[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come this movie hasn't been beaten yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: superbad-10530.jpg (70KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
superbad-10530.jpg
70KB, 500x289px
how come this movie hasn't been beaten yet?
>>
21 jumpstreet is a funnier in every way
>>
>>82131310
They captured lightning in a bottle with this movie. There will never be a better movie of this kind
>>
>>82131335
21 isn't even the best one of the two
>>
I liked this movie when it came out. I still think Jonah Hill's imaginary scenarios in the store were good.
>>
>10 years old

holy fuck
>>
because it's the most true to life representation of a 2000s high school dynamic on film and manages to be both relateable and hilarious
>>
File: superbad.jpg (279KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
superbad.jpg
279KB, 1024x768px
>>82131546
this, the opening convenient store scene was quality

https://youtu.be/D_D2s1nMbxA
>>
so were looking for an african jew
>>
>>82131335
reddit pls go
>>
>>82131310
Because Rogen and Goldberg created it from a place of honesty. You can tell Hill's character is what Rogen was like in high school. Awkward and annoying.

In every other movie Rogen makes, he gives himself a hot girlfriend and has to be the coolest funniest character in the room at any given time, which makes this the only one of their movies where the main characters are believably human.
>>
kino vulgarity
>>
I gotta catch a glimpse of these warlocks.
>>
>>82132133
Wasn't it written or at least more or less thought up while they were in high school?

Also goddamn Becca was infinitely hotter than Emma Stone.
>>
Other than the myspace reference, the movie isn't dated at all. Apatow's Knocked Up the year before has decade old songs and references Spiderman 3 before its even released.
>>
>all these kids are now grown adults

what the fuck Superbad just came out, it's still kind of a new movie!
>>
I just realized that Jonah Hill is a reincarnated, more successful but less talented version of Chris Penn.
>>
>>82131828
/thread

gets it right in all aspects, from the importance placed on just securing alcohol for one night to fucking a 7/10 girl you thought was a 10 at the time
>>
>well it was either that or Muhammad
>>
>>82132380
the myspace reference still kind of works because its still technically a thing and the guy who says it is an out of touch dork.
>>
>>82132445
Absolutely. That's the main reason why I love this movie - it's captures that so perfectly.
>>
>>82131335
NORMIE
>>
>>82132380
The myspace reference was dated even when the movie released. That was the point of the joke, retard.
>>
>>82132441

I didn't realize him and Sean Penn were brothers. Kinda funny how one was pretty cool and the other is a complete faggot
>>
>>82132380
>Spiderman 3

He didn't mention the controversial 15-minute scene of Peter ranting against the brown masses who were out to destroy the white race, did he?
Raimi was clearly unstable.
>>
>>82132535
Yeah, Chris Penn seemed like a total bro and he really deserved a better career, especially compared to his asshole brother.

>tfw the wrong brother died
>>
>>82131310
>Emma Stone Superbad era
We have to go back
>>
It's the perfect movie for people who were in high school from 2000-2009.
>>
>>82132633
Emma Stone in that and Zombieland was my high school crush
>>
>>82131310
>Reddit's essential comedies
>>
Dicks? Like a man dick?
>>
>>82131335
While the comedy aspect is debatable, one of the things that sets Superbad apart is that it has good aesthetic tone and it's a great bittersweet coming of age story. I also think it's quite a bit funnier too.
>>
>>82132740
favorite line, cera's delivery is perfect
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.