[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any movies that have the feel of folk punk? That is,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6533.jpg (187KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6533.jpg
187KB, 1200x1200px
Are there any movies that have the feel of folk punk? That is, really happy cheerful films dealing with miserable people and their shitty lives, where most of the characters are just used to it and are trying to be as happy as they can in a world that constantly shits on them and everyone around them?

This seems like a market that's ripe for cinematic potential.
>>
the term folk punk seems redundant or at least ignorant of both terms
>>
>>82023218
It's the generally accepted term for this genre anyway. I can understand where you're coming from though.
>>
>>82022270
Human Traffic
Les Beaux Gosses
Mammuth
>>
You would probably like a lot of mumblecore flicks or some Woody Allen stuff
>>
>>82022270
Never thought I'd see this Days N' Daze album on here
Huge part of a chapter in my life
Love you OP
Bluejays is GOAT
>>
>>82024357
Friend of a friend played Misanthropic Drunken Loner when I was driving her to a coffee thing. Shit was surprising at first.

Recently I've been listening to Fuck It! for some reason. It makes me feel the good kind of sad.
>>
>>82023839
Yeah, that's the genre that seems closest to what I'm looking for, not 100% there but it edges into that territory.

>>82023785
I'll give these a look, thanks.
>>
>>82022270

The Full Monty
Rita, Sue and Bob Too
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Brassed Off

Quite a few British comedy movies from the 90s
>>
>>82025342
Always Sunny just feels like miserable characters in constant and forceful denial of the fact that they're miserable, convinced that the world around them (and especially the people around them) are the ones that are pieces of shit. Makes for great comedy, not exactly what I'm looking for.

I have heard The Full Monty is pretty good though.
>>
>>82022270
Chumscrubber
Spun
Donnie Darko
>>
>>82025907
>Donnie Darko
Really? Interesting.
>>
>>82022270
Days N' Days is good shit.

Repo Man is generally considered a "punk" movie, very little cheer or folkyness to it though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.