[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANON REVIEWS GOTG2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

I just marathoned pic related at my local kïnòcenter, thought I would give my impressions w/o spoilers

PROS:
>villain is better than first movie
>visually stunning
>better characterisation and character arcs, even get some father/son feels
>higher stakes
>doesn't rely on MCU thanos interconnected shit, stands on its own similar to Doctor Strange
>"fun" movie
>better easter eggs for /co/fags than first film
>comedy is less "quippy" like avengers and more like actual comedy with setups and callbacks
>yondu is a beast
>great soundtrack, and it was utilised very well, not all songs used once and thrown away

CONS:
>A LOT of comedy, some serious situations have their tone ruined by jokes
>seriously, this is a comedy sci-fi movie, if you don't like comedic capeshit then this won't be for you
>the team is broken up for most of the movie. allows for characters to be fleshed out more, but less group chemistry
>too many baby groot "cute" scenes. the baby groot character is probably the most tiresome character

Despite enjoying it, I probably would not watch it again alone; it's the kind of film that's very entertaining in a cinema environment with people laughing at the jokes and enjoying themselves. I imagine the comedy would start to become awkward and cringey if I were to watch it alone, kinda like how a laugh track can improve sitcoms.

In summary, I would probably rate this higher than the first film because it works with characters that the previous film already worked to establish, so you already care about the characters going in, which allows the film more freedom. However, while I watched the first film a few times, I relied too heavily on the live laugh track in the cinema to enjoy the obsessive, sometimes tone-ruining comedy. It's a fun movie, worth seeing in a cinema with others, but kino it is not.

Can also give spoilers if anyone wants them
>>
Can also answer any questions people have
>>
Sounds like the best capeshit will continue to be batman vs superman dawn of justice.
>>
Which 80s song will be suddenly so popular and cool to listen?
>>
>>81992213
Do they get proper uniforms/group costumes?

Any Adam Warlock hints?

Is Meme-Lord still a giant manchild or more study as a leader?

Does it really feel like ""filler""?

Is the Ego dick joke from SDCC in the final cut?
>>
>>81992267
Kek
>>
Any clues for Infinity War and Guardians arrival to earth?
>>
>>81992213
What country are you in where this movie is already out?
>>
>>81992359
probably a subhuman third world country like Philippines
>>
File: Rat Tricks.png (198KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
Rat Tricks.png
198KB, 500x534px
>>81992213

So...

Do they reference and/or bring back Howard the duck in any way, shape, or form?
>>
>>81992315
Sort of.

Yes.

More mature but still kinda' manchild-y.

I guess so in the sense it doesn't advance the Infinity War subplot.

>>81992347
Nope.

>>81992397
Yep.
>>
>>81992359
not OP but film is out in Australia today. Actually releases tomorrow (25th) but there's showings tonight on the 24th. NZ too.
>>
>>81992311
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

>>81992315
the ravagers have a uniform, the GOTG do not

yes

he's less manchild in this one, but not necessarily more leader-like

not really, there are events that affect earth and the rest of the galaxy simultaneously

yes, and its cringey as fuck. he tells drax that his penis isnt half bad

>>81992347
no, it feels more like Doctor Strange where it doesnt feel very connected to Thanos or the Infinity Stones

>>81992359
>>81992391
Close, Australia

>>81992397
Yes, he has dialogue too
>>
Did the psychiatric hospital take you there as a special treat?
>>
What happens to the gold lady and the mutinity Ravagers once Ego takes over as the main villain?

What's Stallone's role?
>>
Does Yondu leave to pick daisies or is he alive and dandy?
Does he fucking die or not
>>
>>81992472

Mutiny Ravagers all die when Yondu and Rocket escape, Gold Lady returns in the climax
>>
>>81992213
The movie sucked. There were literally 20 different muh feelings moments in the last third and they were all shit
>>
>>81992472
Gold Lady tracks the GOTG down and sends in another fleet while they're trying to destroy Ego, forcing them to deal with both threats at once. Mutiny ravagers get raped by Yondu's OP arrow when Rocket, Groot and Yondu escape the ravager ship

Stallone plays one of the higher-ups of all Ravagers; there are 100 Ravager groups and it seemed like he was some kind of authority

>>81992524
He dies anon, I'm sorry. I was fucking mad too, there were strong father/son feels when he sacrifices himself and Star-Lord realizes Yondu was his true father all along; not by blood, but by merit
>>
>>81992524
Yes.
>>
>>81992430
>The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
That's already popular though, even if people only know it as the Formula 1 song. Also it deserves it, Rumours is one of the best albums of all times.
>>
What's the best joke and the best action scene?

Does the blue cyborg lady join the team?

Does Meme-lord finally tap the green chick?
>>
File: 1459370938522.gif (400KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459370938522.gif
400KB, 960x540px
>>81992213
>>too many baby groot "cute" scenes

Disney gotta sell them toys
>>
>>81992213
post all the post credit scenes, if you please my good anon.
>>
Does Cosmo the spacedog return?
>>
File: 1476802210719.gif (530KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1476802210719.gif
530KB, 500x275px
>>81992618
>those spoilers
This movie will emotionally fuck me won't it
Please tell me they don't screw it up with a quip
>>
>>81992659
Not as popular as it will be
It starts playing when Quill is summoning the willpower and has a Dragon Ball Z air battle with his father who is basically a god

Also Mr Blue Sky by ELO but that one is already pretty popular

>>81992660
Can't really say, there were A LOT of jokes, but most of them are decent. Only a few fall flat or outstay their welcome. Best action scene is probably either Yondu killing every single ravager and then destroying the whole ship with an upgraded arrow or Star-Lord, with his newly discovered god powers, has a superpowered fight with his god father

She doesn't in the end, but she's not enemies with them now, will definitely return as an ally to fight thanos

No, but they both acknowledge that they have feelings for each other

>>81992747
Mostly they don't, but once or twice they lightened the mood when it didn't need to be
>>
>>81992807
>Also Mr Blue Sky by ELO
>not something from ANWR
>>
>>81992807
>It starts playing when Quill is summoning the willpower and has a Dragon Ball Z air battle with his father who is basically a god
Okay fuck me I love cheesy shit like this and this sounds fucking sick
I'll have to watch it now
>>
>>81992686
Here are all post-credit scenes

Yondu's ravager friend who stays with the GOTG is shown with Yondu's fin attached to his head, trying to get the hang of Yondu's arrow. Ends up stabbing Drax with it who is in another room, and he screams comedically

Star-Lord walks in on a teenager Groot with vines everywhere, and hes playing a handheld game. SL gives him a lecture about cleaning his room, Groot acts like a moody teen

Golden Lady says she has created something that will destroy the Guardians, says its the next step in their evolution, camera shows a cocoon and she says its called "Adam"

Sylvester Stallone's ravager leader character is shown in a meeting with other ravager leaders, saying "its a shame it took Yondus death for us to get together again" and the group looks like another GOTG with some quirky looking characters. wouldn't be surprised if they did more with a Stallone-led team

Stan Lee is shown speaking with three Watchers, they walk off and he says "wait guys you're my ride home! i have so many more stories to tell, wait!" meaning its meant to actually be stan lee
>>
>>81992716
No, I'm afraid not. There's a picture of him in the credits though, and Howard the Duck gets an appearance and dialogue
>>
>>81993020
thanks.
>>
>>81993020
>post-credit scenes
this has to stop
>>
>>81993589
Only one of the scenes is from after the credits, the others are sprinkled in during the credits just to break up the huge walls of text. It's handled better than other movies that make you sit through the entire boring ass credits for a single scene
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.