[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this movie supposed to be pro-racism or anti-racism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: smilingnazi.jpg (16KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
smilingnazi.jpg
16KB, 640x358px
Was this movie supposed to be pro-racism or anti-racism?
>>
>>82068919
Are you retarded?
>>
>>82068926
Well faggot, we see Derek wanting to leave behind the Neo-Nazi world but then at the end a nigger kills his bro for no reason
>>
It's not either. It's anti-hate. Derek becomes a racist because his dad gets proven right and dies. The black kids are filled with a sense of entitlement and anger due to their inferiority complex and the white kids are tired of seeing their neighborhood turn to shit and vent at everything that does not look like them.

Ending racism is a two-way street. Both sides have to be willing to give it up. The black kids aren't, so the cycle of hatred repeats.
>>
>>82069045
Doesn't it just make the audience hate niggers though?
>>
>>82069081
Sure, if the audience are brainlets
>>
>>82069088
Is that some kind of new lingo for "not niggers"?
>>
>>82069096
I see through your lies kike
>>
>>82068919

the movie doesn't take a stand, it's open to interpretation by the viewer, the movie serves as a catalyst for discussion, not as a platform for a point of view
>>
File: 34356456453.png (360KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
34356456453.png
360KB, 384x384px
>when you open a thread expecting movie discussion but it's just a /pol/ kid venting about """""""""""niggers"""""""""""
>>
>>82069153
t. Nigger
>>
Danny sledgehammers you over the head with the moral at the end.

"Life's too short to be pissed off all the time."

Or, if you want another takeaway line...

"Has anything I've done made my life any better?"
>>
>>82068919
The moral of the story is : you're right to hate niggers because they are subhuman but hate will not make you happy.
You have to choose : living with truth but hatred or living with hapiness with ignorance
>>
>>82069295
this
it just says racism won't make you happy
>>
>>82068919

>Right turn only
Wo...this...symbolism..I...need a moment..wow...
>>
>right turn only sign
pottery
>>
>>82068919

It's unclear as it was a confused mess of a film with fucked up editing
>>
>>82068919
It was supposed to end with the pavement payload man shaving his head again, thereby demonstrating that hate is an endless cycle but the main actor refused to do it because he was worried that it'd seem racist so the movie wound up with a confusing half message.
>>
>>82069385
this
>>
>>82069639
maybe the studio shouldn't have let ed norton edit it
>>
>>82069202
>"Has anything I've done made my life any better?"
yes, but if he and his brother had kept their racist ways, maybe his brother would not have died in the end
>>
>>82069843
That's not even close to what was being said. He got his brother out of the skinhead stuff because he knew it would fuck him up for life. He was trying to save his life in getting him out. He probably would've gotten shot by the black kid in either scenario.
>>
>>82069828
He's a great actor but hard to work with, why do you think the mcu replaced him with that sjw faggot mark ruffalo?
>>
Anti-racist but VERY ignorant of the history of skinheads and the subculture!
>>
>>82068919
The filmmaker said it wasn't about pro or anti, but more about the apperent inablity to solve racism/hate between groups.
>>
>>82069903
Skinhead =/= culture
>literally the niggers of 'whites'
>>
>>82069153
>expecting movie discussion

nu-fag
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.