[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this a box office dud? It's better than three quarters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1504.jpg (76KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1504.jpg
76KB, 400x600px
Why was this a box office dud? It's better than three quarters of The Hobbit.
>>
>>82134271
three quarters of my stool is better than The Hobbit
>>
>>82134271
Because everyone insists on making game films well past their prime. If this was made in 2005-2008 during the WoW craze it would have done fine in America. It also had shit marketing and they just assumed that every WoW player would go see it because they put an ad on the launcher.
>>
The art direction was mediocre and it had a yellow piss filter for no reason.

Also, nobody cares about warcraft 1 and 2 stories.
>>
>>82134271
>Why was this a box office dud in the western world?
Because games like world of warcraft are associated with fat loser nerds in the western world by people who aren't into games, by people who are into games, and even by people who are into world of warcraft.

If it had been called something like Heroes of Azeroth, Stormwind, The Dark Portal it would've probably done better in the first two groups.
>>
>>82135448
Then it would have just been some no name fantasy film. Probably would have done worse.
>>
Why did they make it live action and then made the orcs 90% CGI anyway?
Except for female orcs, they just painted them green

durr
>>
>>82135381
first post best post.

if it was about arthas it would have made billions.
>>
>>82135554
Full CG past a PG rating never sells.
>>
>>82134271
I pirated it, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be
>>
>>82135483
normies are fine with fantasy adventure.
They're not fine with fat nerds.
>>
>>82134271
Because it tried to do and set too much stuff up, average audiences with no history weren't interested or forgot what they watched after leaving the theater
>>
>>82134271
Because they cut out 1/4 of the story (mostly the opening character introduction scenes). This is exactly what ruined BvS as well. I wish studios would just leave movies the fuck alone.
>>
Bad promotion? I didn't even know it came out.
>>
I totally believe people were paid off to write horrifically bad reviews for this, its just a 6 or 5/10 movie desu.
>>
>>82134271
All the humans looked like hobbits
>>
>>82136065
Same here. It was alright. Didn't like some of deviations from the instances in the games, but overall was a good adaptation.

It really did try too hard to be more than what it was, though.
>>
>>82134271
Bad pacing. They should've made it 3 or more hours length movie. I guess Johns intended to do so, but the producers ruined it as they always do.
>>
>>82134271
The plot is downright incomprehensible and the CGI is so poorly composited they might as well not have bothered.
>>
I hope they make a sequel for more qt khadgar :3
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.