[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KUNG FU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

KUNG FU IS THE PINNACLE OF CINEMA

ive seen p much every kung fu film available for download for free. What is your favorite Kino Fu? For me, it's the Holy Flame of the Martial World, the best Kung Fu film.
>>
Heroes of the East. Shaw Bros, Lau Kar Leung, Gordon Liu, and one of the greatest chopsocky plots of all time as far as excuses to have awesome fights are concerned. It's one of the rare old HK movies where you get to see Japanese styles in action alongside kung fu.

If you want to see some great swordplay choreography, though, try The Blade (Tsui Hark's frenetic remake of the classic One-Armed Swordsman) or John Woo's early wuxia flick Last Hurrah For Chivalry. They both have at least one scene guaranteed to make your jaw drop.
>>
File: fiveelementninjas.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fiveelementninjas.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>82134866
The Blades been in my backlog, I forgot about it. will def check out your recs.
>>
Duel to the Death is awesome, just in how creative it is with the use of ninjas. I'd also suggest Heaven & Hell by the Shaw Bros. It's equal parts fun, psychedelic and batshit insane.
>>
>>82134866

>Last Hurrah for Chivalry

Mah nigga. Sleeping Style Kung Fu is the strongest.
>>
Why did Hong Kong Action Cinema go to shit as soon as the Brits handed HK back to China?

Is it just the times? Hollywood is garbage too now. Or, did British influence and command somehow evoke greatness?
>>
>>82135306

Because once HK became China's bitch again, the mainland Chinese government strongarmed all of the formerly independent HK studios into following China's rules: pro-government (borderline jingoistic) messages, "crime doesn't pay" endings being shoehorned in, and strong anti-western sentiment. That's why directors like John Woo, Tsui Hark and Ringo Lam started doing movies outside of HK in the late 90's. They knew that their creativity would be stifled by the Chinese government, and for the most part they were right.
>>
File: buddhaspalm.gif (999KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
buddhaspalm.gif
999KB, 500x212px
>>82135258
The end fight of Duel to the Death is amazing. I love it when the movie ends immediately after the most ridiculous death possible.

>fun, psychedelic and batshit insane.
My favorite things, checking this as well.
>>
File: Drive_(1997_film).jpg (60KB, 336x433px) Image search: [Google]
Drive_(1997_film).jpg
60KB, 336x433px
>>82134682
"Drive", with Mark Dacascos. The bromance between Dacascos and Kareem Hardison is funny and touching, the characters are all memorable, the action is top-notch, and the final boss fight with Masaya Kato is jaw-droppingly good. One of the best B-movies ever.
>>
>>82136109
Haha, I have this on VHS
>>
>>82136109

The stun gun fight was a legit 10/10. A shame that cliffhanger ending will never get explored.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.