[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which is it BIll?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1953.png (513KB, 496x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1953.png
513KB, 496x369px
So which is it BIll?
>>
You're telling me he current viewpoint contradicts one he expressed in a show twenty years ago? What a hypocrite!
>>
>ignoring the science of feelings
lmao OP BTFO
/thread
>>
>inb4 300 replies
billposting is the hottest meme
>>
>>82032859
that was before we discovered the science of feelings op.
>>
>>82032927
I guess chromosomes change over time.
>>
>>82032927
No. The point is his show and his entire persona was based on science, it's in his fucking name. There's nothing scientific about transgenderism and singing about there being 13 genders. Science says there are two. It's straight shilling.
>>
File: SmugGregg.png (485KB, 667x472px) Image search: [Google]
SmugGregg.png
485KB, 667x472px
>>82032988
>mfw wake up and make a billpost then fuck off for the day never reading any of the replies
>>
>>82032927
seriously guys, we've evolved since then. haven't you heard of the theory of evolution?
>>
>>82032927

You're right. The structure and purpose of the Human Chromosome has completely and entirely changed over the course of less than two decades.
>>
>>82032994

>There's nothing scientific about transgenderism and singing about there being 13 genders. Science says there are two. It's straight shilling.

Close, but not quite.
Science says there are two SEXES.

However, this is still generally the same thing since "gender" doesn't exist in any physical capacity and is a completely made-up concept when discussed as anything other than a direct result of biological sex.

The problem is that they're claiming there's 10, 20, 40 different "genders", while also claiming "gender" is a real, actual thing. Things that are real typically aren't made up on the whims of crazed Tumblrinas.
>>
>>82032988
billposting reached saturation within like 3 days
this meme will be around for 2 weeks tops
>>
>>82032993
>>82032994
Gender theory was founded by a psychiatrist, it's intrinsically unscientific.
The point is, there can be as many genders as you want there to be because it's not a "real" thing like sex is, so insisting that there are exactly two of them is silly.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 552x810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 552x810px
what went wrong?
>>
What is even the tumblr-tard definition of "gender"? What does it mean?
>>
>>82033166

>Gender theory was founded by a psychiatrist

A Psychologist, actually. Something even less scientific.

He was also a child-molesting nut-case that suffered from legit paranoid delusions.

Can't make shit like this up.
>>
Was this a series of episodes were these "facts" are mentioned every so often, or was it one episode crammed with all this?
>>
>>82033186
We have a word for that, Bill. It's called normal
>>
Actual lyrics:
>Versatile love may have some butt stuff
>It's evolution ain't nothing new

Fucking someone in the ass is evolution. Bill Nye the Science Guy is now saying fucking a man's ass is evolution of the human species. He should be drawn and quartered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
@0:50
>>
>>82033186

Has Bill addressed this with some sort of faggy backpedaling on Twitter yet?

I can see it now:
"SCIENCE AND THE DEFINITIONS IT USES HAS CHANGED SINCE THEN YOU FUCKING BIGOTED ALT-RIGHTERS"
>>
>race doesn't exist, it's a social construct you retards!
>gender does exist, it's literally a social construct you retards!

What the fuck?
>>
>>82033166
Not that I support multiple-genders, but since when is psychiatry not scientific?
>>
>>82033202

>What is even the tumblr-tard definition of "gender"?

They legit don't even know. The definition constantly changes.

One of the biggest problems is that they simultaneously believe "Gender is a social-construct", but that a human can be "Born the 'wrong' gender".
>>
>>82033265
race isn't gender.
/thread
>>
>>82032927
>fundamental laws of biology change over time
t. feminist dancing studies major
>>
>>82033149
You're saying they're wrongly interchanging gender and sex?
>>
>>82033279

Psychiatry is only a hard-science in the capacity that it deals with brain chemistry and neuro-science.
The other half of Psychiatry is Psychology, which isn't a science.

Fields like Psychology and Sociology are not hard sciences. They are Sociological Studies, as they are not based of off measurable, empirical evidence or demonstrably repeatable results.
>>
>>82033238
It's the evolution of people having sex for other than procreation reasons.
>>
>>82033166
So transgenders shouldn't be fucking around with their sex organs?
>>
>>82033238
Imagine being in the audience for this. How would you even respond?
>>
>>82033186
the 2000s fucking suck everyone's a fag and everyone is poor and everything is advertising and memes and facebook and subscribe back in 1990s everyone was just chilling listening to wutang and ricky martin and disney world wasn't gross and way over capacity and the real estate market was booming and everyone was rich and happy just give me a time machine and get me the FUCK out
>>
>>82033252
You should tweet to him.
>>
>>82033306
The argument used for why race doesn't exist is the same being used for why gender does.

It's a baffling renouncement of logic and from a "scientist" to boot.
>>
>>82033149
lmao there has been about million genders for a while now

i think facebook alone has more gender options than 40
>>
File: kenham.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kenham.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>They are imposing the religion of naturalism or atheism on generations of students. They are imposing their ideology upon the students, and everything is explained by natural processes. That is a religion. What does she mean by religious liberty? They tolerate their religion.

>See, the battle is really about authority. It's more than just science or evolution or creation; it's about who's the authority in this world. Man or God? If you start with naturalism, then what about morals? Who decides right and wrong? That's subjective. Marriage-- it's whatever you want it to be. Let's get rid of old people, I mean why not? I mean, they're just animals, costing us a lot of money. Abortion-- get rid of spare cats, get rid of spare kids, we're all just animals.

>But if we start with God's Word, there are moral absolutes. God decides right from wrong. Marriage is between one man and one woman. The sanctity of life-- we care for old people, they are made in the image of God. Life begins at fertilization, so abortion is killing a human being. We do see the collapse of Christian morality in our culture and increasing moral relativism, because generations of kids are being taught the religion of naturalism and that the Bible can't be trusted.
>>
>>82033373
>in 1990s everyone was just chilling listening to wutang and ricky martin
To be fair, this is what most young people in the 2000s do, except the bands have changed. It's even worse now, most people I know are chilling up until 30 because life is so fucking pointless.
>>
>>82033379
he's not a scientist.
>>
>>82033405
Has anyone besides Bill Nye ever won a debate, then three years later totally discredit themselves to the point that they retroactively lose the debate?
>>
>>82033371

>Imagine being in the audience for this. How would you even respond?

I wouldn't have shown up.

As soon as I read the description of what the show was going to be when it was announced 14 months ago, I knew it was going to be something like this.

Granted, it's slightly MORE grotesquely dishonest and hedonistic than I thought it would be, but I was still right on the money and wouldn't have shown-up to the taping even if I had been given free tickets that came with a hand-job.
>>
>>82033451
Bill Nye didn't won the debate though...
>>
>>82033426
oh you mean the early 2000s where we had the fucking lord of the rings movies? you mean the golden age of fantasy cinema? the .com boom? come on dude you know what time period i meant
>>
>>82033482
He means "now" you fucking retard.
>>
>>82033482
I mean right now, 2017.

Nobody does anything. Most of my friends try to work as little as possible, scrounge as much money off the government, and do fuck all with their lives. And we're not even considered degenerate wastes.
>>
>>82033451

>Bill Nye
>won a debate

Don't kid yourself. He lost fucking hard.
The supposed "scientist", who knew he'd be debating about biology, was flabbergasted and dismissive when confronted with the fact that many non-carnivores have sharp teeth.

That's shit a fucking middle-schooler would likely be able to understand. And "the science guy" couldn't even manage that.
>>
Gender and sex used to be synonyms.

the split of "gender" and "sex" happened after that episode of bill nye science guy

its almost like things change over time.
>>
>>82033482
>you mean the golden age of fantasy cinema?
I can't remember any other fantasy movie from the 2000's except Stardust (which is not "early" 2000's).
>>
>>82033559
there's like 20 you nimrod
>>
>>82033346
This isn't half wrong, Greeks also indulged in it.
The BIG difference is that the little boys getting fucked in the ass were slaves or inferior citizens, not people who liked it.
>>
>>82033638
wow rude!
>>
Gender used to be a synonym.
>>
>>82033327
Psychology is based on quantitative data. Bad science certainly slips through, but that's true of any field and also is better and worse in different disciplines. Social psychology, for example, fares extremely poorly in this regard, while behavioral, cognitive, and clinical psychology very much use statistics, numbers, and real science experiments to answer hypotheses.
>>
>>82033830
>https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/psychology-s-credibility-crisis-the-bad-the-good-and-the-ugly/
psychologists are unable to grasp basic statistical terms.
>>
>>82033405
I'll take ugly realites before noble falsehoods any day, but I can see where he's coming from.
>>
>>82033902
our current society is based on these noble falsehoods you dumb fuck. who do you think laid the foundations for our ethics?
>>
>>82033830
they've replicated psychology test from the most reputable institutions and they have found that they bring to different conclusions more than half of the times.
>>
File: trigger.jpg (207KB, 820x1192px) Image search: [Google]
trigger.jpg
207KB, 820x1192px
>>82032859
>>82032927

>what is a paradigm shift

Even NatGeo accepted transgenderism as the current paradigm.
>>
File: 1492846104868.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1492846104868.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>82033186
how is sex assigned? I can at least comprehend the notion of gender and gender roles in particular being imposed, but sex? You are either male or female based on the immutable configuration of your Chromosomes (notwithstanding notably, yet rare, aberrations such as xxy).
>>
>>82033965
>the only male male is black
>the blonde white boy is a trans female literally made for the BBC
>>
>>82033965
reeeeee
>>
>>82033379
Gender isn't anything concrete like biological racial differences, at best you have people poking around in brains and seeing what lights up. We don't even have a word separating gender from sex in my language.
>>
>>82032859
https://youtu.be/l5GEpyYel4g
>Tuckman
>>
>>82033896
>>82033946

For one, I wasn't claiming psychology is perfect. Obviously it isn't. I was saying that psychology studies are done scientifically and are based in the scientific method. I am more than willing to conceed failure where failure is apparent.

I think it is wrong headed to use the reproducibility crisis to try and say the entire field is unscientific. The factors which have lead to this are not unique to psychology, and they result from the realities of academia and the 'publish or perish' mentality that drives researchers to be at times pretty mercenary and less than scrupulous. This not becuse psychology is inherently unscientific, it is because these researchers were practicing science poorly.

Many psychological entities are working to address these concerns, such as by funding grants for reproduction studies, and by no means does the 50% figure apply to all disciplines equally. Again, social psychology in particular has been at the forefront of this, but psychology is a wondrously fragmented patchwork of literally hundreds of sub-disciplines. Over time it will get better. But to imply it is wholly unscientific is patently incorrect.
>>
>>82033698
i kid i kid
>>
>>82033482
we have similar things now too, you would notice them if you didn't spend all your days here
>>
File: POWAH BOMB.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
POWAH BOMB.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>82032859
Fake.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3k1ymn

He starts holding that book at 9:09 and he never says that sentence.
>>
>>82034264
>most important papers in psychology are proven wrong numerous times
>women can be men you should accept what we are saying as a fact
>>
>>82034419
Some important works were proven wrong, not all, and this is good for psychology. Or do you not understand how science works? They will take what has been tossed out and work to build something new atop of it. Science isn't about establishing hard facts, it's a process by which we chisel down what seems to be true by examination and elimination of failures.

Also, psychology is not what's pushing this nonsense. Psychology is not your enemy here. I've never been fed any of this in psychology. I was told male and females have structurally different brains, that male monkeys and female monkeys show traditional gender role behavior, I learned about David Reimer, and I learned that humans are not born as blank slates to which the whims of "heteronormative" society are inserted.

All this shit everyone is pissed about is peddled mostly by gender studies profs or similar fields who work with critical theory and qualitative research. While I'm sure psychologists do contribute they are by no means aajor factor.
>>
>>82034065
i wish i could stop noticing things like this. i really do
>>
>>82034882

Ill add to that, that what most plebs call "psychology" is actually more "neurology/neuro-science" with a scientific focus on studying brains through animal experiments, or high tech cat scans.

Freudian psychology doesnt exist anymore.
>>
>>82034419
isn't stuff being rigorously tested and proved wrong the exact opposite of bad science?
>>
>>82035023

There is no "bad science", theres only science.

If you make a shitty claim with faulty data, you will essentially get "kicked out" of serious fields.
>>
>>82035023
not when you fuck up simple statistical formulas and you get accepted in a top-tier journal you dumb fuck. if physicists, chemists or mathematicians did that they would have effectively killed their own careers and humiliated not only themselves but a whole research group.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (34KB, 371x254px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
34KB, 371x254px
Who cares about Nye, this was the superior show anyways.
>>
>>82035168
>If physicists and chemists did that

Physics and chemistry both have 25% of their studies that cannot be replicated. Lower than psych, but not insignificant. Medicine has similar replicability problems to psychology; is medicine no longer a science?

http://www.nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970

Also, this isn't becuse psychologists don't know the math. Computer programs do all this shit nowadays. A freshman in undergrad could do appropriate statistical analysis. This is happening becuse researchers are incentivised to produce original research and grant funding for repeat studies was traditionally low.

And to just add one more point, even if all psychologists were bumbling fools who couldn't calculate their way out of a paper bag, that would be entirely irrelevant. You are talking about individuals practicing science poorly, not the science itself. Psychology is based on the scientific method. That's a fact. At times it is wrong. At times individuals do it wrongly. But it is a science.
>>
>>82035526
I am not talking about random people fucking up. I am talking about well-established academics publishing fake data in top-tier journals in psychology.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.