[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was fun. I liked this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

This was fun.
I liked this.
>>
>>82016441
Me too. I pretend the monkey scene didn't happen.
>>
>>82016441

I'd wager neither of you had any strong emotional attachment to the earlier films.
>>
>>82016441
its ok
nothing special
it wasnt as terrible as everyone says
>>
it's a solid film until the monkeys, hell probably earlier depending on how much greenscreen it had

its a 6/10 at best desu, at least the score is still great
>>
>>82016608
If anyone did, and got butthurt by Crystal Skull, they are retards who missed the point. Crystal Skull was as pulp adventure as any of Indy flicks. Sure it had flaws, the only metric it was arguably great at was Cate Blanchett's Irina Spalko was a top-tier villian. But it was nothing near the "childhood rape" that tards starting screeching about. The time period was good for Ford's age, the antagonists being Soviet and the occult focus being Alien/UFO based fit the time period. It went to different exotic locales, had some plans fall through, some betrayals and recompenses, daring escapes and chases, environmental hazards, and a few brawls here and there. As I said, it was a solid pulp adventure flick, which is what Indy films are at their essence.
>>
crystal skull > TFA
at least it had a good score and ford actually gave a shit
>>
>>82016441
>the movie was fun
Frog.jpg
>>
http://www.theraider.net/films/indy4/multimedia/cityofthegods.pdf

too bad this script is still better
>>
>>82018143
>my shitty interpretation is the only interpretation
fuckin lol
>>
It's worse in every way to the original trilogy. Judged on it's own merits it's an okay little adventure flick, I'd probably rank it around the second Mummy film.
>>
>Opening shot is a CGI gopher
>Indiana Jones is old and feeble
>The opening set piece is okay
>Cate Blanchett is pretty good
>Indiana Jones surviving a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator is dumber than anything in any of the old films (including the liferaft plane escape from ToD)
>no Marcus Brody
>Shia Labeouf's character is garbage, he's a greaser but MAYBE HE'S NOT SO BAD, that's it, goes through pretty much zero development
>Karen Allen does nothing and has no character arc
>John Hurt is forgettable at best
>Jungle jeep chase looks terrible visually and is infantile conceptually even compared to the original films
>Giant ants are a weak ripoff of the scarabs from The Mummy
>Climax is a total mess, the idea of aliens in an Indiana Jones movie is fine but this was just a whirlwind of CGI effects happening and then there's a UFO and then it's over

it's okay at best and is nowhere near as good as TFA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.