[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro channels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: 5.png (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
97KB, 600x600px
Why don't retro channels like MeTV ever air retro cartoons?
>>
>watching tv
faggot
>>
>>82100026
because MeTV is already comfy as fuuuuuck
>>
File: Nick_at_Nite_1985.png (303KB, 1141x900px) Image search: [Google]
Nick_at_Nite_1985.png
303KB, 1141x900px
It reminds me of what Nick at Nite used to be. What the fuck happened? Even TV Land became shit.
>>
>we want the over 60yo audience
I bet all the commercials are about contracts, including life insurance renegotiation
>>
>>82100345
>you have to be over 60 to enjoy good TV

Really fires up the neurons.
>>
>>82100366
Feel free to describe the actual commercials.

Tune in right now and do so, I dare you
>>
>>82100345
there's a fair amount of that especially reverse mortgages
lipozene makes a lot of appearances
>>
>>82100026
Because retro channels like MeTV are for grandparents and they don't like cartoons. They like westerns like Gunsmoke and wholesome family comedy like Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver

I just feel lucky they throw us a bone and show weirder stuff on Saturdays. Wonder Woman, Star Trek, and Svengoolie this week is Muster Go Home which I'm meh on, but next week is Ghidorah. Fuck yeah, more classic kaiju
>>
>>82100026
Because
>Pepe Lepew is considered a rapist by feminists.
>Speedy Gonzalez is offensive to Mexicans
>FogHorn LegHorn was reminding blacks of slavery.
SJW's is the reason they arent on TV anymore literally.
>>
>>82100345
>>82100445
>THinks good ol fashion wholesome television shows are only for 60 year olds or your grandparents

This is why most of our generation of today is lost.
>>
Laff is cool too
>>
>>82100026
children don't watch MetTV, so they have no reason to.
>>
>>82101241
>>82101241
Comet would be popular with /tv/ as well. I'm ashamed to say I enjoy a little Bounce too.
>>
>>82101326
>Bounce

What color are you?
>>
>>82101181
I admit I'm an old person even if I'm less than 30
>>
>that feel when I can remember before Adult Swim, when Cartoon Network used to play ToonHeads and Tex Avery all night
>>
Did you know that if you live in a major American city and disconnect the cable and run straight from antenna, there's like 50 channels and like half of them are as good as MeTV? Go on try it, it's true.

>t. guy who fixes shit in old people's houses
>>
>>82101702
pretty much this. A lot of the channels like MeTV exist as digital subchannels tacked on to the local FOX, NBC, etc. stations
>>
>>82100026
>dfw my show is on only once a week at fucking Sunday 1am
>>
THIS used to show inspector gadget

and some other old cartoons

Pro Stars, Action Man, Sabrina The Teenage Witch cartoon, Mona the Vampire
>>
>>82101702
The vast majority people don't know this for some reason
Broadcast networks are free and have always been so
>>
>>82100345
Those are a lot of the commercials, but the shows on MeTV are pretty good (Mama's Family is really the only one I despise). Especially those old Western serials, top-tier; sure they rehash stories, but the stories are all thematically relatible, and generally wholesome with good philosophical grey areas.
>>82101702
MeTV isn't just a cable network, you know. It's actually my most watched station right now and I've been over-the-air my entire life.
>>82101241
LAFF is great, Night Court is top-tier.
>>82101326
Bounce is actually pretty good for movies, they have a lot of decent 80s and 90s flicks.

Comet is fucking great, unfortunately for me it doesn't always come in so well (one thing I disliked about the digital switch for aerial broadcast, is poor signal is so much worse now; before with analog, a poor signal would just mean some fuzziness in the video and audio; with digital you get pixelation, and what's worse is the sound cutting out, annoying as fuck).
>>
>>82101702

No they suck

metv is the only good one
>>
>>82102244
Put antenna on the roof, dummy
>>
>>82102139
Because everyone got hooked on sucking cable's cock, and the sweet sweet flavor of regional monopoly jizz dribbling down their chin while they wait for the next load of the 24-hour news cycle to blow over their face.
>>
>>82102321
It is and it's pointing west-southwest, where the majority of broadcast towers in my region are. Unfortunately, the broadcast tower that handles Comet (and a few other channels), are a bit farther away, and south-east of my location. There is another broadcast tower to the northeast of me, which has some neat channels too (like Grit), but that one is also in a lower-lying area (it's main flagship channel more markets to the rural areas to the east and north). So it's more a matter of antenna pointing.

It doesn't help that I don't know what bands the broadcasts are in anymore; back in the day you knew what was UHF and what was VHF; I'm not sure what they are with the new digital broadcast; I know they were wanting to move TV bands off of one to make more room for wifi and other signals like that, but I'm not sure if I still need a VHF antenna at all. I would like to drop it if possible, as the VHF part on my antenna array is the biggest part of it, with splines stretching 10 feet or so, it's a pain in the fucking ass to tweak, the UHF part is so much more compact.
>>
>>82102244
>>82102695
Digital is a meme and is compete shit.
I'd rather have a fuzzy picture than pixelation and audio pops
>>
So what shows have any of you gotten into because of retro channels? As a needless and optional bonus please share your age.

Honey West is comfy af but, I'd be lying if I said the primary reason I watch it wasn't because of Anne Francis' stunning looks. Truly my retrowaifu.

Our Mrs. Brooks tends to make me laugh a lot and is probably my favorite of the shows I've recently discovered in the past few years.

Car 54 Where Are You isn't the funniest but it does have it's moments and it's usually enjoyable enough.

Not technically something I just got into since I used to watch it as a kid on Nick @ Nite but, I recently got into The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis again. Plebs see Bob Denver and think "It's Gilligan!" but, patricians know Maynard G. Krebs was the superior Bob Denver character.

I'm 33.
>>
http://www.titantv.com/Default.aspx?lineupid=d5ebc842-822d-4fd3-b2f2-061724bde96e

I get some good shit in my area
>>
>>82102932
>Maynard G. Krebs
The original NEET
>>
>>82100026
Give it 10 years. My mother watches the shit outta their M*A*S*H re-runs.
>>
I don't remember what channel it's on, but I feel super relaxed whenever I hear the Taxi theme come on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QJ8ijnNxM
>>
>>82103448
same

It's on MeTV I think
>>
>>82102868
Oh yeah I know, but it did have some upsides. Many more channels, and for awhile there aerial broadcast kicked the shit out of subscription services as far as image quality (as it took cable companies years to make 1080p standard). But yeah the signal threshold is so bad for digital; if you live on the fringes of a broadcast area, the conversion was more downside than upside.
>>
>>82101326
Comet reminds me of when Sci-Fi Channel was good. Weekends watching MST3k and classic and not so classic horror movies like Night Of The Creeps, Watchers, Day Of The Dead. Easily my favorite channel at the moment.
>>
>>82103636
Honestly, cable channels as a whole were so much better in the 90s and early 00s. Remember when A&E actually aired shakespeare productions?
>>
>>82103653
Or MTV2 when it was pretty much just music videos 24/7. Until they did some original programming but even then it was stuff like Wonder Showzen.
>>
>>82103712
Exactly. The only reason I had cable was for TCM and Adult Swim (but even that went to complete shit by 2011/2012) and stumbling upon the occassional movie or show that I end up liking
>>
>>82102244
>Comet is fucking great, unfortunately for me it doesn't always come in so well
They live stream for most of the day and night. I have used the stream myself because my channels are always screwing up.

http://www.comettv.com/watch-live/
>>
>>82100026
Not to hijack your thread but is there anyway to watch METV & Qubo & that shit with KODI? I live in the middle of the woods on a mountain (elev 8500) and no fucking antennas work here.
>>
>>82106544
I too would like to know this.
>>
>>82105297
kill yourself
>>
>>82106650
Why so triggered?
>>
>>82102932
>So what shows have any of you gotten into because of retro channels?

Hazel is truly funny for something that came out in the mid 1960s. I looked it up and Hazel was a very famous film actress of the early era but she took the show late in her career and totally carries it. (Best episode: Hazel and Mr. B bowling).

Also Rockford Files is fun as hell.

The Big Valley is Bonanza with better writing. Also it has peak Linda Evans-- yowza.
>>
>>82100195

This 100%
>>
File: 1492825360857.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492825360857.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
Salvation
>>
>>82102868
Same. The transition to digital completely killed my interest in TV due to signal dropouts. Analog was at least watchable when the signal wasn't strong enough for whatever reason.
>>
>>82106544
>I live in the middle of the woods on a mountain
That sounds cool as fuck
>>
>not patrician Cozy TV
>>
>>82100073
Eternal fpbp
>>
>>82100250
Normies stopped watching tv
>>
>>82111482

>they replaced Charlie's Angeles with Quincy

Dropped
>>
>>82106544
How do you get internet up their?
>>
>>82101678
Iktf. I miss those days

>>82102932
26, grew up watching these shows because of baby boomer parents

Andy Griffith Show
Get Smart
Bewitched
Mr. Ed
Dick Van Dyke Show

Honey Wets looks pretty good, I'll check it out. I could never get into the western shows but I've only had a casual interest in the genre
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.