[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Underrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 51M8YHT2JFL._SY445_.jpg (42KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
51M8YHT2JFL._SY445_.jpg
42KB, 312x445px
ITT: Underrated
>>
the demolition character was great
really, all the characters were great, despite them being total archetypes
>>
>>81985341
good cast of voice actors that sell the characters imo
>>
>>81985250
Hidden kino
>>
File: treasureplanet.jpg (867KB, 2000x2818px) Image search: [Google]
treasureplanet.jpg
867KB, 2000x2818px
>>81985250
this
also the road to eldorado
and prince of egypt
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (204KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
204KB, 630x1200px
Nobody ever mention this when talking about studio ghibli or miyazaki. But it gave me "fellowship of the ring -tier" comfy feelings
>>
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST CARTOONS ON /TV/
>>
Supposedly lifted from Nadia Secret of Blue Water.
>>
>>81985561
at least they left behind the terrible Africa arc
>>
>>81985561
and stargate.
>>
>>81985500
This wasn't 'good' but it didn't really seem worse to me than other children's cartoon movies. Outside of a few great ones like shrek I don't really understand how critics decide which cartoons are heartfelt adventures for the whole family vs generic paint by numbers plots tying cliche emotional moments together.
>>
File: FEgSzma.gif (2MB, 299x348px) Image search: [Google]
FEgSzma.gif
2MB, 299x348px
>>81985523
partially because the movie completely massacres the story of the books which the story was based off of--The Tales of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin which are famous in their own right in literary circles.

The LOTR series was very true to the books by and large, whereas this was so different as to raise the question "why refer to the books at all?" All in all a frustrating watch. Though I only saw it the once when I was maybe 15, so I might give it a watch and see how my perceptions have changed.
>>
>>
File: glare.png (114KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
glare.png
114KB, 511x511px
>>81985250
>caring about the ratings of critics when all reviewers should be executed
>once my world order of no movie reviewers comes to pass there will be no such thing as underrated or overrrated movies
>>
>>81985632
>he doesn't think treasure planet is pure animated K I N O

BAKA
>>
>>81985250

All Disney movies from Dinosaur to Brother Bear desu.
>>
this and treasure planet are my favorite disney movies. I remember sitting on the couch when I was like 4 watching these on vcr
>>
File: 1483220005857.jpg (1MB, 1920x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1483220005857.jpg
1MB, 1920x1340px
They had the guy who wrote klingon to make their language. They had motherfucking Mignola. They made the only good dieselpunk besides Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow and Talespin.
What's not to love.
>>
fantastic soundtrack too
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.