[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his actual endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: sauron.jpg (44KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
sauron.jpg
44KB, 800x453px
What would he have done if he conquered Middle Earth? Was he actually evil or is that just Gondorian propaganda?
>>
>>82115450
Cut taxes for corporations and deregulate the banks. He was pure evil!
>>
Reminder that Tolkien is incredibly bad at writing and really good at world building
>>
Literally torture everyone forever, I imagine. Maybe work on some scheme to attack the Undying Lands where the old Elves and Valar are chilling.
>>
File: pepedribble.jpg (6KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
pepedribble.jpg
6KB, 238x192px
Right, so all the elves have fled, men and dwarves are dead, the ents are all gone, Hobbits are extinct. Now what? Would orcs start the path of development? Wold there be orc call centres and uruk eateries if things had been different?
>>
>>82115766
Mfw not born an uruk
Mfw beta goblin
>>
>>82115724
But he'd get BTFO for a certainty if he tried this
Hell, in the books Eur himself intervened to finish him off
>>
>>82115604
Do you mean his actual prose or his plotting?
>>
File: ea.jpg (264KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ea.jpg
264KB, 2560x1920px
>>82115450
sauron was a tool of the primal evil of the one who opposed Eru Iluvatar (the One True Creator God). this guy, Melkor/Morgoth, was one of the elemental angels who chose to descend into creation but was jealous for his God's creative power. he literally tried to sing God to death when he was singing the world into existence, and God sung something which would become humanity.

anyways, Sauron was a good boy who was seduced by Morgoth and promised unending power yadda yadda. to be fair, a lot of Maiar (lesser angels, like Sauron) were seduced by Morgoth at first but then reconverted back to God's side by the wind and the sea.

to answer your question, Melkor (out of jealousy) began to despise light and creation, and convinced himself and his followers that "the void" hosted more power and beauty than anything God ever did. Sauron's endgame, as a pawn of Morgoth, would be ultimate edgy teenage nihilism.

>tl;dr Sauron was MKUltra'd by Satan and wanted to rule over everything in order to march all of existence into nothingness
>>
>>82115604
Guaranteed Replies (TM)
>>
>>82116031
Yes, but Sauron (and Morgoth before him) has a history of not knowing his limits and pushing his luck over and over until he gets his shit pushed in. Tolkein's evil is like a little brother that just keeps hitting and hitting despite constant warnings until finally the older sibling gets really annoyed and whacks 'em upside the head.
>>
>>82116070
>he literally tried to sing God to death when he was singing the world into existence, and God sung something which would become humanity.

Read it again, bro. Melkor sang some counter-melodies to disrupt the First Choir's music, but Eru wove Melkor's harmonic dissonance into his music for the world. Eru never sang.

>>82115450
Sauron was evil but he, like Melkor, didn't believe himself to be. He saw that the Arda the Maiar created was imperfect, and sought to create a perfect world using his own power. But that's the folly of Melkor and Sauron, only Eru can create a perfect imperfection, and any attempt to create real "perfection" results in corruption. Melkor tried to create more perfect Elves but ended up with Orcs, for example.
>>
>>82116792
i was trying to simplify, but i forgot that Eru didn't sing. i think i'm mixing it up with Aslan also singing the world into existence.
>>
>>82116031
Maybe, maybe not. Wasn't the only reason Illuvatar interfered because Numenor actually was strong enough to conquer Aman?
>>
>>82116839
Don't even think about confusing mythologies, dude!

But seriously, the Silmarillion is pretty dense so there's a lot of details that people miss.
>>
>>82116792
>Melkor tried to create more perfect Elves but ended up with Orcs, for example.
I ask again, why are LOTR threads filled with such total fucking bullshit? Even taking Tolkien's writing where Orcs were made from Elves, you just completely made up that they were Melkor's attempt to "create more perfect Elves."
>>
>>82116042

a little bit of both imo. he just had a really vivid imagination
>>
>>82115450
Opening his own jewelry store.
>>
>>82117924
Because it triggers you. Every thread you post shit and sometimes when you go "U KNOW NUFFING" you actually get BTFO by people replying to you with facts, at which point you stop replying.
>>
File: jokesonyou.jpg (213KB, 676x491px) Image search: [Google]
jokesonyou.jpg
213KB, 676x491px
>>82118076
Wow I'm really triggered good job.
>>
>>82117104
I'm talking about him knocking Gollum off the edge.
>>
>>82117965
>Tolkien's prose was incredibly bad
You see, making statements like that completely discredits any opinions on LOTR you may have. You don't like the story, the symbolism, the characters? Sure, fine. It's your opinion. You think the actual prose is bad? Now you just sound like a dumbass.
>>
File: 1487280443292.png (492KB, 630x708px) Image search: [Google]
1487280443292.png
492KB, 630x708px
>>82115450
>What was his actual endgame?
To be a cute.
>What would he have done if he conquered Middle Earth?
Do cute things.
>Was he actually evil or is that just Gondorian propaganda?
It's Valar propaganda. In fact they were just jelly they all couldn't be as sexy as him :3.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.