[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it kino, /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: alexander.jpg (45KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
alexander.jpg
45KB, 500x283px
Was it kino, /tv/?
>>
No.
>>
>>82072198
I liked it.
>>
>>82072242
You're going to have to explain yourself, fag.
>>
The final cut is alright. Battle scenes and some of the scenes with Philip are pretty kino. It still relies too much on narration to drive the story forwards which is just bad craftmanship and makes the movie really dull at times. 7/10
>>
>>82072198
Yes. Why do people hate it?
>>
File: lax-blue-thong.jpg (148KB, 736x1274px) Image search: [Google]
lax-blue-thong.jpg
148KB, 736x1274px
It was fucking awesome. Best movie about Alexander the Great and the only other version is something that was made way back in 1956, so why can't we have more sweeping historical epics with lots of action and hot chicks like Angelina Jolie and Rosario Dawson and nice bright colors instead of yet another film about some faggoty-ass superhero like Spiderman or Batman (fucking guilt-ridden crybaby) or even The Avengers where half a city gets destroyed but it doesn't affect the stock market and Scarlett Johansson gets thrown around but her skin-tight costume is never accidentally ripped off to reveal her semi-decent naked body and everything is in shades of orange and teal like no other colors exist not to mention going to see a non-superhero movie to get away from that trend and finding that some faggoty-ass modern director has filmed everything in shades of blue and gray just to give the movie a grim and dreary look. Fuck that shit. I hope Chloe Moretz does a nude scene in her next movie so we can see what her ass looks like under those leggings she likes to wear. And why hasn't Paco been deported yet?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (62KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
62KB, 500x660px
>>82072198

homolustkino, yes
>>
>>82072198
The directors cut is pretty good, and some of the choices like portraying the more rustic Macedonians as Irish and Anthony Hopkins/ old Ptolemy as a framing device are a good idea. Fuck knows what Angelina Jolie thought she was doing though.
>>
>>82073474
It's a shame what happened to movies like Alexander, Gladiator, and Troy. These movies were pure kino, and yet Hollywood threw the 'historical epic' genre under the bus and replaced it with the safer and easier 'capeshit' franchise films.

Not even TV was safe. Think of how quickly HBO screwed over Rome and replaced it with pleb-tier shit.

If it wasn't for capeshit, we would probably have seen a Punic Wars film trilogy or TV miniseries by now. Even a Gallic Wars series would have been metal as fuck.
>>
File: 1492450646167.gif (848KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1492450646167.gif
848KB, 665x662px
>>82074059

>Not even TV was safe. Think of how quickly HBO screwed over Rome and replaced it with pleb-tier shit

STOP, STOP MENTIONING THIS I GET SO FUCKING IRRATIONALLY ANGRY EVERY TIME I REMEMBER THEY CANCELLED TIME
>>
>>82074059
Weren't they all expensive bombs apart from Gladiator?
>>
>>82074124

Troy made like $300 million

Alexander I think like broke even
>>
>>82074124
Alexander was the only bomb.
Troy and Gladiator were successful.

HBO lied about Rome. They claimed that it didn't have enough viewership and success to justify a third season, but the DVD sales proved otherwise. The series was, in fact, quite popular and successful during its run time. The real reason why HBO canceled Rome was because of new management. New management means new politics, direction, and vision for the studio.
>>
All I remember from that film is the disgusting sex scene between the black bitch and Colin.
>>
>>82072198
Battles great. Music great. Approach great. Acting mediocre. Costumes great. Angelina ruined film. Val Kilmer as Philip - who are kidding we? Not kino. Sometimes good.
>>
>>82074291
At least Rome had reached a good ending stage. The Principate would have made for pretty boring viewing. One thing I'm sad well never get is a Rome like show on the early diadochi.
>>
>>82074592
> One thing I'm sad well never get is a Rome like show on the early diadochi.
That, or the Punic Wars.

It's a crime that there hasn't been a TV miniseries or film series on the Punic Wars.
>>
>>82074650
At least it spares us the inevitable arguments over why Hannibal should totally be black because Africa.
>>
>>82074910
Imagine the dilemma of writing a Hannibal TV series today.

>Punic Wars
>Rome vs Carthage
>Hannibal is Carthaginian
>Carthage is in africa
>Hannibal is now cast as black because its the current year
>Scipio is a white Roman
>Scipio defeats black Hannibal and wins the war

Now you just enraged every single SJW and virtue-signaling cunt out there because you shoehorned a black man into your historical epic, only for your WE WUZ KANGZ character to get BTFOd by a white man.

So in order to avoid this dilemma, the writers would have to write everyone as black, or do the opposite and write everyone as white, which is obviously not going to fly either.

Fuck, I hate what politics has done to media.
>>
>>82075439
scipio would also be black because his name is scipio africanus

thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OankX_bMnus
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.