[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't watched this ever. Is it any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Haven't watched this ever. Is it any good?
>>
first 5-6 seasons are really good, it peaked when they did the train job.
>>
>>82009949
Season 1-6 are kino
Season 7 is meh
The films vary but are generally good
Season 8 and 9 are meh
Season 10 is dogshit
Season 11 was surprisingly pretty decent
Avoid the Europe tour spinoff like the plague
>>
it's way better than anything named "Trailer Park Boys" has any right to be

I'm not especially crazy about it. I get why some people love it, but I can't say I find it super hilarious.

the heterogeneous mix of slapped-together and well-crafted is very compelling. you can tell that there's some skill and effort put into the show, but you can also tell that it's a shoestring, home-grown, cliquey thing.
>>
>>82010065
Hit the nail on the head.
Their live shows are cringey as fuck.
Didnt really enjoy the Swearnet movie either.
Was pleasantly surprised about season 11, was sure the seasons were going downhill after 10.

I like the movies a lot, they have some great Lahey moments.
>>
>amazing improv comedy
>great actors
>low budget comfiness (earlier seasons)
>touching moments
>john dunsworth

great show, not really laugh out loud funny consistently, but has some great lovable characters who, despite their drug use and language, make you care about their plight by the end of each episode
>>
season 6 is where it shits the bed
Haven't even watched the new seasons
>>
The first two seasons are so fucking funny. The realism in the actor's performances carries it.
>>
>>82010065
Season 11 I felt was a movement in the right direction. Getting back to its roots.
>>
>>82010085
Seriously. I grew up with it, really only remembering or enjoying the cartoon aspects of it. I recently rewatched S04 and S05, and while the former really is just cartoonish, S05 is overall a really dark character study. The quality of writing surprised me.
>>
>>82011445
Yeah, I really enjoyed Season 11. The only thing that really sullied it at all was the absence of J-Roc, but we knew about that months ago so had time to come to terms with that fact.

Hopefully Johnathan Torrens will come back at some point, if only to give J-Roc a real send-off instead of just saying he's "on tour".
>>
>>82011445
They introduced a funny new character, which is not something I ever thought would happen.
>>
File: 1468439491308.jpg (420KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468439491308.jpg
420KB, 1920x1080px
>>82011494
fuck julian has grown old. this scene was almost bizarre, he doesn't look like himself in this one.
>>
Its like a live action cartoon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.