[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: shows you can no longer defend Picture very much related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0730.jpg (142KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0730.jpg
142KB, 600x800px
ITT: shows you can no longer defend

Picture very much related
>>
I didn't care for Breaking Bad, I actually prefer this show.
>>
>>82017965
I completely understand but I love it. Its just so comfy for me
>>
>>82018638
This is despite the writers having absolutely no fucking clue how a professional services firm works. That scene where Kim started cold calling to try to win a client? That'd NEVER happen at a real firm, and is about the worst way imaginable to try to get clients.
>>
>>82017965
cause he's that good of a lawyer?
>>
>>82018638

This. The show is superior in basically every way. The people talking about how 'nothing happens' are basically the biggest plebs that should actually look into watching less complex shows. Not to say this show is complex, but they're retarded
>>
>>82017965
OP is a fag and a hothead.
>>
>>82018702
What? MOST people starting out HAVE to cold call to win clients. If you have no reputation, other than referrals and advertising, you have to do some footwork. Do you think you just start a business and customers start pouring in because you flipped your sign from Closed to Open?
>>
>>82017965
we kept telling you it's terrible but you didn't want to listen

i guess you fell for all the obvious shills posting the pleb filter meme
>>
Is it a must to have watched Breaking Bad before this show or not?

I need a new show to watch with my GF, I have seen BrBa but she has not. Will she miss out on much and/or have anything spoiled?
>>
>>82018702
She was literally drumming up business

It was a Hail Mary in the first place; the odds she's going to call someone up just as they need a law firm for some purpose are practically astronomical. That she happened to find anyone is a miracle in of itself. Too bad it didn't get her out of the doghouse.
>>
>>82018972

I barely watched any BrBa because it didn't catch my interest. I'm really into BCS though and follow it just fine
>>
>>82018972
you don't need to watch breaking bad to watch this. the only thing she will miss is all the stupid references and tie ins that bravince has to shove in every fucking episode
>>
>>82018972
She won't understand the significance of any returning characters obviously.

This show is pretty self-contained, it's not like a working knowledge of BB is required.
>>
what are some other shows that retell the same plot 3 years in a row?
>>
>>82019067
in terms of Nothing Happens, the leftovers

it's just as bad as BCS, but in different ways
>>
>Omg will Mike stop going after Salamanca?!
>We know he lives to BB

Why are prequels even a thing, all tension is pretty much wrung out of it from the start.
>>
>>82017965
More shit happened in this episode than ever before what are you going on about ?/
>>
>>82018971
>t.pleb
>>
>>82019102
You belong on a place called plebbit
>>
File: ngbbs5160d067cc7e8.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs5160d067cc7e8.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>82019194
>>82019197
>>
If you get disbarred can you get rebarred?
>>
Something that I dont get is how is Mike even alive in this show?

I mean we all know Walt shot him so how the fuck can they resurrect him?
>>
>>82019250
Only if you write to the president asking for your little iron bar back.
>>
>>82019250
Probably have suspensions before they can reapply or in certain cases be banned for life
>>
>>82018911
>>82018990

I work at a large CPA firm. We operate similarly to a law firm.

You obviously do not win clients by just sitting around and hope they show up. There's an art to networking, getting referrals, and winning business.

What you absolutely do not fucking do is pick up the phone, start calling up random businesses, and trying to sell work. This would reflect poorly horribly on a firm that tried it. A quick check of the New Mexico Rules of Professional Conduct reveals lawyers aren't even allowed to just start calling up people to drum up business.

>A lawyer or lawyer's agent may engage in the in-person or telephone solicitation of legal business, only under the following circumstances:

>A. the prospective client is a relative, or the lawyer has a prior personal, business or professional relationship with the prospective client; or

>B. the communication is made under the auspices of a public or charitable legal services organization or a bona fide political, social, civic, charitable, religious, fraternal, employee or trade organization whose purposes include but are not limited to providing or recommending legal services.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/nm/code/NM_CODE.htm
>>
>>82019255
it's mike's twin
>>
>>82019390
you can easily just tell the cops you didnt know that if they ask
>>
>>82018870

the issue isn't that "nothing happens", it's that what happens is on the nose and cliche as fuck. a good example of a slow burn/character focused show is Mad Men, not Better Call Saul.
>>
>>82019250
It depends on how bad what you did was. You can look at some New Mexico disciplinary reports here: https://www.nmdisboard.org/QuarterlyReport.aspx
>>
>>82018972
I'm gonna take the opposite tack here and say yeah she should watch Breaking Bad first. BCS was obviously made with the BB viewer in mind, and shoehorned references aside, I think something integral to the experience would be missed if you haven't seen Breaking Bad already. For example, that great Mike-centric episode in s1 of BCS probably wouldn't hit as hard emotionally if you weren't already way invested in Mike as a character and didn't know how his story ends.

If you liked BB and it's been a while since you watched it, why not rewatch it and show it to her? I just think that BCS wouldn't have the same effect, and then if she ever watched BB after BCS, shit might be weird there, idk.
>>
>>82019424
The police aren't going to be investigating that, the state bar association would.
>>
>>82018972
Lol girls are fucking retarded bro, she'll probably think both shows are "boring" anyway. Just tell her to fuck off and watch the show on your own.
>>
>>82019516
>shit might be weird there
if BCS wasn't a prequel, I'd be prone 2 agree...
>>
>>82019390
Autism, the post
>>
>>82017965
I think I might be a sick fuck. I actually have found myself hating plot and movement of chess pieces in TV shows. I watch Last Man on Earth every week too and just enjoy all the tiny details that change every week and the unique sitcom style. BCS is interesting for me because I really just enjoy knowing the characters and looking into a microcosm of their lives. The little plot movements are cool with me and then I just enjoy watching it and its leisurely pace.
>>
File: 1440969637953.gif (498KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1440969637953.gif
498KB, 500x281px
>>82017965
>is all about presenting himself nicely to appeal to clients
>still drives the same piece of junk car
>>
>>82018972
>my GF
Unless she's under 13 fuck off normie
>>
>>82019680
I just get really mad when people spout off moron of the month level gibberish.
>>
>>82018972
does your gf have smelly feets by any chance?
>>
All these "kinographers" pretending to never have watched breaking bad

TV was a mistake
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 800x522px
>>82018972
Be sure to give that gf a snuggle for me, bro.
>>
>>82019390
no one cares
>>
File: shoes.png (966KB, 1261x628px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.png
966KB, 1261x628px
anyone know where to get these shoes?
>>
>>82019815
have you never seen a pair of loafers before?
>>
>>82019815
Based on how the horsebit looks (rounded on one end, flat on the other), I think they're Ferragamo loafers. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvatore-ferragamo-grande-muflone-bit-loafer-men/4322959?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=NERO%20LEATHER

Ferragamo makes great shoes, but they're expensive. For something more affordable look into Allen Edmonds http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/loafers-slip-ons/verona-ii-italian-loafers/SF40002.html

I'm sure some lower end shoemakers make similarly styled loafers. Search for bit loafers or horsebit loafers and you can probably find some.
>>
>>82020032

thanks senpai
>>
>>82020032
The bit is the silver part on those loafers by the way.
>>
>>82019067
Dexter
>>
>>82020032
Reviewbrah?
>>
File: 1268608909920.jpg (12KB, 249x246px) Image search: [Google]
1268608909920.jpg
12KB, 249x246px
I hope this show goes on for years desu
>>
have we even time jumped yet? its still 2002 isn't it?
>>
>>82020887
Geez, I think so. This show may have succeeded in actually stopping time. It's like a story progression black hole.
>>
>>82019390

Do you take medication for your autism
>>
>>82019390
>the prospective client is a relative, or the lawyer has a prior personal, business or professional relationship with the prospective client
She was literally calling people she knew, past associates and friends, etc. It's clear from her conversation, and I believe one of them even attempts to set up a lunch date with her.

So, according to what you just posted, yes she did everything by the books.
>>
Mike is going to be alive, he's gonna bust Jimmy out of the mall shop gig
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21KB, 715x715px
did anyone saw that one coming?
I thought they were gonna climb on to the truck while mike picks them off in the process.
>>
>>82023193
I didn't see it coming because it was fucking stupid. There's no way that would work
>>
>>82023211
UMMMMMMMMMM EXCUSE ME IT'S KINO
>>
>>82019695

His car hardly matters with elder law.
>>
>>82020887

yeah they fashion hasn't been too accurate.
>>
>>82017965
It's not the show fault, sadly I got used to the whole 'binge' watch thing, and now because of that regular week to week shows seems like they have an odd pacing.. But it's not that, in all honesty I enjoy more the week to week method than the watch all the season in one weekend.
>>
based vincenzo trolling the plebs
>>
File: 1467416772285.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1467416772285.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>82023193

I figured he'd shoot the shoelace so the shoes would fall on the truck and the dog would smell them but they wouldn't know exactly where the drugs are so they would have to take it apart.
>>
>>82019044
>returning characters

but this is supposedly the first time seeing them
>>
I love this meme

>Oh BB was shit and better call jimmy is amazing you must be a cucked pleb it's to deep for you....

BCS is a mediocre show at best pigging backing the little ratings it gets from BB
>>
>>82025413
lol this, but i thought he put a tracker in the shoes and was gonna shoot the lace so it landed on the truck

dont feel bad though anon the entire scenario was legit retarded anyway
>>
>>82022889
Exactly, I mean I understand that the show is boring as fuck so people tend to fall asleep trying to watch it, but if you actually watched the episode you'd have noticed she was calling friends/acquantiences/etc and not simply cold-calling random businesses.
>>
After watching the last episode I am of the opinion that you guys are pretending the show is bad so reddit will stop liking it so that you can then enjoy it without feeling bad
>>
>>82019116
If a work is actually high quality, knowing how it ends shouldn't detract anything from it.
Everyone knows that Anna Karenina jumps in front of a train, that Kurtz dies, that Vader is Luke's father, that blah blah blah whatever you get the point. You can still enjoy all of those movies/books.
Better Call Saul has a lot of flaws, but being a prequel does not inherently make it bad.
>>
>>82026668
the show is not that popular on reddit, only saw one discussion thread of it on /r/television. I've only started watching it after seeing threads for it here on /tv/ when season 3 came out
>>
I've watched 0 seconds of this show. I never particularly cared for Saul. Is this worth watching?
>>
>>82026692
I hope you're not the same guy who's been trying to push across that bizarre "spoilers enhance a film" philosophy all night.
>>
>>82026738
No that's weird as fuck I'd never say that.
In a lot of places spoilers do obviously detract from a movie. Like I'm sure people who watched The 6th Sense in theaters got a lot more out of it than people who watch it now for the first time.

But the shit we know from Breaking Bad isn't spoilers. BCS assumes we know all this is going to happen. For me, knowing that Mike is gonna die 7 years from the current episode or that Saul will someday move to Nebraska does not reduce my enjoyment whatsoever.
>>
>>82020781
he said 3 years, not 6
>>
>>82026709
then I am confused
>>
File: reddit.gif (2MB, 237x240px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.gif
2MB, 237x240px
>>82026709
>>
>>82023193
his aim throwing those was terrible
how did he know exactly where they would park in the first place and then how did he manage to successfully get them in the right spot
>>
>>82026919
dude just turn off your brain, it's kino lmao
>>
File: eh.jpg (77KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
77KB, 384x313px
>>82023211
Why not?
>>
>>82026919
He really just needed them to be close enough. It was a thin road and it was powder falling and being dispersed as it fell. As long as he was sure the truck would drive under the wire, the coke would definitely fall onto the truck. And it seems like he knew where the truck would stop, as suggested by the earlier montage of the truck stopping under the other shoes.
It made enough sense, at the very least, that it worked for my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>82026919
>how did he know exactly where they would park
are you memeing? they literally show the red shows on power lines means that's where the gun caches are.
>>
>>82027084
>>82026987
The opening is during the events of BB, not BCS.
>>
>>82027172
Oh that makes sense why the shoes are faded. I figured it was just a different pair of shoes.
Anyway, like I said, Mike didn't need to know exactly to the inch where they'd stop or have the shoes be perfectly placed, because he was spilling a powder over a wide area.
>>
>>82018911
>tfw I flipped my sign from closed to open and now have a thriving fitness studio with plenty of eastern spiritual nonsense courses I sell to fat soccer moms for hundreds of bucks

Life is good
>>
File: kino.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kino.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>every frame a picture
>>
File: 1490149560064.gif (97KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490149560064.gif
97KB, 500x720px
Someone, do let me know once this series starts getting interesting...
>>
All the memes about "nothing is happening" were fun.
Until in this episode literally nothing happened.

It's terrible to watch 1 ep a week with this pacing. And I like the show.
>>
>>82017965
Why the fuck do you retards think we care if you stop watching? Literally no one values your opinion.
>>
>>82028360
>Weeaboo faggot
Makes sense
>>
>>82019197
This isn't discussion of film
>game of thrones
>>
>>82017965
I should of saved the first 2 episodes so I could marathon them all, it's the best way to watch this show in particular.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.