[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sucker Punch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: sucker punch.jpg (469KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
sucker punch.jpg
469KB, 1920x1440px
Is it deeper than you remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXir4Pu0f0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7w5fWLfPI
>>
>>82039824
your picture triggers me
>>
>>82039824
It was my first encounter with Snyder shakeycam, and it made me want to barf, and not metaphorically. Ironically, everything but the action sequences was a really good movie, and the action wrecked it.
>>
I'm in the camp that saw Sucker Punch & immediately decided Snyder was a creep & haven't watched since.
>>
Absolutely horrid movie

One of the worst in a long time
>>
File: 03[1].jpg (25KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
03[1].jpg
25KB, 480x238px
extended cut is kino
>>
>>82039824
does the girl have any sex scenes

what a qt
>>
I thought it was pretty good, and I'll definitely never understand why it's considered ideologically vile by some people whereas Joss Whedon's brand of "Petite Women Kicking Ass is Feminism" is unimpeachable.
>>
>>82041404
yes. metaphorical sex scenes.
>>
>>82039824
No, it's trash.
>>
>>82041508
possibly because that's a false equivalency that only seems valid due to how reductive it is.
>>
Great more autistic Snyder apologists. I fucking hate this board.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 229x220px
>>82041691
>>
>>82041777
No one is forcing you to stay here Mr. Reddit
>>
No, and I won't open the links. Saw it once and it was horrible. I think the premise could be done well but it fucking wasn't.
>>
>>82041508
Because the larger fantasy scenes had nothing to do with what was going on in the real world.

As far as the ideas behind the mental asylum and the dance studio, that was all fine and dandy. But Snyder went and acted retarded with the mega action scenes which did look kinda neat, but without it relating to the real world it just had no weight.

The entire movie really depended on those mega fantasy sequences being entertaining so the failure to make them work really helped solidify Snyder's reputation as a shitty writer even if he is fantastic about directing action scenes.
>>
>>82042571
the action sequences are weak in context and out of context though. and even when there are some stakes behind the action sequences, snyder's direction falls flat.
>>
>>82039824
Oh boy, video titles in all caps. Guess I was wrong about this film, it's a fucking 100/10 uberkino classik
>>
>>82042716
Your reasoning is off but your conclusion is correct.
>>
>>82039824
It was a great movie about female empowerment. If it was released today the left would be praising it and it would probably win an oscar
>>
>>82042630
True, which was my mangled point I was trying for.

The basic story and how it was directed was great, but the action sequences meandering and having nothing to do with reality (like having enemies being metaphors for something they're facing) made it so none of it mattered to audiences.

But it looked cool. All of it looked really really neat. Which is where the direction came in and did well.

What Snyder sucked ass at was the writing since everything came across as an excuse to get to one of the action scenes and he couldn't be bothered to come up with reasons for anything he put in.
>>
its about mind control
https://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/sucker-punch-or-how-to-make-monarch-mind-control-sexy-7-2/
>>
Making an awkward, tacky, uncomfortable shit-flick isn't excusable because you were doing it "ironically".

Everyone got the metaphor, it's just that the metaphor was crass and poorly executed.
>>
>>82043086
>But it looked cool
I say the action sequences were trying way too hard to look cool, thus ending up being the opposite. Which is basically everything snyder has done so far.
>>
>>82043405
I try making a point to not connect directing with writing or editing.
>>
>>82039824
DUDE RAPE ANALOGY LMAO
>>
>>82041508
It's considered ideologically vile because it was marketed as a series of fun inter-dimensional action sequences with sexy women, and whilst the sequences themselves are played like enjoyable Hollywood blockbuster scenes the actual film is fundamentally driven by distasteful scenes featuring the rape, imprisonment and abuse of said sexy women, implying that the abusive stuff is appropriate for a fun PG-13 action flick.

In short, if Snyder was looking to make a harrowing allegory for how much nerd media exploits women then he shouldn't have had so much fun making the sexy fantasy sequences.
>>
>>82039824
>implying I remember it
>>
>>82043311
I was going to post this. Glad someone beat me to it.
>>
>>82039824
Amazing jerk off material but nothing else
>>
Man, I remember being excited for a Snyder movie after 300 and Watchmen.Sucker Punch was a such a huge disappointment for me. How can one director be that much of a hack?
>>
>>82044902
i dont follow your logic, 300 and watchmen made you hyped for his next movie but then you realized that he is a big hack? does that mean you dont like 300 and watchmen anymore?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.