[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty's Cleverness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Anatomy_Park_42.png (3MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Anatomy_Park_42.png
3MB, 1920x1088px
Why the fuck does Rick and Morty have a reputation for being smart? Just because it's sci-fi? It's no "smarter" than Futurama, both shows feature technology totally indistinguishable from magic and are full of plotholes and logical inconsistencies. This isn't bad, I like Rick and Morty but I'm just genuinely perplexed as to how it has gotten this "thinking man's crude adult cartoon" reputation. The only thing in the show that strikes me as exceptionally clever was the episode Rixty Minutes, but that was just clever in a writing/direction sense, not a scientific one.
>>
>>82073486
You got Futurama wrong, that show is about how, no matter what, US will dominate the world and no one will do anything about it, also, about the nature of human spieces.

People think it's clever because it's funny, yes, people are retarded, just see how a Nolan film is worshipped even if it's the laziest writing possible

Btw, I also think Rick and Morty is good, as a comedy
>>
>>82073664
I didn't get Futurama wrong in what I said about, obviously that isn't all that there is to it though. I think Futurama is probably smarter than Rick and Morty, it's emotional scenes definitely actually work whereas Rick and Morty's fall pretty flat.
>>
>>82073709
I think emotional scenes work better in Futurama because the show prepares you for that, take, as an example, the dog Fry used to have, that scenes because the show prepared you to look into a future without caring about the past, and when you look in the past, you see that, despite having a shitty life, Fry had reasons to not hate the world.
IN Rick and Morty, an emotional scene is set through the comedy and the absurd sci-fi, (S2E10 spoiler), the reason why Rick's turning himself in is empotional is because, due to all he did, and due to casualty that bird-person is marrying, Rick's fucked up, we don't feel empotional because he's lefting Morty or his family, we feel emotional because his plan failed, his sci-fi failed, his comedy failed.

At least that's how I see it
>>
File: 1454791794958.jpg (238KB, 1337x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1454791794958.jpg
238KB, 1337x1289px
The only people who think Rick and Morty is smart are the ones who want to complain about people calling it smart. Literally never hear this crigey statement from anyone else. It's just a good cartoon with dark undertones.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_200826.jpg (78KB, 540x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_200826.jpg
78KB, 540x513px
>>82074358
>nobody actually calls it smart
>>
>>82073486
because the premise of Rick's character is that he is the smartest being in the universe, and he's written as having this apathetic aloof above-everything personality that idiots misconstrue for meaning the show is 'intelligent' when actually it's just a good comedy about a mad scientist
>>
>>82075913
This is what I feel a lot of people, including /tv/ misunderstand. All the stuff like "BURP gods not real morty, love is just a chemical reaction" isn't meant to be praising atheism/nihilism. Rick is portrayed as a depressed, sack of shit who's grown so detached that he borders on insanity.
>>
Rick is basically Sherlock Holmes/House. He's too good for this world and it makes him an unlikable asshole but you have to keep him around because no one else can do what he can.
>>
File: devil.png (265KB, 698x399px) Image search: [Google]
devil.png
265KB, 698x399px
theres no god but theres a devil?
>>
File: 12315.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12315.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Season 3 episode 1 starts with Rick implying the prison break scene was offscreened followed by him fucking the simulation by telling a weakminded character a command he should not be able to conclude but does so anyway. It's not smart but loves to draw logic strings.
>>
>>82076362
the joke is that that means there is a god but that Rick is a conceited selfish prick and it's more convenient for him if he acts like there's no god
>>
>>82076362
>there's no God
>Rick prays to God in S2E1 when he knows his death is certain.
>>
>>82076362
I'm actually christian so don't bother replying with a fedora meme but in the context of Rick and Morty, the existence of "The Devil" is not as hard to believe as a god. Satan hardly actually does anything at all while God is omnipotent and can do anything at any time. Satan has to do weird gay shit like turn into a snake and try to trick people into doing what he wants.

also these
>>82076447
>>82076453
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.