[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just marathoned this, what did I think of it /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: spook.jpg (29KB, 300x447px) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
29KB, 300x447px
Just marathoned this, what did I think of it /tv/?
>>
>>81979148
you thought The Void was better
>>
You thought it was a garbage film remembered exclusively for its brilliant marketing.
>>
>>81979148
you were excited to see the very first successful viral marketing campaign
>>
>>81979148

How the fuck should we know?
>>
One of the best horror films ever made.
>>
>>81979302
>>81979268
I saw it for the first time at least a decade after it came out. Chilled me to the absolute bone. It's actually a really good movie.
>>
>>81979268
It wasn't THAT bad, dude. It's still a pretty decent flick even if you take away the viral shit.

It definitely isn't a 10/10. Probably a 6/10, a 7/10 back then
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSoXLCTjnTI
>>
Only watched once when drinking, but I liked it. The actors were believable, and the setting hits close to home (not geographically; rather, the woods are an ubiquitous source of dread). It was not a particularly scary movie, especially taking into account the hype.
>>
>>81980609
>the house at the end of the movie wasn't real and had already burned down

Neat. I think I used to know that but I forgot.
>>
>>81979148
A movie that has not aged very well, but is still very good, especially since it's probably still the best of the found footage genre.
>>
>>81980799
That video is cool just because they went there so soon after filming was completed.
>>
>>81979148
one of the best movies ever made

only found footage movie that feels real aside from cannibal holocaust
>>
>>81979148

I love this film and I saw it for the first time 2 years ago. I could only imagine how great it was seeing this when it came out.
>>
>>81980862
for that reason, and their extensive knowledge, some of which I had heard before, and some of which I hadn't.
>>
>>81979268
Nope. This is the meme answer.
Blair Witch has an insanely good atmosphere and wonderfully naturally dialogue and realistic characters. Those are its strengths. And considering that it's a horror movie, those are really good things to be strong on.
>>
>>81981040
It also had dignity. It created an entire mythos and had the balls to not show you one ounce of proof for any of it. That, in my opinion, is the films greatest achievement.
>>
File: 1476389100947.jpg (86KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
1476389100947.jpg
86KB, 640x630px
>be 1999, be 11
>go to movies with grandma, this will be fun
>Anon, lets go see blair witch, it will be spooky!
>okay!
>frozen to the seat in fear, too afraid to even try to say i want to go or get up for the bathroom, just paralyzed
>probably had mild panic attack or something

fuck you grandma, im glad i accidentally hit you in the eye with that gulf club. do they still let kids in to see that kinda stuff, fuck
>>
>>81981719
yeah. my mom took me and a friend to see the ring in theaters. shit scared the fuck out of me.
>>
>>81979148

Was pretty terrifying when i was released. It's been parodied and copied too many times. Definitely a horror classic
>>
File: 1326017808997.jpg (35KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1326017808997.jpg
35KB, 407x482px
>>81981719
>>81981758
>go to see I Am Legend with my mum
>she screams loudly at every "jumpscare"
>whole cinema turns in their seat and stare daggers at her
>>
>>81981127
>>81981040
Agree 100%

It came out just in time though, any later and it would have been panned. The internet was still fairly new to the mainstream back then and no strong tools existed to disprove/research it so skeptics actually had to do work to confirm their suspicions. Had it come out any later people would be calling bullshit left and right, which is why many of the younger audiences today who view it instantly pass it off as crap. Late 90's/early 00's were comfy, I wish I could go back.
>>
>>81979148
you marathoned a single movie?
>>
>>81982007
It was the comfiest time on Earth.
>>
>>81979148
>Marathoned

Are you really that autistic that just watching a movie straight through is something you have to brag about
>>
>>81979148
Well OP my man, you're probably wondering why they didn't just burn down the forest.
>>
>>81980922
Back then I had never used the internet and had never owned a computer, so without any proper method of researching I actually thought it was real. Especially after I saw the documentary they made. I'll never experience getting creeped out by a horror film like that again.
>>
>>81979148

I liked it when I saw it when it came out, but I can never forgive it for starting the "found footage" trend.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>81983700
Tangironic
>>
>>81980504
________________________________________________________________________________________ Yep ___________________________________________________________
>>
File: Lastbroadcast.jpg (80KB, 334x475px) Image search: [Google]
Lastbroadcast.jpg
80KB, 334x475px
>>81979148

You thought it was the first ''found footage'' movie with ''hand held'' type cinematography, but now you wanna watch the one that was actually the first.
>>
>>81979148
A bear did it?
>>
>>81987812
That's far from the first. There's also Cannibal Holocaust, among other things.
>>
>>81979148
it was a meme movie, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>81982502
Just marathoned your comment and I must say the tone is a bit negative.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.