[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So they traveled all that way just to not go in the room? Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tarkovsky.jpg (498KB, 1772x1688px) Image search: [Google]
tarkovsky.jpg
498KB, 1772x1688px
So they traveled all that way just to not go in the room? Why?
>>
>>82120789
Is the Meat Grinder in the film?
>>
>>82120789

>Finished Stalker
>Finished Ivan's Childhood
>Finished Andrei Rublev
>Finished Mirror
>Finished Offret
>Finished Solaris

What else do I have left by this genius? Also the original books Stalker and Solaris based on are they worth checking out?
>>
>>82121029

Oh and Nostalghia finished that too
>>
>So they traveled all that way just to not go in the room? Why?
The characters themselves answer this. Pay better attention.

>Is the Meat Grinder in the film?
Yes.
>>
>>82120789
The movie is trash, go read the book.
>>
>>82121029
Has watching all his films changed your outlook on anything? I've only seen Ivan's Childhood and Stalker so I'm interested to see how powerful all his films are to someone.
>>
>>82121029
Yes, the books are worth it, but the English translations of Solaris I've found are pretty poor.
>>
LONDON

>>82121029
the STALKER games are pretty good
>>
>>82121214

I remember they had a very difficult time trying to even buy the rights to the Russian original of Solaris to translate so they went with the Polish version since it was easier to obtain. I guess it really fucks things in the translation I guess?
>>
>>82121327
Isn't Solaris originally Polish anyway? I think Stanislaw Lem was never happy with the translation and their doesn't seem to be an incentive to do another translation.
>>
Would Tarkovsky have made a decent Gits adaptation?
>>
This is very simple, basic philosophical (first principle). Somethings are, in and of itself (goals) and they cannot be means to an end because they are, pure actuality. They came to knew themselves through praxis of action and the result was, the birthing process: just like tree dies, when its life dies.

tl;dr it didn't matter what it was in the end the journey was the destination in itself
>>
>>82121029
Stanisław Lem is based beyond belief. I genuinely want to learn polish just so I can read it in the native language. Solaris is great, but neither adaptation really does the source material justice. Unfortunately all the english translations of solaris are kind of meh.
Check out the cyberiad and the futurological congress (goes beyond a mindfuck at the end).
>>
>>82121523
Yes. They were written and published in Polish.
Supposedly the french translation of Solaris is supposed to be better... Assuming you can read french.
>>
>>82121029
You will now go and watch Rossellini, Bergman, Antonioni, maybe a bit of Bresson & Dovzhenko and realize they were all better than Tarkovsky who tried to mime them.
>>
>>82121725
his movies are nothing like Rossellini, Antonioni, Bresson or Dovzhenko, only Sacrifice was inspired by Bergman. Stop talking.
>>
>>82120975
yes, but the is not a 1:1 adaption. it only takes the last 2 chapters as inspiration.
>>
>>82121580
probably the best. I would love to see his interpretation on the last fight against the spiderbot in the warehouse.
>>
>>82121063
I must admit that I viscerally hated Tarkovsky's "Nostalgia" and completely hated the use of Beethoven in it. I've seen it only once, but none of the Tarkovsky films that I have seen did I think are really good.
>>
>>82121725
>maybe a bit of Bresson & Dovzhenko

I'll take Talking Out of My Ass for $500
>>
>>82120789
they lived their lives just to die. why?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.