[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your honest opinions on this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: bowling-for-columbine_quad.jpg (36KB, 369x280px) Image search: [Google]
bowling-for-columbine_quad.jpg
36KB, 369x280px
What are your honest opinions on this movie?
>>
>>82016338

An entertaining movie that is ultimately pretty shitty and part of Moore's harmful campaign to negatively impact the art of documentary films
>>
>4 minute long cartoon about white people ruining everything for peaceful natives for some reason
>blames gun laws and bullying instead of poor mental health
>interviews Marilyn Manson just for star appeal
Moore gives documentary makes a bad name
>>
>>82016338
>gun sales all time high in America
I think he failed nigga.
>>
>>82016338
garbage libshit
>>
The interview with Marilyn Manson was good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGYFRzf2Xww
this is very relevant to the Columbine shootings and needed to be in the movie.
>>
>>82016338
Anti-gun propoganda.
>>
>>82016338
It's very well made documentary propaganda piece, much like Triumph of the Will or Man with a Movie Camera. Of course those two films are much greater than anything that transitioning faggot Moore could ever muster
>>
>>82016338
Roger & Me >>>> Bowling for Columbine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fahrenheit 9/11
>>
>>82016338
Pure Kino
and anyone who disagrees is a horse cock sucking faggot.
>>
the James Nichols interview was pure kino

>Well... there's wackos out there.
>>
>>82016338
He's invited to my bar for a free drink.
>>
>>82016829
>Roger & Me
This.

Before Moore became too full of himself, he actually tackled some of the inherent issues in our capitalist system without being dildo about it.

Then BFC saw him drift toward 'le whites are evil', 'conservatives are the devil' a bit but still was overall okay.

I didnt watch F9/11
>>
>interview with Trey Parker & Matt Stone
>immediately cut to animated bit, leading the audience believe it's a South Park production and lend credence to the message

This is the sole reason they destroyed him in Team America

Moore's a master manipulator and propaganda artist but a shit documentarian
>>
even if you don't like moore's politics, he's a master at putting forth his argument, which is half the point of his documentaries. they're well-crafted, good song usage, great editing, etc

then you get shit like dinesh dsouza which is an absolute embarrassment to the genre and i hate shillary. i don't understand how right-wingers don't have a single counterpart to moore, then again they'd probably waste their time trying to argue that global warming isn't real or something
>>
It wasn't as good as Roger and Me.
Moore used to do some nice trolling.
>>
>>82016725

This is what people who haven't seen it say. Its far FAR more anti-violence in the media. It comes at guns and ammo access in america cause americans are so adamant not to give it up, even though they're shown to less responsible with such access than other countries.
>>
>>82021500
The thing is that Moore cleverly made the argument against the violent paranoia that prevails in our society while sitting back and letting the movie be summed up as anti-gun. This worked out very well for him because nobody can refute an argument that he never makes.
>>
>>82020993
I never subscribed to that. I didn't think it was done by Parker and Stone at all, couldn't understand why other people did
>>
pretty bland IMHO
the manson interview was pretty based though, considering I kind of agreed with the media at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYApo2d8o_A
>>
>>82021674

Yeah I was curious about that and checked it out, the animated segment is in a completely different part of the movie than the interview, easily 15 minutes after it. People were just stupid and assumed they did it, then they blamed that happening on Moore.
>>
>>82021127
>i don't understand how right-wingers don't have a single counterpart to moore
It's because you have to be capable of taking off your own ideological lenses for just a moment in order to reach other people. Conservatives are rather worse at this than liberals, though obviously extremists on both ends are completely hopeless.
>>
File: black firearms deaths.png (25KB, 597x441px) Image search: [Google]
black firearms deaths.png
25KB, 597x441px
>>82021500
out problem is literally niggers
>>
>>82021554

Oh yea, people basically promoted the movie for him because the NRA felt it mocked them. Moore may be a liberal, but god damn is he ever a rich one that likes his money.
>>
>>82016338
Pure ideology
>>
Moore makes entertaining docs. Don't always believe what he's selling but it's always put together well.
>>
>>82016550
>for some reason

Its reasoning was to claim that people who support the second amendment are really just white racists who fear that without their guns black people and Indians will get their revenge.
>>
>>82016655
It's even better when you notice they intentionally have this segment right after interviewing one of the guys behind South Park to make the viewer think they actually created it.
>>
>>82016338
>blaming Kmart for the tragedy
>>
It shows how stupid people can get when trying to explain something so nonsensical and terrible, but it fails horribly at showing why muh guns is a better explanation. Basically just a more subtle scheme to use this shit as an excuse to move a retarded agenda.
>>
>>82022240
It's even better when you know that one of the creators is a member of the NRA.
>>
>>82016550
>>blames gun laws and bullying instead of poor mental health
Which itself was debunked: Harris was a psychopath, and Klebold was his willing lackey.
>>
>>82021977
america doesn't have a gun problem, it has a nigger problem.
>>
>>82016338

Elephant was a much better Columbine film.
>>
>>82024422
But where do they get the guns? They can't all be stolen.
>>
There's a fuckton of lines that draw a link between social alienation and a need for gun control, but Moore is an egotistical hack-fraud who couldn't convey how to make cereal without being smug.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.