everything was excessive.

Guess what? This movie was solely written by Gunn. That shows. He went full Whedon, man. Every scene in this movie felt like it was made by a cocky director who things he's smarter than he is with nobody controlling him. It kind of reminded me of Jurassic Park 2 but oh my god, JP2 was way better and more entertaining and engaging than this. I haven't been this detached in theaters since Suicide Squad. Everything was cliché turned up to eleven. The dialogue is insufferable.
>>
>>82141607
>had one of the worst theatre experiences when I saw it.
Did you?
>>
Forgot to say: there are a few good scenes though but three good scenes don't make a movie.
>>
>>82141607
>Too many pointless plots that went no where. Dialogue was either poor or basic

This. The plots weren't pointless, they were just weak as fuck. Their point was a bad excuse to give the characters something to do.

As for the dialogue, I felt like the first movie was a typical movie for everyone of all ages while this one was made specifically for six year old kids. It is THAT dumbed down.

Nicole Perlman did make a great contribution to the first movie. I see that now. Now that Gunn wrote the sequel all by himself he fucked up pretty hard.
>>
>>82141664
This guy 2 seats next to me had his phone out the whole time and would constantly show the girl next to me what was on his phone by shoving it right in her face. People would always go "Nawwwwww" when Groot was on screen. Girl would constantly yell out "cute doggo!" every time rocket was on screen and would have conversations with each other if Groot or Rocket wasn't on the screen. And when the big spoiler of the movie was revealed a girl screamed out "CUNT!" in so much hurt anger you would think it actually happened.
>>
>>82141715
Every joke just seemed to be "PENIS AHAHAHAHA"
>>
>>82138527
>Go to midnight release
>Opening scene
>EVERYONE KNOWS THAT SKIN IS THE SAME THICKNESS ON THE OUTSIDE AND INSIDE or whatever the fuck that line was
>Some hambeast goes into absolute hysterics
>Tfw I felt like a pleb for not being able to appreciate the joke of a biological nature
Then again she was also screaming when they were talking about Drax's turds so whatever
>>
Do you think they are some normies out there who watch those flicks, but don't realise Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers are in the same universe?
>>
>>82142152
Well, I imagine there must be one or two, mostly children,. but most of them can't be that obtuse.
>>
I liked it. Go in expecting some easy to digest marvel Shit and you're set for some fun.

The visuals were fucking solid, I don't hear anybody talking about it. Best looking superhero movie without a doubt.
>>
>>82138527
Copying and pasting from other thread:

Wasn't impressed. Jokes about vomit (and seeing characters vomit while other characters literally point and laugh), shit, burps, etc. Some real bottom-of-the-barrel low-brow humour in there. Plot is lazy and predictable, the "twist" doesn't make any sense, and there's a whole bunch of attempted sentimentality forced into the last ten minutes for characters we don't even care about just so their death can have an impact - and even then it still does not.

Soundtrack was obviously decent, performances were fine. Effects were decent, and the opening titles were actually really fun. Also the dynamic between Drax and Mantis (the new chick with antennae) was enjoyable. Easily the best part of the film.

Would probably go a 5/10. Pretty average. For reference's sake, I gave the first one a 7/10.

Also, not even exaggerating, the credits had four mid-credits scenes and another post-credits one. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: IMG_0095.gif (3MB, 450x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.gif
3MB, 450x187px
>>82138527
It probably is the enjoyable popcorn effort, anon. It my hypothetical theory of mine that any kinds of universe can never build on the marketing plan that lacks concept. If you think this Vol 2 is a single piece that fills in a spot in the jigsaw puzzle, the unusual suddenly seems intriguing. Y'know... like a SW !!! George originally came up with several stories that construct whole saga like the heavy duty novel. Then most importantly, a dude had the nerve to start whole thing from the infamous episode 4 !!! Just imagine how ppl thought who saw things as they go at the time. (笑´・艸・)
>>
>>82138527
Ego is great, but a lot of the dialogue is just running gag after running gag after running gag.
The movie had a lot of those, and I felt that they didn't space them out enough, give them some breathing space. Each one has a high point that would have been much funnier if they had deleted the iterations between the set-up and the pay off.

Examples:
>Rocket dislikes being called a raccoon
>early on, he pulls a gun on Quill who corrects himself to "chipmunk" instead
>Rocket does a little survey whether the group thinks that's worse
>Quill says it is, Rocket attacks
For the rest of the film, no-one is able to correctly identify his species, ranging from fox to puppy to pointy-nosed monkey.
>Thatsthejoke.jpg

>Groot having to rescue Yondu and Rocket from a cell, sent to bring Yondu his experimental red fin first
>He brings everything and the kitchen sink (or rather, a Ravager's severed toe), but not the fin for what feels like 4-5min, receives a new description of the fin, leaves again

>a baddie who looks like the lead singer from Lordi goes by the name of Taserface
>cue every interaction with him becoming nothing but "BAHAHA YOUR NAME'S TASERFACE!"
>Pay-off: When he's about to die, telling his superiors he just wants his enemies to know their death at the hands of his superiors was his, Taserface's, vengeance, superior cracks up before disabling comlink

>the Death Button scene from the first trailer is greatly extended with more going back and forth between
"Which button is it?"
"I am Groot?"
"NOOO! Try again!"
and Quill asking all his team mates for duct tape off-screen while the camera is pointed at Rocket and Groot looking exhausted.

>Nebula craves some sort of root vegetable while she's chained up in the ship, gets told time and time again that the roots aren't ripe yet.
>five minutes later, she frees herself and takes a bite
>realizes it's not ripe yet.

>Sovereign drone ships are repeatedly treated like arcade machines
>>
>>82138527
It meanders severely in the middle, but it's so vibrant, heartfelt, and fun that you'll wind up forgiving it for that by the end

Solid 8/10 if not higher

Best sci-if movie to come out in recent memory. Perfect balance of "space is a scary place full of alien rapists" and "space is beautiful and awesome"
>>
>>82138527
>I feel like you guys are the only ones I can trust not to be biased.
Made it too obvious, OP.
>>
>>82141654
>Peter carries around a 30 year old picture (barely crinkled) of David Hasslehoff

Yeah fucking right
>>
>>82142291
Were some of the inner Ego's "landscapes" and a couple of scenes where we see the entire planet from space matte paintings?
I definitely had that impression, or at least CGI that purposely looked like those.
>>
>>82143145
true i had a lot more fun with this than star wars rebels and force awakens,
i really liked ego
>>
>>82143241
He actually does
>>
>>82143140
Also:
>Rocket and Drax repeat between each other multiple times that Rocket stole batteries from the golden people

>Drax keeps telling Mantis he finds her repulsive to look at

>while Rocket, Kraglin the lanky ravager and Yondu are doing hyperspace jumps, their faces twist and morph into cartoony versions of their regular appearance. Because they have to make 700 jumps to reach Ego, there's multiple scenes on the planet that then cut back to the ship, and they're still at it.

By contrast:
>The memetic Pac-Man transformation is mentioned exactly once during the second act and has its pay-off in the finale

>Drax mentions in the beginning that he hates space suits because they chafe and his nipples are very sensitive
>Gets stuck in a space suit for the finale
>promptly exclaims "OW! MY NIPPLES!"
>>
it's literally reddiit: the flick
>>
>>82143268
>>Drax keeps telling Mantis he finds her repulsive to look at
i wished drax didn't talk so much
>>
>>82142291
Everything explosion is rainbow coloured which is as though marvel took the criticisms of their movie being grey and just kept telling the graphics department "MORE COLOUR!".
>>
after Civil War, the hype is dead for MCU flicks
>>
And let's not get strarted on the skeletons appearing out of nowhere exactly at the right time for them to realise Ego was up to no good
>>
>>82143268
Oh, and also there's a pronlonged scene where Yondu kills every single muntineer ravager with his whistle arrow - count the shots where the camera follows the arrow through a ravager, exposing the view through the hole it just made. There's quite a few.

And slow-motion scenes up the ass. So many things were needlessly in slow-motion.
>>
>>82143320
Because tearing the Avengers up prematurely to force them back together in the next film is echausting
>>
>>82143308
That, too.
And how often he mentions his bodily functions.
>sensitive nipples
>legendary turds
>his wife didn't dance, that made his "lower regions swell up"
>his disgust at the thought of "uniting bodily" with Mantis

And still they cram his "Thanos killed my family" backstory right between this.
>>
>>82143328
he could have hidden them better or drop them in to the sun
>>
I physically could not watch this movie In the cinema I started shaking back and forth muttering "This is Reddit, this is memes, this is Reddit, this is memes. THIS is REDDIT, THIS is MEMES. THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES".
Eventually I had to leave. I think I lasted 10 minutes.
>>
>>82138527
The first one is way more concise, but this one is probably just as good. Humor is inconsistent, but has its high points. It suceeds where many MCU movies have failed: strong villain, nice visuals, belieavable relationships.

And thank god Baby Groot didn't take too much screentime.
>>
>>82143408
sounds like Doctor Strange but more convoluted
>>
>>82143408
>Strong Villain

I had billions of kids and only you have what I need, Peter!

..why?
>>
>>82143377
all this was awful, but I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the giant turd line. I felt like Marvel was actually giving me the middle finger AND shitting on my plate in the first 10 minutes of the movie ffs.
>>
>>82143377
>>82143377
>And still they cram his "Thanos killed my family" backstory right between this.
i thought her forgot about that for most of the film
>>
>>82143447
he>>82143447
>i thought her forgot about that for most of the film
>>
>>82141562
Who gives a flying fuck about tower of terror? Is that such a big loss? Shut the fuck up. No one was fucking talking about tower of terror.
>>
>>82143440
i didn't care for drax this time i like in the first film he was angry and driven, in this he was just playing like the didn't have anything for him to do
>>
>>82143420
>sounds like Doctor Strange but more convoluted
it's Doctor Strange but good instead of meh

>strong villain
>nice visuals
>belieavable relationships
actually now that I think of it Doctor Strange had none of those things, only maybe hints of what could have been
>>
File: 1490461808773.jpg (23KB, 477x331px) Image search: [Google]
1490461808773.jpg
23KB, 477x331px
>>82138527
>caring what youtube reviewers think
>>
>>82143506
>strong villain
>nice visuals
>belieavable relationships

but it was better than Civil War because of this
>>
>>82143431
idk why, but they mention that he was the only one that actually had ''celestial'' DNA or whatever

are they saying humans are better than other species??
>>
>>82141745
If you want to sit in complete silence don't go to a theater aspie. You sound like you're exaggerating anyway. You must live in a shitty place. But it sounds like you'd get mad at people simply laughing at a theater.
>>
>>82143328
Also, Peter is such a dumbo that he only starts questioning Ego when the latter literally confesses he felt the need to kill his mom via brain tumor because he loved her so much.
He doesn't raise an eyebrow at the revelation that Ego had billions of offspring when he said before that he found Peter's mom, HIS ALLEGED FIRST LOVE SHORTLY after gaining sentience and a body.
>>
>>82143556
i get this he doesn't know the other kids, but he found out the man in front of him kill his mother in the worse possible way imaginable, have you ever experienced a loved one die slowly from cancer, if it was me i would have used grenades and a nuclear device from orbit
>>
Pros
>Strong themes of fatherhood throughout
>I personally found Drax hilarious
>Starlord and Gamora felt well written and not too quippy
>side plot with the ravagers was decent if you forgive some reddit-tier humour
>better music than first one

Cons
>Ego goes from could-be-interesting to generic-giant-face-wants-to-destroy-universe
>cringeworthy "eugenics is stoopid amirite!?" antagonists
>Rocket and Groot tiresome and too quippy
>overall extremely forgettable film
>>
>>82138527
>I had high hopes but after Jeremy Jahns and Schmoesknows both said it sucks

Neither of those things happened though.
>>
>>82143140
>>82143268
Good observation about increased repetition killing the payoffs anon, I had this nagging feeling about something that didn't quite work but I couldn't place it. Have a (You) for your actual contribution
>>
>>82138527
>Ego, an isolated alien organism resembling a planet, gains the ability to create a human avatar
>somehow knows humans are a thing
>with the fashion sense of a western male circa the early 80's

He never experimented with other forms of life?
He visited all those alien broads looking like CGI Kurt Russell?

Also:
>Guardians' ship gets rekt
>litterally ripped in half
>they make the hyperspace jump with the wreckage
>crash on forest planet
>at night, the Ravagers show up
>"How did you find us?"
>"We placed a tracer on your ship way back when."

Gee, weren't they lucky the tracer remained functional and wasn't in the ship's half that's now floating around in a completely different part of space.
>>
>>82143685
your going to make me hate this movie arent you
>>
>>82143707
Watch it for Kurt and Rooker. They're great.
>>
>>82143657
I disagree with
>better music than first one
>overall extremely forgettable film
and I found ego to be as good as it could in a MCU movie
>>
>>82143431
Only humans had dna that was compatible enough with a Celestial's to host his power, you might think it's stupid but it's an explanation

>>82143556
More like Peter was being mind-controlled by being overwhelmed with his mind's expansion (starry eyes) so that he viewed everything through Ego's philosophy until his self reaffirmed when he got that Ego killed his mother, which was too much and made him snap out of it
>>
>>82143761
>More like Peter was being mind-controlled

Alright, fine. I wasn't sure that he was truly mind controlled or actually on-board with all of Ego's claptrap, because he seemed quite taken in from the start.
>>
>>82143829
he wanted a father, his father but he "sniff" "sniff" already had a dad "sniff'

i will that scene hit me like a tonne of bricks
>>
>>82143873
Problem is, they killed that through repetition for me, too.

>I don't control the arrow through my mind, but my heaaaar-
>He wasn't you real daddy, son!
>Curious, isn't it? You're looking for something all your life, and you realize it's been beside you all this time.
>>
>>82143924
i know but yondu kicked ass
>>
>>82143534
Have a laugh in the theatre, stuff is usually funnier in a crowded room. But having your phone out and showing the person next to you the thing you saw on facebook while in a theatre is just fucking retarded.

Sadly, none of what I said was exaggerated. I'm an ausfag btw
>>
what are Sly and Sharon Stone doing in my kino?
>>
>>82138527
It's okay overall but the quips are just out of control, which makes the brief emotional moments lose a lot of their impact.
Otherwise it's visually nice, the soundtrack is good, the action is good and the story is acceptable, if not amazing.
Bonus: It stands on its own without requiring the other MCU movies.
>>
>>82143945
i know that feeling, Australia is worse place to go to cinema. i always see films during school hours or a couple of weeks after its released
>>
>>82141562
Oh look. A Disney product reskinned as Marvel. How appropriate.
>>
>>82141257
>Lol, cant wait to see the epic fail of this 10 years project
It already brought in 11 billion dollars for 14 movies. It's one of the biggest success in the history of cinema. Keep crying DCuck.
>>
>>82143955
Vomiting expospeak on Ravager burial rites in their first scene, then fucking off for a good portion of the film to reappear for the last 5 minutes, of which like 1min is screentime for them.
>>
>>82143966
This.

Aussies are insufferable cinema goers just like Yanks they are always bored on their phone talking sleeping banging chairs and shit
>>
>>82143966
Best experience I had this year was seeing LIFE at 4 on opening day. The theatre was empty.
>>
>>82143978
Tower of Terror was from The Twilight Zone and the license has run out.
>>
>>82144008
You're not making it any better.
>>
I feel kinda indifferent to it. It's a lot more deattached from the rest of the MCU, the first one had Thanos and the inifinity stone, this one feels alot more standalone.

There's some fun moments with Drax and Rocket, and baby groot is cute, but it still felt kinda meh. A bit disjointed. Kurt Russell as the bad guy is stupid.
>>
>>82143992
there use to be a kick ass cinema in perth wa called Piccadilly, perthfags know what im talking about.
they use to show Asian movies after a certain time, but every other time they showed cheap movies that had been showing few weeks at the hoyts and greater unions. the place was old and smelled funny but it was mostly empty but 6 dollar movies with only me and my two mates was awesome. saw my first jackie chan film at that place. i think it was amour of god
>>
>>82143657
>Starlord and Gamora felt well written and not too quippy
The problem is that they just come off as stuck up and wooden by comparison with everyone else being written as fucking inept clowns.
>>
The structure/pacing is pretty lousy, but if you can get past that you might like it more than the first. If you can't get past it, you will only like it if you loved the first.
>>
About the soundtrack. It's obvious the songs in the two movies are lyrically tied to what's happening on the screen. So I really hated that they actually subtitled the most 'important' lyrics. Felt like force feeding.
>>
>>82143685
>the squid monster's hide from the opening is impenetrable
>Drax jumps down its throat to slice its insides apart
>Peter points out that it's nonsensical, because the skin is as thick from within as it is without
>Gamora spots a wound at its neck
>slices it open from head to tentacles to free Drax

So... a few questions
>how did that wound get there?
>while Drax' statement IS nonsensical, his efforts aren't. Causing the beast internal bleedings should bring it down. (It doesn't, but what Star-Lord says is basically "armor is useless because it's durable from both sides", missing the point)
>why does the sword that literally didn't cut it a moment ago now tear the beast open like a zipper? Doesn't that invalidate Star-Lord's statement, hinting at structural inconsistencies from the inside of skin?
>>
>>82144194
They didn't in my country. Except if you mean Kurt Russell repeating and explaining the lyrics while you can also hear them in the background.
>>
>>82144194
You mean when Kurt Russell was reciting?
>>
>>82138527
I don't know. I think the first one was really bad (as a movie) so I'm not gonna watch this one.
>>
>>82144255

No. Here in Belgium, the subtitled the lyrics to The Chain and one other song, can't recall which one. Felt way too on-the-nose.
>>
>>82143685
>He visited all those alien broads looking like CGI Kurt Russell?

That was just short hand so people would recognise it was him on the space screen. What I didn't understand was why fighting the CGI Kurt Russle had an effect on a seemingly all powerful planet.
>>
>>82144307
Jesus.
Not Father and Son at the end, I hope?
>>
>>82144340
>What I didn't understand was why fighting the CGI Kurt Russle had an effect on a seemingly all powerful planet.

Exactly. He could've just retracted this form and kept attacking in his natural state, as a force of nature. That's also why I didn't get why he was struggling with Peter, begging him to help him defuse the bomb, when he could've just dissolved the current body, popped up near his brain, and take care of the bomb from there.
For most of the fight, I thought he might be oblivious to the bomb, since the brain is the only thing in the human body that doesn't feel pain itself; I expected he'd never know what had hit him, because he teased at that when he mentioned that even though he killed his offspring, he always made sure they never felt a thing.
>>
>>82144194
>they actually subtitled the most 'important' lyrics.

Fucking Christ. Seriously?
>>
>>82144421
I wish ego wasn't the villain at least the way Gunn wrote him.

Seems kinda idk cheap? What happened in the comics?
>>
>>82141562
Tower of literally who
>>
>>82138527
Someone described it as a really nice tour bus filled with shiny happy people spinning it's wheels in the parking lot never going anywhere. Take that as you will.
>>
>>82144538
In the comics, Ego is not a Celestial and just a sentient planet with a face that got into a fight with Galactus, who stuck a propulsion engine in one of its poles and sent it on its way. It eventually flies close to Earth and gets destroyed by the Fantastic Four iirc (with the Thing taking on Groot's role for the finale), and later recreated. Other offshoots of it include Id, the Selfish Moon and Super-Ego, and his brother, Alter-Ego. He can not manifest a body.
He becomes New Xandar at some point in time, when his madness wears off.

In the comics, Ego is not Star-Lords father. Instead, the current version of Peter Quill is the son of J'son of Spartax, making him a prince.
>>
>>82144617
It's dumb but it's fun, isn't that how these things are?
>>
>>82144632
If only the fun parts weren't mostly also dumb, it'd be a lot better.
>>
Gamora/Nebula's relationship drama felt really one-sided until the very end
>oh yeah, I *might* have been a cunt
Gamora's character arc had to juggle all the parts with Peter too, so I found that a bit too light
>>
>>82144342
Here in Brazil they subtitled Father And Son and a couple other songs too. Some of them not even lirically relevant for the scenes.

But I just realized that the subs were in english, wtf, my session was dubbed
>>
>>82144627
Damnit thanks for clearing that up fellow nerd
>>
>>82143140
This sounds like ass.
>>
>>82144945
My friend asked me what the age rating for the film was, and I'd read somewhere that here (Germany) it was rated FSK6, meaning 6 years and older. (It turns out it's FSK 12 instead)
She said that the pee pee poo poo humour and repetition of plot points definitely felt appropriate for that age group, but certain scenes and revelations felt absolutely out of place, namely:

>Loyal Ravagers getting thrown out of the air lock, dozens of frozen bodies drifting in space
>Nebula describing how Thanos tore out her eye, her brain and her arm as punishment for not being as good as Gamora
>The way extended scene of Yondu killing every single mutineer Ravager on the ship
>Groot bringing back a severed toe complete with the stump turned to the camera and nail fungus

In the end she thought it was "kinda okay". We're talking about someone who describes herself as not the brightest person and easily exciteable, and even she noticed.
>>
>>82145178
>Nebula describing how Thanos tore out her eye, her brain and her arm as punishment for not being as good as Gamora
Now that's parenting!
>>
>>82138527
>Jeremy Jahns and Schmoesknows

when even these manchildren say capeshit isnt all that great you know something wrong
>>
>>82145196
Nebula tells her this and Gamora's response is basically "It's not my fault, I never knew".

She never noticed that everytime she and her sister fought and she won, her sister would lose a limb and have it replaced by cybernetics.

Also, Gamora comes off as at least as psychotic as Nebula, even though she should be the more level-headed sibling.
They only find the piles of bones of Ego's children because Nebula goes North by Northwest on her butt with a spaceship (see the trailer). She crashes it, is stuck in the smoldering wreckage (trying to rip off her own leg below the shin in the process), when Gamora slowly picks up the turret from the ship, hot-wires it, and fires full blast at the cockpit like Iron Man's MvC hyper combo. The ship then breaks through the floor and catches on fire. Only then does Gamora jump after her and pull her free and you get a second serving of that horrible sequence from the first movie where Nebula's bones reset themselves.
>>
That young Kurt Russell in the opening scene had CGI face right? Gotta admit that Disney is getting better at this since it was almost indistinguishable from the real deal.
>>
>>82145346
Of course he did. That's why his face is hidden for several seconds behind the windshield. It's cheaper.

Get ready to see this technology used once again in PotC 5 next month with Johnny Depp.
>>
>>82143259
>i really liked ego

>that momentary flashback to Star-Lord's mother when Ego impaled his son with those energy tentacle things. The camera then zoomed to his brief sorrowful expression.

Fuck. This movie gave me the feels in such unexpected ways. For that alone it's better than the first one.
>>
>>82145178
>certain scenes and revelations felt absolutely out of place
the number of scenes I can describe as that is so big, the tone is absolutely insane.

the "giant turd" line, for example, is so absurd that for me it went straight past your average "haha, poop" line, we also have things Ego telling Quill that he put the tumor in his mother, and then all the repeated jokes that >>82143140 talks about, not mentioning the movie becoming purely for toddlers and mothers when Baby Groot is on the screen

I loved the movie, and the tonal shifts weren't too abrupt, but sometimes it felt like they didn't know what they were going for.
>>
>>82138527
Adam warlock is confirmed, so for my its already 9/10
>>
>>82145529
Does that mean Peter is going to get cucked? Once you go gold, everything else gets old.
>>
>>82145529
Adam's coccoon is in the third post-credits scene, he does not make an appearance himself.
>>
>>82143259
>i had a lot more fun with this than star wars rebels and force awakens
me too
>>
File: olivier_pron_05.jpg (273KB, 1600x645px) Image search: [Google]
olivier_pron_05.jpg
273KB, 1600x645px
Please tell me they will come for her later in volume 3. ;_;
>>
>>82145558
Adam will cuck the entire marvel heroes
>>
one thing I like about this movie is that it (ocasionally) strays away from the "smart" quips that we've been getting since Avengers, some of Drax's retardation is a nice change from Witty Hero #194
>>
>>82145615
I'm sorry anon. She's gone. The Ravagers had her wreckage brought into the mothership's hangar and Yondu severed the chains she was held up by to crush some stragglers. Then that part of the ship blew up. She died doing what she loved.
>>
>>82145659
Don't call him the R-word, he's got brain damage.
>>
>>82145558
Peter poured himself out completely to Gamora, even telling her that wretchedly tragic and hilariously pathetic story from his childhood where he'd tell the other kids that his dad was David Hasselhoff and that he wasn't around because he was busy filming his shows, and the most he got out of it was her going "okay, maybe, perhaps." So I wouldn't be mad if he lost her to Adam. In fact, he might even be cool with it.

But Mantis/Drax better happen in Vol. 3.
>>
>>82138527
>Jeremy Jahns
>Schmoesknow
>Stuckmann
Don't tell me you actually take these 'critics' seriously
>>
>GotG 2 already tracking for global US$450 - 500m opening weekend

why
>>
>>82145769
Because it's what people want. IN SPACE.
>>
>>82145769
Normies love Drax and Baby Groot.
>>
File: DAMN DOOR.jpg (55KB, 933x600px) Image search: [Google]
DAMN DOOR.jpg
55KB, 933x600px
>>82138527

>I had high hopes but after Jeremy Jahns and Schmoesknows both said it sucks and Stuckmann's review still isn't out, I'm really hesitant.

Just dropped in the say that you make me sick to my fucking core, bait or not. (You) are the cancer killing this website.

Don't give a fuck about Guardians of the Memexy
>>
>>82145769
>bright colours
>fast action
>fast jokes
>marvel
= guaranteed money
>>
File: Ego the Living Tomcat.png (3MB, 1225x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Ego the Living Tomcat.png
3MB, 1225x1281px
>>82143259
>>82145467
His big scheme was also amazing in how it played into the "epic crudeness" of the GotG series:

>Emperor Palpatine: Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station.
>Ming the Merciless: Every thousand years, I test each life system in the Universe. I visit it with mysteries, earthquakes, unpredicted eclipses, strange craters in the wilderness... If these are taken as natural, I judge that system ignorant and harmless - I spare it. But if the Hand of Ming is recognized in these events, I judge that system dangerous to us. I call upon the great god Dyzan, and for his greater glory...and for our mutual pleasure...I destroy it utterly
>Unicron: For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet, Cybertron. But now, you shall witness... its DISMEMBERMENT!
>Khan: I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on... hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity, in the center of a dead planet... buried alive. Buried alive.
>Skeletor: I am a part of the cosmos! Its energy flows... flows through me! Of what consequence are you now? This planet, these people, they are nothing to me! The universe is power - pure, unstoppable power! And I am that force, I am that power! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!
>Ego: (wordlessly unzips fly)

It stripped the likes of the cold assimilation plots of the Borg and the grotesque mutant impregnation MO of the xenomorphs of eldritch pretense to remind the audience that such schemes are tantamount to some dude callously (and egotistically) splooging his presence all over the galaxy.
>>
It's the opposite of what everyone says. It was better than the first really. But that's just my opinion

But the thing that shits me is people saying is it's separate from the rest of MCU. It's really the most lore building entry in the series. It explains how cruel Thanos is, it has the Watchers and Ego which will undoubtedly lead into the next Avengers investigating that shit and will probably link into Thor. It even has Howard the Duck. It's like people just expect Iron Man to be in everything.
>>
>>82145930
Futurama did it first.
>>
>>82145984
That was a pretty well-intentioned dude in the end. Ego was a straight-up rapist.
>>
My only gripes were the amount of quips and the dragon ball z shit on ego at the end. Solid 8.5/10 capecinema
>>
>>82145820
This. Baby Groot mostly.

Though of all Marvel movies to fill them with shekels, this can be one I'm not complaining about.
>>
>>82146024
>well-intentioned
Yivo was still a horny rapist, but I guess.
>>
>>82145947
> it has the Watchers and Ego which will undoubtedly lead into the next Avengers investigating that shit

That would fuck with the timeline, since the movie is officially set 2 months after the first (even though Stan Lee says, his last cameo was the FedEx guy, when it was the guy on the bus in Dr. Strange's mirror dimension).

In other words, some time in Fall 2014, a town in Missouri got covered in planet spooge and no-one batted an eye.
>>
>>82140133
>more quippy
How is this even possible
>>
>>82146074
>when it was the guy on the bus in Dr. Strange's mirror dimension
Obviously that means Strange was set before Civil War.
>>
File: guardiansnew0002.jpg (157KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
guardiansnew0002.jpg
157KB, 1280x674px
I was upset that Drax and Gamora didn't use their blades all that much (even less so than in the first movies), but it was an excellent movie all around.
>>
>>82145820

But Drax is genuinely funny
>>
>>82145736
Did you miss the ending where she mentions the "untold" between them because what you were looking for was always near you?
>>
>>82138527
I thought that lynching scene near the end was a bit too much
>>
File: 960.jpg (84KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
84KB, 960x540px
>>82146024
>>82145984
>>82146061
>Yivo
I thought we were talking about the shapeshifter guy that tried to marry Leela and pretended to be the last cyclops, the bit about Ego all playing the loving father and "You're my only son, I only loved your mother" reminded me of it.
>>
>>82146150
No I was talking about the giant tentacle creature that raped everyone in the entire universe.
>>
>>82146097
see
>>82143140
>>82143268
>>82145477
>>
>>82141745
You are lucky. In the theather I went to people were having sex when neither Rocket nor Groot were on screen.
>>
>>82146206

yeah there were a lot of quips but i didn't mind in this for some reason, even the shit ones. I actually laughed at Drax repeatedly calling the Asian pixie ugly.
>>
>>82141745
what big spoiler?
>>
>>82146371

ego being bad i guess?
>>
>>82143140
I believe the root vegetable was supposed to indicate something about Nebula behaving like a moody child
the wehole movie is about fatherhood.

Peter finally finds his father.
The team parents baby groot, who is literally a baby.
Yondu and Rocket talk about their fathers/creators
Drax finds a surrogate daughter and actually says that.
Gamora and Nebula discuss what their father made of them.

I saw some people enphasize a Yondu line, but my favorite is Ego's "This is the sea, Peter"
>>
>>82146443

>I saw some people enphasize a Yondu line, but my favorite is Ego's "This is the sea, Peter"

Try watching this when you're a father in the navy. I was pretty teary
>>
The CGI action spamfest is way overdone. I felt assaulted in every action sequence.

Many of the jokes fall flat, some weaker characters, weak b-plots.

But it was an okay movie. Lots to like, despite the disappointing elements.

Karen Gillian as Nebula sucks.
>>
>>82146394
Ah... that "spoiler"
>>
The movie monologues about its own characters way too much, instead of exploring them in a meaningful way.
>>
>>82138527
>I feel like you guys are the only ones I can trust

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>82146744
Who do YOU trust then?
>>
File: 1490619062128.jpg (50KB, 960x685px) Image search: [Google]
1490619062128.jpg
50KB, 960x685px
>>82141607
>tfw people in the theatre laugh literally every time groot talks.
>>
>>82146718

well the movie was better if you didn't know (i didn't)
>>
>>82146723
Heh I know what do you mean by that
>>
>>82146777
I'd honestly rather trust meme Youtube reviewers rather than people on this board, who usually don't even watch the movies they criticize. I have yet to see Guardians 2 however, so i don't know about that yet.
>>
>>82146863
I don't.
>>
>>82138527
>Jeremy Jahns

He's a faggot though.
>>
>>82146883
benis in vagina
>>
it is strongly implied that the ravagers were important but i have no idea who they are. was this explained in the first movie i forget
>>
>>82140133
I have no problem admitting I teared up at Yondu's funeral, which is especially weird because I fucking hated him in the first one, and 1 had no moments like that.
>>
>>82146972
They're just some sort of brotherhood of space pirates that raised Peter Quill.
>>
>>82147022

Yondou is still alive, he was filming Avengers Infinity War. Lol.
>>
>>82141562
Has anyone tried it?
When I was at Disneyland I went on the ToT like 5 times because the line was always so short.
Is this ride as good?
>>
>>82143140
These were some good points. I don't think i laughed at any of the jokes that you mentioned.
Nonetheless, i enjoyed the movie and thought most if it was pretty good
>>
>>82147040
>What is the Soul Stone

He's dead, but like Quicksilver, he'll be back for IW.
>>
>>82147106

Ok.Don't really care.
>>
>>82147040
Oh yeah I heard that, but that funeral scene where everyone came was good af.I'm always a sucker for scenes like that in movies though
>>
>>82142152
No, because everywhere you look there's a faggot preaching about the fucking MCU
>>
>>82138527
Has a slow start, I can't say I was a fan of the intro scene with just Groot dancing I feel like it was a bit long. Movie realy picked up though and I enjoyed in the end more than the first one.
>>
Me personally, I loved this movie.
>>
The fighting/flying scenes especially rockets were fucking great, best thing I've seen from a mcu movie yet. Visuals really were amazing.

Also quill going full Nova Prime at the end was unexpected but looked really well done actually, it didn't look awkward as it usually does when you have men flying around punching each other
>>
Cut most of the jokes and you have a decent enough movie. It cuts between emotional scenes to "haha funny" is no time at all. Dragged on for far too long.
>>
>>82146287
>yeah there were a lot of quips but i didn't mind in this for some reason, even the shit ones. I actually laughed at Drax repeatedly calling the Asian pixie ugly.
>Averagemoviegoer.jpg
>>
>>82145178
It was 13+ restricted in Vietnam but we took our 10 year old anyway. I imagine due to the genital and sex talk?
>>
seen it last night, the more drunk I got the more I enjoyed

it's a baby groot-fest, every time he showed up on screen all the ladies in the cinema started doing their
>awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

good soundtrack though

2/10, will pirate
>>
>>82147633
The airlock scene.
Nebula's bones breaking and reasserting themselves.
Ego rebuilding his body so he's a skeleton for over a minute.
>>
File: Vq4k1w6o.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Vq4k1w6o.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>82147613
What's so bad about that?
>>
>>82147733

not reddit enough
>>
>>82147733
Nothing, speaking purely in merchandising terms. Means the movie hit all the right buttons for the lowest common denominator. Doesn't make it a good movie, though certainly a successful one
>>
>>82143534
You sound autistic.
>>
I got my tickets from an Easter Egg, the poor company must be desperate cause cinema yesterday was deserted, I went into the room and we were 6 people.

>>82143252
Well I saw credited matte painters twice so I guess.

I liked the movie but I enjoyed the first one more, it felt like a movies suffering from Sequel disease or whatever.

>>82143140
It felt like the director/scriptwriter wanted you to laugh at people laughing, reminds me of this joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fOFZVpIh9k
>>
>>82147788

>majority of people like if
>minority don't
>minority are the correct ones

ok got it. movies that satisfy their target audience AREN'T good.
>>
File: 1492826920808.jpg (89KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492826920808.jpg
89KB, 960x960px
>>82147673
>>
I wish Mike and Jay would hurry up and tell me whether i liked this...
>>
The entire movie felt like an intro to a Final Fantasy game, except without pretty people...
>>
Why are people saying that this is worse than the first one when in reality it's the opposite?
>>
>>82140133

I didn't mind the quips, but the cheesiness of it all was pretty aggravating.
That garbage "intro" sequence.
All those shots obviously made for 3D.

It felt like a Disneyfied version of the already chessy MCU movies.

I think for that reason I liked most of the humor, it distracted me from the childish nonsense.

>>82140394
And this. Yeah, I almost teared up in some parts. That Cat Stevens song...
>>
>>82148190
Was wondering the same. I kept waiting for it to get bad and it never really happened. Some gags ran for too long and disrupted the more serious moments but that happened in the first movie and at least the second one has more emotion. Also the villain is actually interesting. You get a sense that he really feels like a man would feel among insects when he's finally getting a chance to meet other people after sacrificing said insects. It's fucked up but you can imagine an old god thinking in those terms.
>>
I didn't like the after credits scene, and well, there was too much quipping in general.
>>
>>82146777

Myself. This place is full of redditors and Disneyshills
>>
Wait, so Nebula leaves and Yondus second in command is the actual second new Guardian?

Do they make him an actual character?
>>
>>82138527
>More emotional than the first
>Maybe a bit many characters
>CGI hell after CGI hell
>Quips are sometimes childish

5/10
>>
>>82144038
Actually he did, to calm your Disney butthurt.
>>
>>82146100
It was actually.
>>
>>82146777
Checked, as well as your grammar, as it should be "whom."
>>
>>82138527
I want to take my mom to see this. She's seen most Marvel movies, including the first GotG.
What's the mindless action to story/char development ratio in this?
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.