[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a new non-serialized science fiction adventure series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: fd78355c87422642c3209928db608c1d.jpg (232KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fd78355c87422642c3209928db608c1d.jpg
232KB, 1920x1200px
I want a new non-serialized science fiction adventure series. Is that too much to ask for? Not that I dislike the continuous stories of today, but I just want a comfy villain-of-the-week show. The only thing on air right now is Doctor Who. Star Trek Discovery is probably gonna be serialized, and it's probably gonna suck. Why are police procedurals so popular but I can't get a single space adventure series?
>>
>>82007440

Fringe filled that niche really well for a while.
>>
Waiting around for new Black Mirror like everyone else
>>
File: poipoinb[1].jpg (242KB, 1264x711px) Image search: [Google]
poipoinb[1].jpg
242KB, 1264x711px
The closest there's been that I know is Person of Interest but that was stealth-serialised in that it was presented as a police-ish procedural elements but by half way through it's full cyberpunk government conspiracy story. Great show though. Pretty much the same deal with Fringe which would be my #2 spot.

I honestly prefer the story stuff though, it makes it more cohesive and I like to think a story is going somewhere instead of just circling the drain its whole life.

The whole reason we had procedurals and monsters of the week was because of the old style of broadcast TV that wouldn't be repeated and necessitated the ability for someone to jump in anywhere, but that's not the world we live in any more.
>>
>>82007904
>police-ish procedural elements
I don't know how I fucked this up so badly

police-ish procedural with sci-fi elements*
>>
>>82007472
What happened in Fringe? I quit 2 season before the end.

Did Walt Jr and Dunham ever fuck?
>>
File: sg-1____.jpg (97KB, 498x743px) Image search: [Google]
sg-1____.jpg
97KB, 498x743px
I'd love a show like that too, but with at least some plot progression. Stargate SG-1 was perfect in that regard - a lot of its episodes were self contained, but some were necessary to watch to understand plot progression.

Villain of the week can be great, but you can't do a hard reset every time, or it just becomes boring and predictable.
>>
>>82008052
Why would you want a spoiler like that? It's a great show, you should watch it. They lost their way a bit in season 4 but season 5 was brilliant and tied it all up perfectly.

They had a kid at the end of season 4
>>
File: 1_01 (149)_jpg.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1_01 (149)_jpg.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>82007440
>non-serialized science fiction adventure series
>ywn watch the first season of farscape for the first time ever again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXVp25ckrL
>>
>>82008617
Does that mean Farscape never develops a story? I really enjoyed it so I've been taking my time with it and I'm up to episode 14 but I was hoping it was going somewhere >>82007904
>>
File: 960.jpg (46KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
46KB, 960x540px
>>82008686
It does develop and become serialised at the end of season 1, however there are still standalone episodes throughout like crackers don't matter which was great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXVp25ckrL0
>>
Sci-fi bump
>>
>>82010130
Is there any chance at all in Cameron talking with Friedman about a continuation of TSCC?
Is Claudia Black ever going to look young again?
Is she ever going to look young again and be on the main cast of another adventurous scifi show?
Will Jodelle grow up to play an adult role in a refreshingly new crew on a ship scifi show but with an even bigger twist and $5m per episode?
Will Alexa Davalos ever look as young as she did in Angel again?
Will Cara Gee wear raccoon eyeshadow and get a role as a caring mother in a scifi show who wears goggles loose around her head on top of a battered peaked cap?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.