[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Knick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
One episode in and this looks incredible. Does it go to shit after there first two episodes, or are people just unaware of it? Is it an age thing? Born in'74, and I've notice younger folks seem to eschew period dramas, even fantastic ones like Boardwalk Empire.

Just curious why /tv/ never talks about this. No spoilers please.
>>
>>82133567
>Just curious why /tv/ never talks about this

I too just saw Empire Strikes Back. I'm also wondering why /tv/ never talks about how Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.
>>
>>82133567
We generally do most of our talking about shows when they're airing, not after they get cancelled.
>>
>>82133567
I was also late to this, people are just unaware of it. Shame because if it were popular it wouldn't have been cancelled. Normies reee

Continue though, one of my top shows of all time. Someone took the time to do a blog on the history behind each episode and it made me appreciate it much more.
>>
>>82133567
>Just curious why /tv/ never talks about this

The season 2 finale aired 5 months ago, get with the program

The only thing to talk about now is how it got canned
>>
>>82133567
It's great. Hands down one of the best series to air the past few years. We talked about it plenty while it was airing.

Don't get your hopes up for a season 3 though
>>
>>82133978
>The only thing to talk about now is how it got canned
Yeah it felt really abrupt, whats the story there?
>>
>>82133978
>>82133626

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that I've been here a little longer than you nice folks. The show wasn't discussed when it was airing, either. That was kind of the gist of the OP. You kids are way too touchy...

>>82133724
Right? Seems amazing so far. Going to be a challenge not to finish both seasons in a day or two. Even if it falls off a little, it's already cracked my top 10 after two episodes.
>>
>>82134213
>After a critically acclaimed two-season run of The Knick on Cinemax, we will not be going forward with additional episodes of the series, Despite our pride in and affection for the series, as well as our respect for and gratitude towards Steven Soderbergh and his team, we have decided to return Cinemax to its original primetime series fare of high-octane action dramas, many of which will be internationally co-produced.
>>
>>82134240
>The show wasn't discussed when it was airing, either.
It was though.
>>
>>82134240
>I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that I've been here a little longer than you nice folks. The show wasn't discussed when it was airing, either.
lol you're so full of shit
>>
>>82134240
Yeah, it was discussed.

And you're kind of a faggot.
>>
>>82134253
damn, i knew that at best the season 3 with new cast and in different time period would be released only in few years, but now knowing it was cancelled hurts
that soundtrack was amazing
>>
Most amazing soundtrack for a TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDkN7xV3Xe4

Get Cliff Martinez for Westworld Season 2 please.
>>
>>82134213
third seaosn never took off. cinemax actually ordered it and was optimistic in what soderbergh was going to do. killing thack was always the plan and soderbergh wanted to open up for storylines and find a director. then he changed his mind and said he wanted to make them all. then the show rotted in development hell ever since until cinemax just gave up and officially cancelled itand decided not to make drama stuff anymore and go back to making more strike back and more "actiony" shows. i got nothing against cinemax though, they tried.
>>
>>82134602
Anyone who worked on The Knick would be wasted on that shitshow
>>
>>82134288
Christ on a crutch. Yes, it was talked about, but it wasn't as lauded as a lot of garbage here is.

I know there were threads about it, but they were made and populated about the same as Gotham or some similar shit. Shows like Black Sails and some e-celeb's YouTube channels dwarfed discussion about this show. I've made threads about Abel Ferrera's filmography and the movie Bad Dreams, so I suppose that's technically been discussed here too. Doesn't necessarily make that shit popular...

So allow me to clarify: yes, it was discussed. What (based on early impressions) seems to be one of a handful of legitimately excellent shows in the history of television WAS discussed almost 1/20th as much as Sam Hyde's cartoon.

Truce.
>>
>>82134847
Maybe season 1. I remember daily general threads while season 2 was airing though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.