[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

Why the fuck was this so successful and well liked???

I don't understand why a fucking 2hour car chase was lauded as great cinema.

Fucking shit plot.

Half the shit unexplained.

Like what the fuck are the warboys even supposed to be? Zombies?

Waste of my life
>>
Choke to death on your own stupidity
>>
Beacuse people are faggots.
The movie was shit on every level.
>>
File: 1480620425908.jpg (108KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480620425908.jpg
108KB, 900x900px
>>82037032
>Why was it liked and successful
The action
>2 hour car chase lauded as great cinema
it was done with almost entirely practical effects, many films arent done with this amount of care and dedication
>Shit plot, half unexplained
No one watches mad max for the plot
>Were the warboys supposed to be zombies?
No they were a tribe of warriors obsessed with Joe and cars the one thing they did explain the movie

5/10 bait OP, you got me to reply
>>
>>82037032
>he thinks films are about plot

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>82037032
t. woman
>>
>>82037154
>it was done with almost entirely practical effects
It still managed to like a cartoon movie.
PS cirque du soleil sucks
>>
It was fine but it was still definitely Nu-Mad Max
>>
It was a better blockbuster than anything Disney has ever done
>>
>>82037288
Disney hasn't done anything good in 30 years, why do you bring it up?
>>
>>82037268
Want to try again in english?
>>
>>82037324
Too many shills man, I'm getting paranoid
>>
>>82037199
>just turn your brain off bro
>let's go watch the new marvel flick
>>
>>82037032
The worst of the Mad Max films. But, I liked it.
>>
>>82037032
Good job op. You got all the nu-males rile up. Hell, just look at this gigantic shill faggot:>>82037154
>>
File: 1490261225261.png (428KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490261225261.png
428KB, 640x480px
>>82037434
I just like watching cars blow up faggot
>>
>>82037032
I don't know exactly how to explain what separates a good action film from a bad one. It has something to do with the way the director clearly defines the space & physics, then plays by the rules. When it's done right, it really hooks into your adrenaline, you put yourself in the character's situation, pay attention to all the details, and try to figure out a way to survive it.

This was a really good one. The fact that they did most of the car stunts for real goes a long way, you really felt the weight & impact of each crash. But it's also about the way you could always keep track of how fast they were going, how much distance between them and the people chasing them, etc. It was constantly tense & suspenseful, the whole movie engages you on a physical level.

Other examples of movies that made me feel like this: Green Room, The Raid, Duel, Assault on Precinct 13, etc.

Bad action movies constantly break the rules of physics for the sake of plot. You never really "feel" for the characters in the same way, because they can make a car fly if they have to, or take 15 people on in hand-to-hand combat, bullets just won't seem to hit them even if they're right out in the open, etc etc.

This sounds really basic, and it is. I'm not claiming any special "highbrow" intellectual cred for Fury Road. I'm just saying it was a solid, ambitious action film that did pretty much everything right
>>
I didn't like it either. The cgi scenes were somewhat cool but not enough to save it desu. I hate action films in general though and only watched it because of the good reviews
>>
>>82037032
Appeals to the libertarian market
>>
>>82037509
>muh real stunts
The original Mad Max had real stunts and cars. Reddit Road had cgi-enhanced stunts performed by acrobats on safe built-for-the-occasion contraptions that resembled cars. All dipped in yellow and flare.
>>
>>82037032
It wasn't very successful, though. It only made 378 million and had a 150 million production budget.
>>
>>82037813
there aren't that many numales in China
>>
>>82037032
Another thing. wtf was the chrome shit they spray.

Not explained. Not even fucking basic exposition. hacks
>>
>>82037032
Man it must really suck to have to talk shit about everything that's new, because it's new

inb4 this movie is X years old, I know you just got out of highschool and a year feels like forever but a good... okay maybe not good, but a portion of us didn't
>>
>>82037032
Well, OP. You've learned something today, you've learned that people have different opinions to you.
>>
>>82038134
>wanting movies to have exposition explaining background fluff
>>
>>82037779
>anon tries to pretend he knows how movies are made

<3
>>
File: 1377292383591.jpg (52KB, 639x803px) Image search: [Google]
1377292383591.jpg
52KB, 639x803px
If you dont like this you support muh-sohny
>>
>>82037066
says the nigger who liked a film that is the literal definition of 'just turn your brain off bro XD'

Now fuck you and your small-minded kind. I'm a doctor you fucking inbred fuck. What have you ever accomplished in your tiny miserable life that will ever compare to the work that i do day in and day out. Fucking answer me cocksucker.

I am part of the elite 99% of people who have an intellect above the rest of the population and use it to great effect to treat the trash and human scum that wander into the hospital. Fucking gormless worthless sacks of shit the lot of you.

The reason we wash our fucking hands between patients is because of our urge to rid ourselves of the filth that is the ignorance and misinformed mindlessness of the general population.

Go fuck yourself and die you shit.
>>
>>82038574
kek.
>>
I would've liked this movie 100x more if it was real to the Mad Max character and world. Not making women thinking women can be 'cool'. I want a bad ass max pissed off fighting the world with PTSD driving the magnum opus. Not an ugly bitch with one arm
>>
Why the fuck

Do you have to type

Like a cocksucker?

Can you clean the cum out your mouth?

Or you're just chocking on hobo cock?

Autism
>>
Yeh I didn't like it either

Once you've seen 5 minutes of action you've seen the whole film

And they spend like two hours going one way just to turn all the way back
>>
>>82038692
>ugly bitch
You forgot to say no-homo
>>
>>82037032
>muh plot
>>
>>82038574
>I am part of the elite 99% of people
I believe you
>>
File: 24985057.jpg (125KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
24985057.jpg
125KB, 400x400px
>>82038722
>projecting this hard

hows that cock taste m8?
>>
>>82037032
Because it has flawless execution in almost all filmmaking elements.

Top notch editing, framing and composition, production design, choreography, soundtrack, sound design, blocking, visual effects, costume design everything.
It's one of the best action films in years.
>>
>>82038835
better than black seed
>>
>>82037032
>>82038722
Hes using reddit spacing, like;
>>82038727
>>
>>82037032
nice reddit spacing
>>
>>82038852
>forgets to mention plot

I guess that's not important or anything. Who needs the most necessary element in film anyway. Not me! :)
>>
>>82038134
They were imitating their leader's chrome mask thing. You blind?
>>
>>82038891
yeah, spaced to perfection, just like your mum spaced her legs open for my black cock last night white boi
>>
Simpler is often better.

I honestly wish more movies would follow that approach than trying to bog things down with over complicated twists and subplots.

For an action movie, I must want straight forward excitement - and Fury Road had that in spades.
>>
>>82038920
>most necessary element in a visual medium

They are all equally valuable, also you can make a good movie with no plot (Fury Road, Sicario, The Revenant as recent examples) where you simply can't make a good movie just with a "good" plot and bad everything else
>>
>>82038920

Plot is for books. The most necessary component to film is the visuals if you don't understand this you probably belong on this board because you don't know a goddamn thing about film.
>>
>>82038134
I was under the impression that Warboys were basically robots who would throw themselves into an open flame to die in glory for their leader, and the spray had two parts to it: 1) it would make them high so doing whatever they were going to do was easier, and 2) it built upon their obsession with "shiny and chrome" and how they would enter Valhalla.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.