[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU'RE WATCHING WESTWORLD, THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: timthumb.png (269KB, 650x318px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.png
269KB, 650x318px
YOU'RE WATCHING WESTWORLD, THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION!
>>
We don't like that cuck
>>
File: 80123745190835715.png (61KB, 598x474px) Image search: [Google]
80123745190835715.png
61KB, 598x474px
>>82045855
>we
>>
TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL
>>
>>82045821
Maeve's plot is annoying and so is the young corporate black woman but I like it over all. The parallels to NPC characters in a video game are underrated.
>>
File: S3uJ9MX.png (809KB, 1427x915px) Image search: [Google]
S3uJ9MX.png
809KB, 1427x915px
>>82046084
I thought the NPC parallels were all over the place.
>characters who say "they're LITERALLY fucking robots" are portrayed as evil psychopath dickheads
>William is treated as a hero for falling in love with Dolores, even though she's LITERALLY an NPC
William is pic related.

I can see what the show was going for and how it wanted to explore the humanity of androids, but it seemed kind of blind as to why normal people wouldn't consider the androids to be human.

I may be biased though since I thought the show was a flaming pile of dog shit apart from Ed Harris and Hopkins.
>>
>>82045984
I really really like this picture
>>
this guy isn't funny. the T&E flavor of humor stopped being cool years ago
>>
>>82045821
Honestly, it did find it relatively enjoyable (enough to force myself to the end), but jesus, man. What bothered me the most was that the writers wrote "for the audience" not for the "characters and the world", if you know what I'm trying to say. All these twists and turns, revelations and shit. It's all for the shock element, it's for the viewer. Game of Thrones does that shit far too much as well. Makes everything so much more pulpy. It also makes me feel dumb.

And those people in the basement who fix robots after they are killed. Who the hell wrote this? Who the fuck thought they would be comedic or, hell, even taken seriously? Who the hell wrote that "writer" character" Who the hell wrote that "negro corporate bitch" character? (Dunno the names, because they were all so bad and forgettable)

I'm honestly not even surprised that J. J. and younger Nolan were involved.

Also, decent performances (Hopkins, Harris, Wright) are saving this show A LOT. Too bad the main and most important character is an eye candy.
>>
this show was really fucking boring after the first episode
>>
>>82045821
I don't know man, there's barely any niggers in it, it might be just fine.
>>
>>82046441
>why normal people wouldn't consider the androids to be human.
Because they're not supposed to remember, nothing is supposed to be permanent. Sentient robots aren't supposed to exist yet. One of the biggest draws of video games is being able to quicksave and go wild.
But NPCs aren't supposed to feel ether. One of the criticisms of GTA4 when it first came out was it's too real. For most going on a killing spree isn't as fun when the NPCs are screaming in terror.

While not the best writing it still provides interesting ideas.
>>
>>82047156
It doesn't explore those ideas though, just picks a side and sticks with it. You're telling me people are literally psychopaths for killing NPCs in GTA4? Because the show liked to portray those people as such.
>>
>>82047726
For the most part they're just desensitized. Sure William's friend is an asshole but I think the man in black explained himself pretty well. He was in the park for so long that he's seen all the personalities and plots. Being horrible is the only way to see something new.

Jenny Nicholson made a good point about the androids. "Why program them to feel real fear and pain when they could have programed them as masterful actors pretending?"
>>
OH I'M SAYING IT
>>
Turn that poop

Into wine
>>
File: 1475274155301.jpg (8KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
1475274155301.jpg
8KB, 244x244px
>tfw dropped the show 42 minutes into the last episode

I lasted so long but the retardation of the last episode was too much.
>the dude raping the spanish android guy
>the M Night Shamalamadingdong tier twist (William was the man in black)
>i'm not crying for myself... I'm crying for you

Also I've never predicted this much dialogue in a show, ever. Most cliche writing and dialogue ever.
>>
>>82045855
speak for yourself faggot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.