[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GotG2 Spoiler Rundown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 19

File: gotgimax2.jpg (446KB, 1200x1750px) Image search: [Google]
gotgimax2.jpg
446KB, 1200x1750px
In 1980, Kurt Russell as Ego is dating Peter's Mom and shows her a special alien flower he's planted. 34 years later, in 2014 I guess, the Guardians are on a job for The Sovereign, the gold-skinned people from the trailer, defending their valuable batteries from an interdimensional beast. They slay it, in return for Nebula, who was imprisoned there. The Guardians plan to collect the bounty on her from Xandar. However, the Sovereign soon discover Rocket stole some of the batteries, leading them to pursue the Guardians with their drone army, almost cutting off their escape route before Ego intervenes, destroying their fleet.

The Guardians jump to a safe planet, but the final barrage and crash have totalled the ship. Ego lands and introduces himself as Peter's father, and invites Peter back to his planet to learn about his heritage. Peter, Gamora and Drax go with Ego, while Rocket and Groot stay behind to repair the ship and guard Nebula.

Meanwhile, Yondu has been exiled from most of the Ravager groups by its leader, Starhawk (Sly Stallone), due to his history kidnapping children for Ego. The Sovereign hire Yondu to capture the Guardians, but when he finds their ship and the Ravagers corner Rocket, he refuses to betray them and instead asks for the batteries to sell. His crew mutinies, and Nebula escapes, incapacitating Yondu and Rocket.

On Ego's ship, the group learn about Mantis, who's empathic and was raised by Ego because her abilities allow her to implant feelings, such as allowing him to sleep. When they arrive at Ego's Planet, it's like a fucking album cover, full of beauty, with a palace that houses statues of Ego's history. Ego explains he's a Celestial, a consciousness that was alone in the universe, but over eons learned to form matter and the planet around him. Eventually he formed a human avatar to seek out other life in the universe, eventually reaching Earth and banging Mrs. Quill.
>>
Ego explains he wants to make up for lost time and help Peter learn how to control the 'light', or power, that makes up his core. Peter is able to form basic constructs of light/matter, and plays catch with his dad for the first time. However, Drax and Mantis grow closer, and she almost lets slip that something is very wrong.

With the Ravagers, the mutineers, led by Taserface, have killed everyone loyal to Yondu, while keeping Groot, Yondu and Rocket captive. Nebula leaves, taking a ship as payment to pursue Gamora and kill her (and later Thanos), while Yondu and Rocket bond and are able to use Groot to retrieve a prototype fin for Yondu that allows him to use his flying arrow to kill everyone (except his number one) and separate the ship. They fly to Ego, knowing Peter is in trouble.

Nebula reaches Ego's Planet first, and finds Gamora, engaging her in a deadly duel from her ship, which crashes into Ego's caverns. Gamora saves Nebula's life, while Nebula finds herself unable to kill Gamora, the two begin to reconcile. They discover a cavern full of bones in Ego's catacombs - from Ego's children. At the same time, Mantis also reveals this to Drax.

Peter, who has begun to listen more and more to Ego and reject his friends, is 'shown eternity' by his father and his grand plan. Ego has planted seeds from his planet across the cosmos, but he needs more power to be able to transform those worlds into the same matter as him - effectively transforming all life into him. Ego banged thousands of women across thousands of worlds, and he's gone through this whole deadbeat dad thousands of times. All of his offspring so far were unable to cope with the power and died, but Peter is the first who can handle the Celestial power. Peter is reticent, remembering his friends and family, but Ego really fucks up when he mentions he put the tumor in Mrs. Quill's brain. Peter attacks Ego, so Ego decides to just use him as a battery and forcibly extract his power.
>>
As Peter's power is assimilated into Ego, the seeds planted on each world bloat into a literal The Blob reference, consuming all in their path. At this point, Rocket and Yondu arrive and rescue Peter from Ego's grasp - manifested as light tentacles from the planet's crust. Everyone - Peter, Nebula, Gamora, Rocket, Drax, Groot, Yondu, Mantis - gather together to dive deep into Ego's core, in order to destroy the 'light', or consciousness within. However, once they reach it, the Sovereign show up as well to destroy the Guardians.

Mantis is able to make Ego sleep while the Guardians deal with the Sovereign, but their destruction re-awakens him. While Drax carries Mantis (knocked unconscious by debris) to safety, Peter and Rocket distract Ego, while Groot carries a bomb to his core (a giant light-brain). Nebula and Gamora work together in order to help each other escape.

Eventually, Ego unleashes his abilities to trap each of the Guardians with his light tentacles. With some encouragement from Yondu, Peter fights back and is able to use the 'light' to form his own constructs, such as propelling him to fly into Ego's human avatar, or creating a giant stone Pac Man (THIS IS MEMES). Peter is able to distract Ego just long enough for Groot to plant the bomb and for everyone to escape, except Yondu, who stays behind to rescue Peter. Ego's core explodes, and Yondu uses a jetpack to carry Peter out of the collapsing planet's atmosphere - he has only one spacesuit, which he uses to protect Peter when they reach vacuum, as Yondu freezes to death.
>>
A funeral is held for Yondu, which is attended by all the Ravagers he thought had abandoned him when he was exiled. Nebula leaves to pursue her own vendetta against Thanos, but Mantis stays. In the credits, Starhawk forms a team of ravagers, Yondu's number one tries using Yondu's fin and arrow and fucks up, Groot grows into a moody teenager and won't leave his room, and the Sovereign hatch Adam Warlock to hunt the Guardians.

In the last post-credits scene (and also shown while Yondu & Rocket are jumping to Ego), Stan Lee in a spacesuit is with Uatu the Watcher, as well as other Watchers, giving a report on Earth, and his last visit as a Fedex postman. The Watchers leave as they are uninterested, even though Stan Lee has many more stories to tell.
>>
>>82016540
>Adam Warlock
Isn't he a good guy? I thought him and Strange were the ones who'd main Infinity War
>>
And the post-credit scenes?
>>
>>82016791
In the last paragraph famalam
>>
Sounds very convoluted
>>
>>82016960
it doesn't help that the spoilers are terribly written
>>
No Howard the Duck?
>>
do we know who plays warlock or is it just a tease
>>
>>82016646
He stumbles between good and evil.
>>
>>82017288
Howard shows up once at a bar, chatting up a girl saying "You're outta luck until you go duck". He's also briefly in the animation in the credits.

>>82017332
We only see his pod.
>>
>>82016426
What happens to the Milano?
>>
>>82017541
Rocket and Peter fuck it up by piloting through a quantum asteroid field, while wrestling control from each other. Then, the Sovereign's drone army unleash a barrage - they barely escape thanks to Ego wiping out the army(while riding on the outside of his ship), and jump to Berhert, where they crash land and total the ship completely. It's not ever fully repaired or revisited in the film, but it could be salvageable.
>>
>>82017288
>>82017467
He is in. Voiced by Seth Green.
>>82017541
Milano is still wrecked on a forest planet.
>>
File: IMG_6859.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6859.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>82017657
>>82017727

Fuck!
>>
>>82017836
Jesus christ
>>
>>82017952
They cant fucking leave it there! Its a part of the family!
>>
Who plays Adam Warlock?
>>
>>82017973
They never have the time or opportunity to go back for it. It'll probably be repaired by Avengers 3.
>>
>>82018264
A styrofoam coccoon prop. We don't see him inside, he's only named by Sticky My Dicky in Debicki
>>
>>82016469
hey son, I really want your help on something. but first did you know I gave your mommy CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCERRRRRRR?
>>
>>82018264
they're eyeing Adam Driver for the role.
I know someone who works at Disney Marvel.
>>
>>82016504
>Pac-Man
Fuck James 'Meme' Gunn and fuck Marvel
>>
Fuck GotG is my fav Marvel movie (except for Iron Man 1 of course) but this sounds like a CGI shitfest.

And 3 during credits scenes? Wow.
>>
>>82018550
>3
>>
>>82018560
Holy shit yeah just reread that.

So where can they go from here? Please tell me they aren't gonna bring this into the MCU on earth? Are these guys and Gunn signed on for another already?

I am glad I actually like DC so far cuz Marvel sucks right now.
>>
>>82016646
Warlock can possible go evil. There is a future version of him called Magus and he is evil as fuck.

In the comic, Warlock runs into Magus not knowing who the latter is. Magus reveals he went back in time to make sure Warlock goes evil.

SPOILER btw
>>
>>82018665
>>82018665
>Are these guys and Gunn signed on for another already?
Yes you fucking racist goy, how dare you not enjoy these masterpieces? There's Spiderman! Now with another actor! There's Black Kang with a hella diverse cast, and there's Thor 3: More Quips then the greatest cinematic event of all time, join the ride, or do you want to be on the wrong side of history?
>>
>>82018747
Honestly hoping Thor is wacky enough for me to like cuz the last two were terrible.

Honestly the only good capeshit for me so far was

IM1
GotG
BvsS

And what the heck I liked Antman cuz Rudd and Pena are so damn charismatic.
>>
File: toys-brays-tats-just.png (931KB, 1012x751px) Image search: [Google]
toys-brays-tats-just.png
931KB, 1012x751px
This entire things seems like it was written by an alien that only watched Marvel movies and thats how it understands humanity...
>>
give me a tl;dr on the spoilers i can spam
>>
>>82018904
DUDE BABY GROOT
DEAD KID GRAVEYARD
I GAVE YOUR MOM AIDS
GO PAC MAN BEAT UP MY DAD
5 FUCKING POST CREDIT SCENES
>>
>>82018904
Pac-Man
>>
>>82018904
Pixels Part 2
>>
>>82016504
hold up, when Yondu freezes to dies are they literallly not exposed to any kind of star? because as long as your person is being hit by the light of a nearby star then you're not going to freeze. if I got my astronomy right.
>>
>>82019060

I don't think he was like fully ice cold frozen. It just looked like the life got drained from him.
>>
>>82019060
It's portrayed that way, they establish earlier this is what happens when people are exposed to vacuum when Yondu's crew are flushed out the airlock
>>
>>82019060
So if I go to outer space naked I won't die as long the light of the sun hits me?
>>
>>82019178
uh, yeah. you will probably suffocate to death. space isn't cold. it doesn't have a temperature.
>>
>>82019275
What if I went inside a black hole? What is inside a black hole?
>>
File: TheReg.jpg (26KB, 463x462px) Image search: [Google]
TheReg.jpg
26KB, 463x462px
>>82019275
>space isn't cold. it doesn't have a temperature.
>>
>>82019480
space is literally the absence of anything. theres nothing to give your heat to
>>
>>82019443
>What if I went inside a black hole?

I hope this thread changes to midnight sci shit. Basically, you'll die pretty damn slowly and you'll see every star, planet, etc sort of move past you sideways. your entire existence will be stretched out like spaghetti. Imagine every atom of your self just breaking apart.
>>
>>82019443
you'll find Batman V Superman and Civil War with all the bad parts spliced together to form one movie that repeats itself for infinity. and you're going to be stuck there watching it... forever.
>>
>>82019565
>nothing to give your heat to
>>
>>82019573
No no, but what happens AFTER I go past the event horizon, let's say I survive the spaghettification
>>
>>82018414
You don't need to work at a studio to know how fucken basic studio execs are.

Who's "hot" right now...
>>
File: 1445968667702.jpg (117KB, 782x835px) Image search: [Google]
1445968667702.jpg
117KB, 782x835px
>>82019275
>>
>>82019744
the retard is right
heat transfer only occurs through radiation because there is nothing to convect or conduct
>>
>>82019792
No he fucking isn't temperature is the average kinetic energy of the contained particles. Space is 'not hot' (as in fucking cold) as fuck.

Jesus I am dumber from reading this thread.
>>
>>82019752
it is theorized that you enter another dimension where Hitler saved Jesus from the Jews.
>>
>>82019861
there's no particles dipshit
>>
>>82019896
Well I'll be a son of a gun, I want to go there with my /tv/ bros
>>
>>82016504
> pac man was this really necessary?
>>
>>82020120
It's set up earlier when Ego is teaching Peter how to use and shape Ego's 'light'. Peter promises he's going to make some 'weird shit'. EPIC MEME BRO
>>
>>82020120
DUDE 80S REFERENCE
80S KIDS

REMEMBER THE 80S
>>
File: marlel.jpg (33KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
marlel.jpg
33KB, 900x720px
>your dad just admited he killed your mom and a bunch of your siblings
>you unleash the power of Pacman to defead him
By now its clear that Marvel is killing their endings on purpose...they can't be this anti-climatic otherwise.
>>
>>82020464
It's current Hollywood formula. They don't want MEMORABLE movies, they want flicks that can keep people pacified for 2 hours. Memorable movies means you have to live up to the last film or you get punished, trash movies require less work and less risk.

QUIPS MEMES LAUGHS
THAT'S ALL YOU NEED
>>
Is Nova in this movie?
>>
>>82020603
Nope. Everyone thought Sly was playing him, but he's Starhawk.
>>
>>82016540
>Stan Lee as a Watcher
Motherfucker. The memes were true.
>>
File: ironmanlet.jpg (79KB, 1140x670px) Image search: [Google]
ironmanlet.jpg
79KB, 1140x670px
>>82020596
Yeah, this is basically the worst era for cinema.
The few madmen around get memed to death while 99% of the shit comes from Hollywood is by designed to be sterile and flacid.
>>
>Pac Man
>not a Death Star
missed opportunity desu.
>>
>>82020369
He should have just turned it into a giant Snake Pliskin or Jack Burton construct, that way they can hit REMEMBER THE 80S and DUDE ISN'T THIS FUNNY BC HIS DAD'S THE SAME DUDE at the same time.
>>
Daily reminder that Disneyland killed Tower of Terror for a Guardians ride because they had that much faith in the quality of this movie.

Californiabros will never be able to go on Tower of Terror again. Let this sink in.
>>
>>82020464
>>82020596
>>82020702

Oh fuck off you pretentious neckbeards. I feel sorry for delusional autistic people that can't sit back and enjoy a casual capeshit movie with some mild keks. Do you people every have fun?
>>
File: MarvelAudience.jpg (274KB, 1839x1011px) Image search: [Google]
MarvelAudience.jpg
274KB, 1839x1011px
>>82021269
>>
>>82018414
Jamie from Outlander would be better
>>
Still better than 'muh dark & gritty' DC movies
>>
File: Really nigga.gif (2MB, 352x217px) Image search: [Google]
Really nigga.gif
2MB, 352x217px
>Kurt Russell is the villain
>>
>>82016540

Kek, I left after Gunn's brother stabbed Drax in the throat. I missed all the interesting stuff.

God this film was a waste of time.
>>
>>82016960

It is when you consider barely anything happens in the film.

The stuff with his dad is kind of a mess;

I thought we were going to see his father using Peter as a battery so his father could leave the planet. We see lots of dead children bones, meaning he has tried this before. Except it turns out he wants to use him as a battery or compliant co-power source to make goo plants grow all over the universe that will let him...I dunno...cover everything in goo. That will then become versions of himself...It's kind of pointless and weird and seems only to exist so they can say "dude, we saved the Galaxy AGAIN."
>>
>>82021388
Oh, nice, promo pics for the Stepford Cuckoos.
>>
>>82016426

Also OP forgot;

On planet Coachella where we meet Stallone and get Yondu backstory, we also get a Howard The Duck cameo - Howard/Swamp Thing series when?
>>
>>82018550

It's not a shitfest.

It DOES feel useless though.

Except for the death of a side character and some minimal character development for Quill, this film basically feels like filler and some minimal set up for Guardians 3. Seriously, if they make a Guardians 3, there will basically be no reason for this film to exist. Was Peter even that cut up about his father in the first film?

There is NOTHING in this to tie in with the rest of the MCU either. I GUESS, vaguely, the Blue Goo shit sequence on Earth might vaguely tie back into the Avengers later on.

Even the gold people - Basically all they are doing is setting up a villain (in the post credits sequence) for the next film. Otherwise they just kind of have no purpose except for the opening sequence.
>>
>>82018904

Nothing happens except Quill finds his dad (who is Ego) and his dad is bad so they kill him and Peter says that Yondu was his real daddy (but not his "father") but Yondu dies saving Peter and this makes the Racoon cry
>>
>>82020464

>ending

It was clear about halfway into the movie that this was basically just a space filler until the next movie comes out.

It was literally like watching an extended 2nd act.

They're milking shit like crazy.
>>
File: Bangkok Rules.webm (3MB, 700x296px) Image search: [Google]
Bangkok Rules.webm
3MB, 700x296px
>>82021581
He's played villains before.
>>
>>82018665
the movie was pretty bad but don't go kidding yourself dcuck
>>
File: 1445120054049.jpg (34KB, 428x545px) Image search: [Google]
1445120054049.jpg
34KB, 428x545px
>>82016504
>Yondu freezes to death.

RIP. 2014-2017
>>
DUDE PAC MAN FIGHTING KURT RUSSEL LMAO
>>
>>82020464
Anyone else wanted Pratt to die? IMAGINE HOW EMOTIONAL that would have been...

Nah too sad and drastic
>>
>>82021581
>"I ALWAYS KNEE YOU WERE AN EVIL FATHER"

>"YEAA FUCK YOU TOO!"
Kek imagine if Russel said his line from The Thing to Pratt.

Cant Marvel allow one F bomb if they wanted?
>>
>>82022611
>DUDE I HATE THE CHOICES I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE SO I AM GOING TO AN HERO
Who writes this shit
>>
>When you realized the reason GoTG wasn't opening in America first because they were aware they made an actual stinker with this film and need to pad their box office numbers before it hits burgerland
>>
Just watched this, the best fuckin' film Marvel has put out this decade, probably their best of all time.
I never watch their capestuff but damn this was fun, so much better.
>>
I just watched this in Brisbane and it was fucking shit.

I dont even like capeshit but it was full of jokes jokes jokes fucking jokes no emotions at all.
>>
>>82022995
What did you expect
>>
>>82022995

Are you autistic? There were plenty of emotional scenes in it. In fact I would say there were too much. The bits with Peter and his dad, Gamora and Nebula and Rocket and Yondu. The whole movie was mostly character driven with a sprinkle of action scenes.
>>
>>82022995
>I went to a James "Le Epic Meme Man" Gunn movie expecting a deep serious movie
>THE MOVIE HAS JOKES! WHY DOES IT HAS JOKES!! GOTTA GO SHITPOST RIGHT NOW!! REEEEE
You just played yourself retard
>>
>>82023151
>Plenty of emotional scenes

That are heavy handed and never hit their mark because WE GOTTA HAVE THE JOKES. THE QUIPS. THE BABY GROOT.

Those scenes are literally hamfisted in and inorganic, just like fucking PacMan was.
>>
>>82023226
The Pac Man joke was actually elaborated earlier in the movie,while it sounds stupid it actually plays nice in the film, just like the Sabotage scene from Beyond.
>>
>>82023226

Of course it has to have the jokes and the quips and the baby groot, all of it was seen from the trailers and the previous movie. What the fuck did you expect this to be? Some cinematic masterpiece? I don't see how the emotional scenes were hamfisted in, when those scenes are what carried the movie. And the PacMan was mentioned earlier in the film and unexpected and went on for like 3 seconds.
>>
>DC makes pretentious garbage
>their fans get triggered when people do comic book stuff in comic book movies
>>
>>82023628
Nothing about GoTG is like the comic book...literally nothing except for the names of the characters.
You people sound brainwashed.
>>
>>82023670
So Starlord and Rocket don't sing show tunes???
>>
This is Reddit
This is Memes

WUBBA LUBBA PAC MAAAN
>>
Every review, even the positive ones, are like "Remember the first one? Here's more, but worse!"

Pass.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-25-04-21-35.png (339KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-25-04-21-35.png
339KB, 540x960px
But rooker basically confirmed his involvement in infinity war tho...
>>
>>82019659
So I'll just be watching Civil War on repeat?
>>
Not a great sign for cosmic marvel movies if people are tired of it after just 2 movies. Doesn't help Thor 3 literally looks like GOTG,
>>
>>82021718
Forget about ducks, let's talk about the skimpy dressed yellow sexbots
They scratched my Sky Doll vibe and I'd definitely want some art of those

>>82022611
The funeral scene with THAT song and the space fireworks was great though
Only thing about the movie but still
>>
Where the hell was Goldbluhm?
They teased him as an Elder of the Universe and all we got was (admittedly based) David Hasselhoff
>>
>>82025174
He's dancing in the credits montage.
>>
File: marlel.png (72KB, 854x724px) Image search: [Google]
marlel.png
72KB, 854x724px
The Time Magazine review makes this sound fucking terrible.

>time.com/4752663/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-review/

>In the context of modern garden-variety escapist cinema, there’s nothing inherently wrong with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, director James Gunn’s sequel to his 2014 megahit, both adapted from the Marvel comics series of the same name. But this gag- and plot-stuffed follow-up is also emblematic of all we’ve come to settle for in movie entertainment: It feels not so much crafted as squirted from a tube. In striving to surprise us every minute with its seen-it-all irony, Guardians Vol. 2 is actually the surprise-spoiler of all time—our every “Wow!” or “Haha!” has been scripted in advance. At one point Drax, an elaborately tattooed space dude played by former pro wrestler Dave Bautista, announces, “I have famously huge turds!” and laughs heartily at his own pronouncement, just in case we can't be trusted to get a poo-poo joke. This is a movie that praises viewers for being cool enough to show up and then proceeds to insult them—but only ironically, see?

Also I guess that confirms that the lame turd joke that they showed at the Kids' Choice Awards is in the final cut. I remember all the MCUcks doing damage control claiming it was dubbed in just for that clip.
>>
>>82023670
I'm actually curious what the characters are like in the comics as I haven't read any of them. What should these movies be like instead? For the record I didn't like GOTG2 at all.
>>
Is The Rock gonna make Vin BTFO of this franchise as well?
>>
The lighting in this movie was one of the worst I've seen in a big budget movie. It makes everything look like what it really is: a sound stage wallpapered with blue/green screens.

Poor Karen Gillian, she is going to be the one to pick on. I guess the only direction she got was "snarl loudly".
>>
>>82025199
I saw him too, but I doubt they went through his paycheck just to have 5 seconds of him dance in "ebin giffable bubble" credits
I have to wonder what was cut from the movie
>>
Yondu is the best part of this moive.

I was just glad it was stand-alone and not jsut an ad for infinity wars desu.
baby-groot gag was over-played.
Rocket was really good
Kurt Russell was Kurt Russell which is a very good thing.
>>
>>82025294
>The lighting in this movie was one of the worst I've seen in a big budget movie. It makes everything look like what it really is: a sound stage wallpapered with blue/green screens.
So I'm not alone in this.
It's sad because they really nailed the Ego aesthetics and sometimes it really looks like a dreamscape, and then here and there (the cave where Gamora and Nebula fight is especially bad) the lighting is so bad it takes you out of the movie out of the general sense of 'fakeness'
Also happens in indoor scenes in Yondu's spaceship where it's even less explainable
>>
>>82025308
>David Hasselhoff was David Hasselhoff which is a very good thing.
FTFY
>>
So is Stan Lee confirmed to be a Watcher now?
>>
>>82025294
>>82025408

I really hope film producers pull back on the 100% CGI expect the characters meme, they aren't fooling anyone.
>>
gotg2 is gunns meta commentary on cbms, you just aren't intelligent enough to understand
>>
>>82025457

Just a human the watchers abducted to tell stories to They don't give him a ride home
>>
>>82025457
No, he's presented as a human informant for them, wearing a spacesuit so he can survive on the Watcher's asteroid thing. But it is implied that all the Stan Lee cameos are the one guy, telling all the stories he's witnessed to the Watchers. They walk out, bored, while he's still talking, which is a wonderful metaphor for the state of Marvel.
>>
>>82025408
It was a weird feeling. Any moment the camera panned I was expecting to see a PA or a blue screen.
>>
>>82025469
It's cheaper than building sets, it's not a trend.
>>
>>82025541

>cheaper
>quality

They will hopefully learn after this boosted trend in over-CGI.

I was hoping Mad Max would trend towards less CGI since it did well but I guess not.
>>
>>82025469
Snyder does it pretty well.
>>
>>82025572

why were you expecting that when mad max didn't break even
>>
>>82025585

The Doomsday fight was criminally bad at times and I'm a committed dc shill, I fucking hate that it looks like a lot of the sequences from the JUST trailer look exactly the same
>>
>>82025585
The point is to make everything look realistic, not make everything, even the actors, look cgi, which is what Snyder does.
>>
>>82025588

Why making shit up anon?

Budget $150 million
Box office $378.9 million
>>
>>82025629
Have to make 2.5x your budget to break even, in general. They barely did that, maybe didn't even reach it depending if even more was spent on marketing.
>>
>>82025629

Do you even know how box office works?
>>
>>82025629

if they made money it'd have been off licensing and streaming/dvds/blu rays(this is literally the only way BvS and MoS managed to be profitable)

theaters get half the ticket stub for the first 2 weeks a film is running, afterwards they get up to 3/4ths as an incentive to keep a film on screens(this is only in anglo countries and europe, in shitholes theaters get higher returns)
>>
>>82025703
>(this is literally the only way BvS and MoS managed to be profitable)

no Hollywood movie has ever been profitable
>>
>>82025174
He will be in Thor: Ragnarok.
>>
>>82021695
>taking over the galaxy is kind of pointless
>>
>>82021777
this is exactly how i felt, like its not a bad movie but it didnt build the universe in any way or provide us with new information that actually matters in the long run against thanos, besides maybe the nebula scenes. doesnt feel like its part of this bigger story like the first one did
>>
File: 11125309230590.gif (886KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
11125309230590.gif
886KB, 450x253px
/tv/ why do you still watch capeshit? Let go.
>>
I can't believe Thanos wasn't in it. For fucks sake, apart from some mentions from Nebula, nobody even acknowledges him.

If they want him to be an impactful and scary villain in infinity war they need to start having him actually doing shit in the rest of the movies, surely?
>>
>>82027845

that's what thor 3 is for, i don't really see him doing anything in black panther
>>
File: feel.jpg (32KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
32KB, 338x430px
>>82027845

>tfw Nebula wont be the one to hit the final blow on Thanos
>it will be Tony Stark sacrificing himself and blowing up his arc reactor in his chest
>>
what's the best quip?
>>
>>82028312
Taserface: "I'm sending you the location of Yondu's ship - but before I die, I want you to tell him, tell him the name of the one who sealed his fate - Taserface!"
Sovereign Officer: *beat, then stifled laughter*
>>
>>82018264
Idris Elba of course, who else?
>>
>>82028122
But nobody will beat Thanos. He's going to win and finally find peace.
>>
>>82019480
air is cold and there's no air in space so how can the air be cold?
>>
>>82025061
You're gone now and I know you're probably a newbie like all the others, but as a child I read Journey into Mystery and let me tell you, GOTG in actuality, is a lot like that. Jack Kirby had this Neolithic looking Old gods substrata and tech and architecture thing in a lot of his books. You know what I mean, the, Ancient Eternal tech thing going on, you know when Kirby was either on acid or was just ahead of the curve, you know what I mean? So incidentally, all Intergalactic or other worldly mags in especially Journey into Mystery, looked like that.

That's why, although I love me some DC, I'm excited about the otherworldly lore of the GOTG.
>>
>>82016426
>>82016469
>>82016504
>>82016540

Sounds like a meme movie, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>82016504
>creating a giant stone Pac Man

cringe
>>
>>82019275
>space isn't cold. it doesn't have a temperature.
fuck off Joe Rogan
>>
>>82030704
Because Progressive Motion of the sub atomics literally moves incessantly, but in space there's only stillness. As you atrophy, there are a billion forces literally pushing you back so there's always a kind of kinetics entering you and exiting you and so on. HOWEVER, in space, there's you, kinetically sharing your motions and you're exuding it because in space, much like in batteries, in this case instead of electricity going to a lower charge, its heat going to a place where there's no heat. Atrophy is a hell of a thing.

>>82030730
And it's going to make money. Ironically, the first GOTG was better than the force awakens. And this will probably be better than the last shiti.
>>
It might be alright, sounds like an interesting symbolism for the impact bad parents can leave on a kid's mind.

Stan Lee as a Watcher is pretty much a perfect joke to give context to his cameos. It'll be a sad sad day when we no longer get him in Marvel movies.
>>
>>82030860
Dude'll live to see Armageddon. He'll be fine until Then. There's a black dude that's 108, that still smokes and drives his decades old Chevy, and he called his wife young, even though she's 84. He eats ice cream and drinks booze every day. Dude's awesome. May God give him a billion years if Possible.

Stan will be fine.
>>
>>82021269
Dude...FUN.... LMAO!!!!!
>>
Just watched this today. It's better than the first one, some moments are too much feels.
>>
>>82025257
Wait there's a fucking turd joke in the film....

>tfw my parents will want to drag me to see this

I liked the first one, but REALLY fucking wish I could just skip this one.

I agree with this anon >>82020702
Worst era in cinematic history, which is ironic b/c there are more possibilities than ever before.... but nah, why spend $$$ on original, non-franchise films when you can watch whatever Disney shits (pun intended) out.

Only hope is from this we get another era of movies similar in quality to the 1970's, but I doubt it b/c that had more to do with the dissolving of the production code I think.
>>
>>82016504
>As Peter's power is assimilated into Ego, the seeds planted on each world bloat into a literal The Blob reference, consuming all in their path.

Please tell me more about this. I'm a stickler for The Blob, and I'm not willing to sit through the rest of the stuff you described to see it.
>>
>>82031085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj4MviyRHmQ First 30sec is the turd joke. They also make a quite a few dick jokes in the movie, it is hard to watch.
>>
>>82031242

Please. Gunn made Slither, I just want to know if this sequence is on that level.
>>
>>82031258
>tfw audiences used to flock to films like Gone with the Wind, Ben-Hur, and The Godfather

>tfw today audiences will flock to this

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>82031242
>>82031346

Ego's ultimate goal is something he calls 'The Expansion'. It involves leaving a flower native to his planet on thousands of worlds, which connects it to his being/consciousness. Ego wants to use this to seed each world with 'disappointing' life and transform it into his own matter - just as he's a living planet, he'll become every planet in the cosmos. He needs the power of two Celestials to complete his plan, which is why he bangs Peter's mom as well as thousands of other chicks from thousands of other worlds to sire one half-breed Celestial who could have enough power to help him complete The Expansion. Peter is the only one capable of wielding Ego's power, so Ego first tries to convince him to work with him, then forcibly drains his energy.

This sets off a chain reaction on every world with an alien plant. On Earth, it was planted outside a small American town, where it violently transforms into a blue blob, rapidly expanding and engulfing buildings, people and vehicles very much like the old movies (not as gory as the remake though, you don't see people actually get eaten, but people definitely do die). You also see similar situations on other planets, including Xandar. It's all CGI, but it's a very clear reference to The Blob. They're able to kill Ego before the Blobs on each world spread too far, but it eats about half that town on Earth before it stops.
>>
>>82031488

Thank you.
>>
Watched it yesterday, very entertaining but the plot is weak. 8.5/10
>>
>>82016540
>the Sovereign hatch Adam Warlock to hunt the Guardians.

BEST FUCKING MOVIE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

FUCK DC WE HAVE ADAM WARLOCK
>>
File: Marvel spacekino.jpg (98KB, 736x410px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel spacekino.jpg
98KB, 736x410px
Soon
>>
>>82016426
>RT % - 85%
>average rating - 7.1/10

This after 60 reviews -- for a Marvel film that ain't good.

So.... will it keep going lower? Or will Disney pay off some critics to bring it up/keep it in the 80's like they did with Antman (which was almost Rotten before the American 'critics' started posting 'reviews')?
>>
But let me guess, this will still be better than Man of Steel.

Fuck RT.
>>
>>82019275
>>82019480
>>82019783
>>82030846

I'm late to the party as usual, but he's right:

https://www.universetoday.com/77070/how-cold-is-space/

>Let’s look close to home, in orbit around the planet, at the International Space Station.
>A piece of bare metal in space, under constant sunlight can get as hot as two-hundred-sixty (260) degrees Celsius. This is dangerous to astronauts who have to work outside the station.
>If they need to handle bare metal, they wrap it in special coatings or blankets to protect themselves.
>And yet, in the shade, an object will cool down to below -100 degrees Celsius.
>>
No camrips yet?

Is Mantis hot in this movie
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1022KB, 245x189px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1022KB, 245x189px
Super hero movies
>>
>>82033995
But MoS was boring.
>>
File: 228.jpg (180KB, 492x555px) Image search: [Google]
228.jpg
180KB, 492x555px
>>82035471
>Non-Japanese Super Hero media
>>
>>82027933
Thor 3 might at best have a post credits scene of him.
>>
>>82019480
He's right. The only reason space "has" a "temperature" is because it's filled with EM radiation that heats up objects that absorb it.
>>
>GoTG 2 has the same tone as Infinity War...
>t. James 'Memey' Gunn

top fucking kek, its dead Jim...
>>
>>82016540
Uatu isn't in it, they're just random watchers.
>>
File: C8RA-tWVwAEJp4I.jpg (203KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
C8RA-tWVwAEJp4I.jpg
203KB, 1200x600px
>>82021021
It was because they wanted to develop a potential bi-coastal Marvel attraction on the cheap and Guardians is one of the few things that can be used in Florida for not falling under Universal's contract.

What happened besides the backlash was that Disney's Hollywood Studios cannot fucking afford to close the Tower of Terror in the midst of all the renovation work going on elsewhere in the park because you can literally count the number of operational rides in that park on one hand.

Guardians is still coming to Florida in some form though, supposedly being shoved into Epcot as a rollercoaster replacing the Universe of Energy. Even though the solution for a quickie GOTG ride is fucking obvious.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.