[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently bought the Alien Anthology Blu-ray and Prometheus.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: weaver-ALIEN-ripleyface.jpg (468KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
weaver-ALIEN-ripleyface.jpg
468KB, 800x1000px
I recently bought the Alien Anthology Blu-ray and Prometheus. I plan on watching them all before Alien: Covenant comes out. But each movie has some sort of directors cut and i was wondering which version of each movie i should watch? I know already that i should watch the theatrical for Alien and the DC for Aliens but i'm not sure about the other two and as far as i'm aware Prometheus has no special edition.
>>
>>82078779
alien director cut
aliens director cut
alien 3 assembly cut
alien 4-> the only good scene are those where you can fap thinking about wynona

prometheus-> it's shit in any format
>>
>>82078837
This guy is wrong op
Alien theatrical, aliens special edition, alien3 assembly cut

Prometheus is kino
>>
>>82078837
the alien 3 assembly cut in particular is miles better than the theatrical version. it adds up to 40 minutes to the movie
>>
>>82078903
aside the error special edition- director's cut ( i mean the former)

why am i wrong? you miserable prometheusfag?
>>
File: alienshop.jpg (49KB, 481x349px) Image search: [Google]
alienshop.jpg
49KB, 481x349px
Don't fuck around, go full theatrical

Catch up with extended cuts later, all these films got it spot-on first time, that's why they're so popular

Except Resurrection which is just shit
>>
I don't remember Alien director's cut changing a lot, except for one scene that may end up feeling a little odd after seeing the other movies.

Aliens Special Edition adds some important dialogue that flesh out the characters and their motivations. But IMO some of the scene additions end up hurting the suspense/pacing of the story.

Alien 3 is a weird one. The theatrical cut and assembly cut are almost two different movies. Most of the time I hear people preferring assembly cut, but I personally have a soft spot for theatrical cut (I disliked the movie when I first saw it though, and I grew to like it much later).

Alien 4: again, I don't remember the extended version changing much. But this movie sucks and I haven't watched it in a long time; it's possible I may have forgotten stuff.

So basically if I were you, I think I'd just watch the theatrical cuts, and then go for the special editions/director's cuts after that. In my opinion both are worth seeing, at least in the case of movies 2 and 3 (it's not as important with the other two).
>>
>>82078954
If the 40 new minutes are anything like the rest of the movie it might not be a good thing.
>>
>>82078837
>alien director cut

kys
>>
>>82078779
Aliens directors cut shows the story of what happened to the colony and shows the auto gun scene which I loved.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.