[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image_1484766302_7922252.jpg (45KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
image_1484766302_7922252.jpg
45KB, 625x415px
Which one was better?
>>
Carrey, though I really liked NPH's Captain Sham.
The movie is legit kino though, whilst the show is just decent.
>>
>>82003803
Nah. This meme needs to die.
>>
>>82003639
That the guy from Malcolm in the Middle?
>>
>>82003844
Which part of my post is a meme?
>>
File: Violet Baudelaire.jpg (252KB, 690x470px) Image search: [Google]
Violet Baudelaire.jpg
252KB, 690x470px
>>82003639
Which one was better?
>>
Carey was a better Olaf.
NPH was a better "acting" Olaf.
>>
>>82004158

Left all the way

We're talking about the baby, right?
>>
>>82003803
Totally the best Captain Sham.

>>82004158
Violet is waifu no matter what version.
>>
>>82003803
>Carrey, though I really liked NPH's Captain Sham.
I could agree with this. NPH can't touch Carrey's performance for the most part.
>>
>>82004158
>>82003639
They really wanted the characters to look like the movie didn't they? Very few TV adaptions/spinoffs even bother.
>>
>>82004158

TV Violet. Movie Violet was boring. TV Violet is clever and witty. Plus, Emily Browning can't act.
>>
>>82004701
Maybe not but she looked absolutely stunning in the movie. In fact the whole aesthetic of that film was sumptuous.
>>
>>82004158
Emily browning, why is this even a question?

Also, the show sucks and nph is too far up his own ass to be enjoyable.
Combine this with the way way way over the top 'snappy' and 'witty' lines, the completely unlikeable characters and the disgusting smugness that the show wallows in and you've got a real shit show.
>>
>>82005733
Just compare this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsIYleoAQpY
with this scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3OngfRbCsY

And people actually say the movie is terrible compared to the show...
>>
>>82005938
Does anyone actually say it's terrible in comparison? The worst I see is that people just say it's 'not as good' which isn't quite the same thing.
>>
>>82003844
that's an oddly specific meme you're talking about anon
>>
>>82003639
NPH is one of the most underwhelming actors that gets too much credit because he's gay. He was absolutely terrible as Hedwig, he sucked in this role, he's only good on meme tv shows.
>>
>>82006180
When it first aired I saw people saying it. Thye thought the show was more true to the books, and that the movie is bad because it doesn't completely follow the books.
I mean, this ending isn't in line with the books, but you can't deny it's fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TAZ3JrQNs
Though maybe the over-exaggerated hate for the movie has died down. I don't really see it being discussed anymore.
>>
>>82006678
I love the movie to bits, sure it doesn't adhere to the books as rigidly as the TV series but it's wonderful nonetheless and considering the way the books are, you can imagine Snicket prefacing the movie with; "This is the story you already know, except that it isn't. That is to say, the universe is full of parallels and although many of them are, to all intents and purposes, exactly the same in their boring greyness, in each one there are ripples and eddies of minute variation that make their colors worthy of examination in their own right."
>>
>>82007267
I remember snicket shittalking the movie to anyone that'd say shit and I remember /tv/ never giving a fuck about the movie except as occasional fap to violet. But I guess since some tumble bitches like the tv show better than the movie now /tv/s contrarian asses gotta suck the movies dick.
>>
>>82005938
Holy shit the TV scene looks fucking retarded. Is the rest of the show that level of "laughable, but for the complete wrong reasons"?
>>
>>82008930

Bretty campy, comfy, and fun but can get really depressing when it needs to be. See musical numbers (there's like 5 of them) below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czqhyVGdYiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs96Ksod88M
>>
File: blackguyquestioningthings.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
blackguyquestioningthings.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>82004616
>TV adaptions/spinoffs even bother
>>
>>82003844
>Nah
u have 2 go back
>>
>>82004158
Browning's DSLs have the edge
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.