[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Late "La La Land" Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: La La Land.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
La La Land.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
So I finally got to watch this movie yesterday. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a great film that should have beat "Moonlight". However, the main issue I wanted to discuss in this thread is that I felt that Mia was something of a villain in the film. If it were not for Mia, Sebastian wouldn't have felt forced to join John Legend's band. As is shown by Mia's fantasy at the end of the film, it was this specific event that would lead to the eventual degeneration of Mia and Seb's relationship. Also, I felt that Mia was something of a gold digger, demonstrated by the fact that she ditched Sebastian as soon as she got to Paris. I still loved the movie though, and I thought the fantasy and ending were absolutely beautiful and wonderfully done. Also, the score was great.
>>
Also I'm sorry for not marking off spoilers, I've never posted before.
>>
>>81975277
It's not a romantic comedy nor does it claim to be. It's a movie about two different people who are in pursuit of their own respective aspirations and how when you live that way everything else in your life takes the backseat. It was the pursuit of their fantasies that brought them together and the movie ended by showing they could only be together in dreams.
>>
>>81975277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
It was just pretty stupid. good songs, charming dance numbers, horrible generic plot
>>
>>81975277
She was absolutely the bad guy. She didn't have to leave him since she married some guy anyway. Ruined the whole movie for me

>>81975529
>good songs
No. They were generic shit that nobody will remember in a year

Dance numbers were well done, though
>>
>>81975472
I'm aware it's a drama, but I was expecting it to have a happy ending for some reason or other.
>>81975529
I don't think that plot is really all that important in film or literature. Examples would be Blood Meridian or Yellow Submarine
>>
>>81975727
>Yellow Submarine
The plot was the best part of that.

>Blue Meanies take over Pepperland
>The Beatles are summoned to help
>Go on adventure through the Sea of Holes, Sea of Time, etc.
>Find Jeremy, the nowhere man, who joins them on their quest
>They get back to Pepperland and rescue Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
>Defeat the Blue Meanies with the power of love

Great movie by great screenwriter/novelist
>>
>>81975529
you have it the other way around
music and dance were shit while the generic romance plot they told was exceptionally well done
>>
>>81975277
That color is so satisfying to me for some reason. Can someone please figure out what rgb or hex code it is?
>>
>>81976045
I thought the plot was pointless, yet I loved the movie.
>>81976218
I don't know famalam
>>
>>81975277
>flew right over your head
Its literally follow your dreams the movie
>>
>>81976218

HTML code: #58BFBC
RGB code: R: 88 G: 191 B: 188
HSV: 178.25° 53.93% 74.9%
>>
>>81976462
I disagree, I felt that the film was at best ambivalent about whether following your dreams is worth if it costs something very valuable to you.
>>
>>81976615
I like musicals but 2+ hours is a bit too much for a musical imho.
>>
>>81975727
well then you are retarded. A simple plot =/= bad, are you one of those retards that think Mad Max was good DESPITE the story? Your examples are both quality works with good plots as well so....
>>81976118
no I have it the right way actually
>>
Absolutely, same thing with Zooey's character in (500) Days of Summer. All women are whores and villains and not at all just people making various decisions and mistakes while stories play out around that. You don't at all sound like someone who's never been in a fucking relationship or interacted with human beings.
>>
I don't want to repeat the "soulless" meme, because I enjoyed the interactions between the goose and the frog, and some of the musical numbers were fun, but holy shit, there was no impactful conflict here at all. They were supposed to be struggling but the movie is so fucking lighthearted and you never get any sort of idea that they can't afford their rent or motivation for goose to sellout like he did or anything.
>>
>>81976615
They both wanted each other to follow their dreams
>when goose cooked dinner and they get in an argument that goose man lost his path
>she knows he doesn't even like they music he plays
>she knows his real dream is for him to open up his club of traditional jazz
>he knows all she wants to do is make it big and become a star
>"go all out"
>in the end they might not ended up together but they both ended up doing what they really wanted
>>
>>81975328
where did you come from
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.