[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Disney kill Star Wars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: star-wars-disney.jpg (30KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-disney.jpg
30KB, 450x350px
Serious question. Has the franchise been damaged?

What would you say? Let us discuss this issue
>>
>>81971117
DUDE LE MOUSE BOOGEYMAN LMAO
PREQUELS ARE TRUE ART XD
LUCAS IS A GENIUS WHO DID NOT ALREADY KILL STAR WARS
EVERYONE WHO DISAGREE IS A SHILL XD
>>
>>81971117
No, No. I would say that Disney hasn't damaged the franchise.
>>
It's hard to damage a franchise that's already 50% garbage.

Star Wars OT is phenomenal and will always be that way. The prequels, the sequels, and whatever else will always be underwhelming additions to a great trilogy. So get over it, stop obsessively posting about Rey, and learn to live with the fact that Star Wars already "died" when RoTJ came out.
>>
>>81971117
>>81971498
Disney slaughtered Star Wars treatment of the force. It's literally the most important part of the series and now anyone, even garbage collectors need only believe in themselves and click their heels three times and they're Jedi Grand Masters.

>>81971182
No he didn't because as awful as the Prequels may have been to you and others, They were Not, The Most Anticipated Sequel in the History of movies and Film, like that bloody awful Force Awakens was. I hated a great many things I saw in the Prequels But I didn't mind them because they were not the most anticipated Sequel of All time! I hate disney in ways I can't express adequately.
>>
>>81971498
But the ending in VI is now pointless? Balance was not brought to the force?
>>
>>81971117
Nope. If anything, they saved it.

That old EU it was bogged down to was terrible aside from like the KOTOR games.
>>
>>81971636
Stop talking out of your ass, The Prequels were poorly done. The logic of the Lore Remained. You could not break rules and do the impossible, Like Rey did. Everyone Loves Rey, everyone trust Rey including the Resistance even though they just met this cunt five minutes ago. This map to Luke Was SOOOOO IMPORTANT, they trust Rey with the mission. A nobody they just met, no less. The levels of hatred I feel for the force awakens!
>>
>>81971690
Balance was brought to the force. Because George Lucas says so, Piss on everything Disney did.

>>81971700
The EU was always an exercise, nothing more. They did worse, they sank the believability the ACTUAL films Had!
>>
>>81971117
>Has the franchise been damaged?

Let's see

At the end of ep 6
>Empire defeated
>Han and Leia together
>Luke ready to restore Jedi order

Episode 7
>Empire not defeated, in fact they are strong enough that their enemy is called "resistance"
>Han and Leia separated, don't even live together
>All of Luke's students slaughtered, he doesn't even want to Jedi anymore
>>
>>81971700
The fact that that Anakin Solo thing was ever approved... or Han and Leia ever lasting as a couple. But that's still better than a lot of the other shit.
>>
The more I think about Star Wars 7, the more it pisses me off.

It undid literally everything accomplished in the originals.

> There is no longer balance to the force
> The empire has still not been defeated
> There is a new, even better death star so Luke and Lando accomplished nothing longterm
> Leia is not learning to be a Jedi
> Leia and Han are not together
> Han is back to being a somewhat sleazy smuggler
> Luke is still learning to be a Jedi
> The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless, because Anakin's redemption apparently accomplished nothing.
> It even undid little things like Luke losing his saber, which was somehow recovered from falling into an abyss
>>
Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?

How powerful is the New Order actually? They say it's the remnants of the Empire yet the Empire didn't have the means to build a Death Star the size of a planet.

What's the deal with the Republic? Who are they and why isn't Leia with them?

Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office.

Why did this movie make such a big deal out of the Republic being destroyed when we don't even know what the Republic actually was?

How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?

How could an untrained girl defeat a Sith disciple when she didn't know about the Force until 30 minutes ago and this was her first time using a lightsaber?

What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene.

Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?

Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?

Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.

What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?

Is Luke really that indifferent to the galaxy that he's willing to let four planets blow up rather than intervene himself?

Why was the Millenium Falcon so conveniently placed there? Did someone forget to take the car keys?

Why does Snoke insist on looking like a Playstation character?
>>
>>81971117
>Disney CEO is Jewish
>jews always want to destroy things
>several new movies have minority protagonists

It all makes sense.
>>
>>81971700

KOTOR was garbage.
>>
>>81971925
The first one? Maybe.

The second one is the greatest game of all time.
>>
Not yet. The only people who think the next one will flop are autists on /tv/. With them only doing a movie a year, they're not oversaturating the market with Star Wars. As opposed to their Marvel films, which release three a year most of the time.
>>
>>81972103
Transformers never flops but it's garbage, and TFA was garbage. Understand what we're saying here.
>>
No. While TFA is devoid of any originality, it's ultimate purpose was to get a new generation of children interested in the series.
They're supposed to be movies for kids.
>>
>>81971117

first time i saw the force awakens i kinda liked it.
second time i didn't even get halfway through, it feels like crappy fan fiction.
>>
They didn't kill Star Wars, since it wasn't really alive until Disney bought it and raved up their marketing machine
They're certainly mining it for all it's worth while churning out garbage and trying to shove it down as many different throats as possible, but to say they killed or damaged the franchise implies that Star Wars was at peak popularity or something before it got bought
>>
It went from artistic garbage to corporate SJW garbage.

I'll take artistic garbage anyday.
>>
>>81971882
>Why is there a resistance when the Empire is destroyed?

Because fringe activists had garnered enough support to rebuild the Empire, and the Alliance didn't want to do anything about it. The resistance is resisting Alliance hubris more than the grip of the Empire initially.

>What's the deal with the Republic? Who are they and why isn't Leia with them?
The Republic is the restored Alliance. Leia is with the Republic, but is operating outside of their law because they don't want to mobilize against the New Order.

>Why did Hux hold a speech for his men before firing the death star? It's not like they're marching to war. For the guys, it's just another day at the office
It's a demonstration of the New Order's might. It's a pretty good way to bolster your troop's morale.

>Why did this movie make such a big deal out of the Republic being destroyed when we don't even know what the Republic actually was?
We knew. See above.

>How could a stormtrooper janitor use a lightsaber efficiently to the point of holding quite well against a Sith disciple?
Stormtroopers are trained in melee combat as well. Remember "Traitor?" Also, we never see Finn performing his janitor duties, we only ever see him acting as a warrior. It's safe to assume that his off-duty jobs don't have anything to do with the level of his training.

>How could an untrained girl defeat a Sith disciple when she didn't know about the Force until 30 minutes ago and this was her first time using a lightsaber?

She's better at "Forcing" than Kylo. We're shown that Kylo is a petulant child and hasn't completed his training yet. She's a natural, and he's barely learned.

>What was the point of the aliens released in the cargo? It had no impact on the movie at all save that scene

So Han and Company needed to get off the ship and he was cornered. They established that Han was still doing his smuggler shit by this confrontation, and his smuggler shit provided a way off the vessel.
>>
File: Day of the Dead.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Day of the Dead.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>81971117
What would Bub do?
>>
It hasn't changed one bit. Just another set of the same style movies, with certain fans going through contrarian mode because they think it'll make them stand out, just like the last set of trilogies.
>>
>>81972163
Don't retort with that nonsense, it's sad. It's not about kids because they're not their largest group of viewers for this slop, it's for the nu males, the guys who never grew up. You think those conventions are filled with kids? Whereas the guys who did grow up, the guys like myself, we don't want this garbage. We allowed the Prequels because they were prequels. We wanted a competent Sequel. Not this garbage.

>Because fringe activists had garnered enough support to rebuild the Empire, and the Alliance didn't want to do anything about it.
>The resistance is resisting Alliance hubris more than the grip of the Empire initially.

There's No Fringe anything that had the resources to Put together what they did, it's all lies. In the Prequels, you know the actual canon, The Republic was the Empire! That is, all sentient Worlds were taxed to fund the Empire and the Death Star was funded by the Seperatist who didn't know that Sidious was using them for nothing more than funding his death star. He promised them lucrative contracts and controls of all Republic resources and rich worlds and in the end, he obliterated them all. Their coffers were dried to fund the separatist movement and to build the death star. Nice Try, Disney Shill.
>>
>>81971117
Dude did you know they are building a Star Wars land
Then a Star Wars hotel
You can live in there for a weekend 1000 dollars and it's like a spaceship
It lands on Star Wars land planet and you get like quests and shit
You can pick your side even and the storm troopers will know
And the droids
And a bounty hunter gets you in the cantina
I am saving my money for this experience
>>
Saved Star Wars. The Themes are more complex. More adult. Better quality directing, much better writing and cinematography and less cartoonish childish baby's first attempt at allegory with japanese space fish, jamaican rabbits and jesus vs the devil. George Lucas is a terrible terrible writer and director. He's good at plagarizing though.
>>
>>81972293
>Because fringe activists had garnered enough support to rebuild the Empire, and the Alliance didn't want to do anything about it.
>The resistance is resisting Alliance hubris more than the grip of the Empire initially.

There's No Fringe anything that had the resources to Put together what they did, it's all lies. In the Prequels, you know the actual canon, The Republic was the Empire! That is, all sentient Worlds were taxed to fund the Empire and the Death Star was funded by the Seperatist who didn't know that Sidious was using them for nothing more than funding his death star. He promised them lucrative contracts and controls of all Republic resources and rich worlds and in the end, he obliterated them all. Their coffers were dried to fund the separatist movement and to build the death star. Nice Try, Disney Shill.

>The Republic is the restored Alliance. Leia is with the Republic, but is operating outside of their law because they don't want to mobilize against the New Order.

The Republic is the Empire though, all its resources would have returned to the senate. Disney screwed it up.
>>
>>81972293
>It's a demonstration of the New Order's might. It's a pretty good way to bolster your troop's morale.

NO, it was JJ creating white right alt'ers.

>She's better at "Forcing" than Kylo. We're shown that Kylo is a petulant child and hasn't completed his training yet. She's a natural, and he's barely learned.

The only ability Ms MaRey sue should have been able to use was sense danger ability. The ability used by Anakin as a child, Younglings, and Luke when firing on the death star.

She's a mary sue and because of her ease at everything, the force has been cheapened forever. Nice try, Shill!
>>
>>81972530
It's an invasion of Disney Shills, get help, everyone, send for help, we're literally being overrun!
>>
>>81971636
Pretty much this. It's hard for Disney to damage a franchise that had already been mostly turned to shit by the EU, marketing opportunities, and the prequels. EUfags can bitch all the want, but you can't blame Disney for trying to clean up a franchise that was a convoluted mess of (mostly) garbage when they bought it.

>>81971660
>even garbage collectors need only believe in themselves and click their heels three times and they're Jedi Grand Masters.
That's always been a part of the Star Wars Universe, though. In the OT and every single single Lucas interview and piece of related media from before the prequels, force was effort-based. It was something anyone could do if they worked hard enough. George ended up changing that with midi-cholorians and force-sensitivity. Going back to the original intention isn't a bad thing, especially since it makes more sense in the context of a narrative (it's something a character can work towards).
>>
>>81971882
>Why were Finn and Poe such good friends when they met? They had spent a total of five minutes together, with four of them consisting of Poe doubting Finn's abilites.

So Poe went from almost certain death by torture to escaping thanks to one person. That can endear someone quickly.

>What was the point of Luke making it so hard to find him and why did R2D2 wake up at such a convenient time of the story?

Luke went into hiding when he failed his students and/or vice versa. Sort of makes sense when you're trying to revive the Jedi order and you fail so hard that you revive the Sith. I don't know about R2D2's timely waking, but I'd guess the map's proximity woke him or one of the 8 million spies alerted Luke that the map was completed.

>Why is the Empire still building death stars with massive weak points?
The Death Star, even though it failed twice, is a symbol of the Empire's might. It makes sense that the New Order wants a weapon which represents a succession of the old Empire. If these things were literally indestructible, there wouldn't be much of a movie

>Why is Hux leading the New Order when he looks like he's in High School? Surely there is someone with more experience than him around.

Young people make for charismatic leaders. They're also easily manipulated by the folks in control.

>What is the point of Maz? They say she's some pirate but why would someone like that be of value to a jedi like Luke?

Maz is sort of the sage advisor and introduces in the main universe the concept of people using the force, or being force-sensitive who aren't space wizards.

>Why was the Millenium Falcon so conveniently placed there? Did someone forget to take the car keys?

I don't know how Starships start, but Rey has demonstrated that she knows that shit inside and out, and has force powers, which tend to make you pretty good with mechanical shit. The Falcon is on the planet because Fatpegg swindled it off Han. They talk about it in the movie.
>>
>>81972784
But Luke had to be trained. That's the point. And even after Yoda trained him, he got his ass handed to him by Vader, and then the Emperor. On the hero's journey, you're not necessarily to win every battle, but you're to make friends, build bridges and try to work it out with former enemies and opposers.
And that was the point. George himself compared the Jedi and any force user to martial arts artist, you had to first be TRAINED, and then you could perfect your technique. The time between Empire and Return was well over a year. Luke perfected what Yoda taught him, His green saber said as much. Rey's a stinking Mary sue!
>>
>>81972655
>The only ability Ms MaRey sue should have been able to use was sense danger ability.

Nice head cannon, broseph. Anakin also blew up a capital ship alone.
>>
>>81972698
You sound like a special ed child. First is your use of the jr high buzzword of the month, "shill". Then its "everyone" and "we" as if /tv/ is your group of friends and a place you belong. We get it, you've been here all summer and wholly devoted to jr high contrarian persona.
>>
TFA is objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out to himself be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspies in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.
>>
It was "damaged" with the prequels.

Disney is just milking it for all its worth with as many spin-offs they can do.
>>
>>81972905
In the first movie, Luke was able to deflect blaster bolts blind and make a shot that a targeting computer couldn't with almost no training besides Obi-wan telling him to concentrate and use his feelings. That's what Rey did.
>>
>>81972843
>So Poe went from almost certain death by torture to escaping thanks to one person. That can endear someone quickly.

Their last discussion was Poe telling Finn the map to Luke was more important than any of them, and Finn literally wanting to walk away.

Poe disappears, with no explanation and suddenly, Hey, My buddy, how are you my friend. My long lost friend. Hatred I feel.

>Luke went into hiding when he failed his students and/or vice versa. Sort of makes sense when you're trying to revive the Jedi order and you fail so hard that you revive the Sith.
>I don't know about R2D2's timely waking, but I'd guess the map's proximity woke him or one of the 8 million spies alerted Luke that the map was completed.

Hey, let's play a little game. I'm ignoring all that B.S. about Luke and the running and all that because Piss on Disney, Jar Jar, and the dyke feminist, kennedy. And we'll address why did Kylo Ren kill everyone in the settlement before ascertaining who exactly had the map. What if the map the old guy gave to Poe was a fake? What if Poe hid the map in the ship? what if the map the old guy gave to poe was only half of the map and someone else had the other half? What if the map to Luke was damaged and the old man had seen it, wouldn't keeping him alive have made more sense until Kylo got his hands on the map? Ever seen ANH, remember when Darth Vader wanted the plans but said to interrogate and take the place APART until the map was found. What if he had said, Kill everyone and blow it all up?

>The Death Star, even though it failed twice, is a symbol of the Empire's might. It makes sense that the New Order wants a weapon which represents a succession of the old Empire.
>If these things were literally indestructible, there wouldn't be much of a movie

Yes, the first death star literally broke the separatist and the banking clans to build but you know what, LET'S build a death star Ten times larger, thereby, Ten times more expensive. DAMN!
>>
>>81971117
star wars has always been a redditor ripoff of Star Trek
>>
>>81973073
>criticize someone for using "we" and buzzwords
>uses "we" and buzzwords in the same sentence in a poor attempt to trigger

anyone defending even remotely TFA should be skinned alive in a public place to shut down all the others.
Stop breathing. it will be over soon
>>
File: 1474868078277.gif (92KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1474868078277.gif
92KB, 300x168px
It's now been officially established the TFA hate on /tv/ comes from a place of angry virgin bitterness at a strong girl piled on top of a not so subtle mocking of the childish nature of a wannabe badass (kylo ren) revealing he's just ultimately a poser, the kylo ren character being the one those angry bitter virgins so initially identified with.
>>
>>81972985
So hold on, you incredibly stupid shill, The Rebels spent months developing IED's on the off chance that a telekinetic would come along and not only put the IED's into the chute but was capable of flying away, several hundred miles and be able to, while hundreds of miles away, telekinetically, lead those IEDS into the target that was several miles beneath the surface of the death star? You stupid shills are insane. I love you guys! I'm not even going to talk about Precog, or Prescience or the Targeting computer. Was it a telekinetic computer Or A TARGETING COMPUTER?!?!?!?!?

>>81973073
Keep it up shill, those shekels should be deposited in your account any minute now.

>>81973162
Yeah, the force aided him in blocking stuff and knowing when to pull the trigger because the targeting computer was too slow. He never once did anything force related. WERE IT REY in his stead, the moment obi wan got taken out, she'd pull the saber into her hand, defeat vader, defeat all the troops and then wait for the emperor and then defeat him too.
>>
>>81973177
>Their last discussion was Poe telling Finn the map to Luke was more important than any of them, and Finn literally wanting to walk away.
>Poe disappears, with no explanation and suddenly, Hey, My buddy, how are you my friend. My long lost friend. Hatred I feel.

I honestly can't remember the actual transition, so I'll take your word for it. Finn just wanted to get the fuck out of dodge, and Poe's piloting skills more or less did that for him. As soon as they make their "escape," Finn thinks Poe dies. Later, he runs into Poe again and has an emotional response. I don't really see this as a glaring error.

>And we'll address why did Kylo Ren kill everyone in the settlement before ascertaining who exactly had the map. What if the map the old guy gave to Poe was a fake? What if Poe hid the map in the ship? what if the map the old guy gave to poe was only half of the map and someone else had the other half? What if the map to Luke was damaged and the old man had seen it, wouldn't keeping him alive have made more sense until Kylo got his hands on the map? Ever seen ANH, remember when Darth Vader wanted the plans but said to interrogate and take the place APART until the map was found. What if he had said, Kill everyone and blow it all up?

I'm pretty sure they knew who had the map, hence why they targeted that settlement specifically. Kylo isn't a very good leader, and he's acting almost entirely on impulse and a need to prove himself to his new master. As much of a loose cannon as Anakin was in his youth, by the time we see him on Tantive IV, he's a pretty effective leader.

>Yes, the first death star literally broke the separatist and the banking clans to build but you know what, LET'S build a death star Ten times larger, thereby, Ten times more expensive. DAMN!

I'm not sure we have time to discuss the practicality of anything in Star Wars. I think my reasoning works as to why they'd build yet another super weapon, though.
>>
File: Emo-kin.jpg (118KB, 800x897px) Image search: [Google]
Emo-kin.jpg
118KB, 800x897px
LoserAnon watching TFA Trailer: Epic keks, Kylo Ren is kino. I'm so gonna be him for Halloween. People will think i'm so badass. The world will notice how cool I am because I'm just like that character, i've just never shown the world!

LoserAnon watching TFA itself: Fuck this.*rage*, *Autism defense mode activate*. How could she beat someone whose trained sith master and and and freezes blasters and and and is super cool and and and and mary sue! she cant act! fuckin sjw disney gurl power! *Ironic splerg out like Kylo Ren character*
>>
>>81973389
>Yeah, the force aided him
>He never once did anything force related.
>>
>>81973389
>So hold on, you incredibly stupid shill, The Rebels spent months developing IED's on the off chance that a telekinetic would come along and not only put the IED's into the chute but was capable of flying away, several hundred miles and be able to, while hundreds of miles away, telekinetically, lead those IEDS into the target that was several miles beneath the surface of the death star? You stupid shills are insane. I love you guys! I'm not even going to talk about Precog, or Prescience or the Targeting computer. Was it a telekinetic computer Or A TARGETING COMPUTER?!?!?!?!?

Holy shit, dude. You are so unhinged right now. Please try to explain what's butt bothering you so much again, because I can't decipher that fog of shit.
>>
>>81973177
>Yes, the first death star literally broke the separatist and the banking clans to build but you know what, LET'S build a death star Ten times larger, thereby, Ten times more expensive. DAMN!

You're talking about a franchise where they literally take a STAR apart to build shit.
(the Star Forge from KotOR, if you forgot)
>>
>>81971117

SW died back in 97.
>>
>>81973363
>the kylo ren character being the one those angry bitter virgins so initially identified with.

I laughed. I think Kylo Ren works so well as a bad guy because he's relatively weak.
>>
>>81973520
>>81973129
Putting a lot of effort into this aren't you?
>>
>>81973517
>I honestly can't remember the actual transition, so I'll take your word for it. Finn just wanted to get the fuck out of dodge, and Poe's piloting skills more or less did that for him.
>As soon as they make their "escape," Finn thinks Poe dies. Later, he runs into Poe again and has an emotional response. I don't really see this as a glaring error.

Disney should have hired you to fill in the blanks before filming. Of course they didn't and that's all head canon. But I love what you're saying and I agree, that would have been awesome. In fact it would have made the only two characters I was okay with in that entire shit movie, that much more bearable.

>I'm pretty sure they knew who had the map, hence why they targeted that settlement specifically.
>Kylo isn't a very good leader, and he's acting almost entirely on impulse and a need to prove himself to his new master.
>As much of a loose cannon as Anakin was in his youth, by the time we see him on Tantive IV, he's a pretty effective leader.

You see, that's not so much Kylo's fault as it is a director's fault, and writer's fault, both of them just happened to be JJ. But we're going to go a bit deeper with your other response.

>I'm not sure we have time to discuss the practicality of anything in Star Wars. I think my reasoning works as to why they'd build yet another super weapon, though.

And therein lies the difference between a TECHNICAL director and a FILMMAKER. JJ's a technical director. Which explains the Lens flare, Lens flare bullshit he over uses and the shots he sometimes lines up beautifully.

George, the co writer of Apocalypse Now, is A Film Maker. And Film Makers are Story Tellers First!
For Example, Anakin's a 9 year old boy, who races pods going at, 500 miles per hour.
Now, when George was a boy, he raced soap boxes and sometimes they'd come down hills and if you weren't at your best, you'd spill, probably getting several raspberries in the process.
(continue...)
>>
no, the franchise was already damaged from the prequels, and as much as i hate disney, their two movies were still better than 1-3
>>
>>81971117
No. Lucas killed Star Wars with the Prequels, Disney is just molesting its corpse.
>>
File: beeble.jpg (5KB, 200x142px) Image search: [Google]
beeble.jpg
5KB, 200x142px
Damaged? No.
Disrupted? Yes.
>>
File: 1476227977997.webm (841KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476227977997.webm
841KB, 1280x720px
>Be a permavirgin loser with insecurity issues
>See TFA Trailer and get excited, play make believe Kylo Ren in your room thinkin you're a badass, image Rey is next gold bikini character, a nice submissive girl
>See TFA Movie...Kylo Ren is whiny manchild emo bitch...your fantasy is ruined and also a little to close to who you are in real life...Rey is independent heroine who turns out to be the badass...feel threatened and emasculated
>In great irony, lash out like whiny manchild emo bitch in splerg out thread with now stereotypical defense mechanism rants about mary sue, she can't act, etc.
>Everyone is a jewish shill secretly sent from Disney corporate headquarters to argue with you on 4chan and make a fool of you since the world is out to get you and stop girls from realizing how special you are. Da shills! Da Shills!
>>
>>81972698
MOMMY MOMMY SAVE ME, THAT GUY PUNCH ME, WAAAAAAH!!!
>>
>>81973523
Oh you snooty bugger, He never did anything remotely on the level that Rey did. See Prescience is an ability even younglings could do. And yet, Anakin slaughtered them all. See the difference? And yet, Vader defeated Luke after several days of training with Yoda, See the difference?

>>81973517
(continue)

So George drops it in that Shmii, Anakin's mum was concerned because her 9 year old, though gifted, thanks to the force ability, Prescience, that very ability Luke used when timing when to pull the trigger thereby launching the HOMING MISSILES into the chute, thereby avoiding the many obstacles that surrounded the chute, so despite this ability Anakin had, he was still a 9 year old doing something really dangerous and as Shmii said, he had wrecked every pod he had raced in.
This was George telling us that I know this kid shouldn't be doing this and yeah, you're right he shouldn't because he has yet to finish a race and survive a race without wrecking the pod he uses, but he might make it, a slim chance, but he might just make it. And the race in TPM was beautiful because it was suspenseful so it had us on the edge of our seats.

When the boy won, we cheered. But, damn, George, the story teller still wanted to keep us grounded in reality so Anakin's mother would have to stay behind. That's a story teller. He shows you that even though Anakin is doing this thing, he is in no way a Gary Stu because he's never finished a race and by the end of it, he loses his mother. Heart breaking. A story teller Told a story and it touched us all.
(continue..)

>>81973611
hatred. When someone says something so incredibly stupid, i lose it. you know what I mean?

>>81973708
Only what George Lucas had filmed is canon. All that shit from the EU is just that, shit.

>>81974091
Like you wouldn't believe how hard that cunt hit me, so I'm about to hit that cock sucker in the balls.
>>
Anyone have the pics of the leaked script for ep8
>>
>>81971660
>I hated a great many things I saw in the Prequels But I didn't mind them because they were not the most anticipated Sequel of All time!
>Revenge of the Sith - 2005
>Force Awakens - 2015
Ten years

>Return of the Jedi - 1983
>Phantom menace - 1999
Sixteen years

You stink of millennial faggotry.
>>
>>81973363
How could anybody hate The Force Awakens? That would be like hating A New Hope!
>>
>>81973073
Its not so much that anyone "belongs" on /tv/, its just really obvious when somebody doesn't.

Like when they get really enthusiastic about garbage.
>>
>>81973517
(Conclusion)
Which brings me to the point of my long drawn out Essay, Which is in actuality the entire point of the Prequels. Palpatine wanted Power. First he had to create a separatist group threatening to undermine and replace the Republic then, while pretending to be on the side of the Separatist, He convinced them to fund the Death Star, the most powerful weapon in history. the Trade union dispute was a multi headed hydra. The Union got to test their droids, and Palpatine could drum up sympathy in the Senate thereby gaining the chancellery. Notice,the Trade Union suffered no ill even after their dispute was squashed. George Lucas didn't just have some one speak out of their ass about how a bunch of money was taken from this dispshit some other candy ass got shaken down, no, he wrote movies that explained where all that money and resources came from. And then, once they seperatist was no longer an issue, he uses order 66, taking out most of the Jedi and he got to keep his Emergency powers because he revealed an assassination attempt by the Jedi.
JJ is not at all a story teller. He just thought TEN TIMES BIGGER DEATH STAR, without sitting down and thinking how that would work out story wise. Or when the dumber shitty Yoda, the orange thing said as to how it got its hands on Luke's saber, "That's a story best left for another time." JJ's a lesser human being, sadly.

>>81974438
I think you need to lay off the mouse's trouser milk, I said sequel not prequel. If you'd remember, episode 6 was thirty plus years ago. Do try to keep up.

>>81974520
Oh You, nice try troll.
>>
Member when Lucas rape Harrison Ford? The people wants more.
>>
File: IMG_1939.jpg (73KB, 486x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1939.jpg
73KB, 486x800px
>>
>>81971690
If you think a regime is going to topple because you killed the guy at the top then you're a moron
>>
>>81974670
>"nice try troll."
>from the guy who says, "Only bitter virgins dislike this movie"
I just explained the actual reason everyone with taste hates the movie that you're shilling (in one line).

This is you btfo.
>>
>>81974908
But it DID topple.
There's a new republic, and the Empire is gone, its just that NONE OF THAT MATTERS.

And why is it irrelevant? No reason. Its just straight-up ignored.
>>
>>81974908
It's not a regime,you bag of farts, it's the Republic. Once Palpatine died and the death star was destroyed the celebration you saw on Corusont the capital, well that was the Republic being restored. Remember Gladiator? At the climax of the film power was restored to the senate to the people.
JJ, Disney and the dyke feminist Kennedy, literally wanted to Redux the OT, this time with feminist girl power at the helm. May all of them be thrown into the hell where you're forced to drink an ocean of piss.

>>81974975
I couldn't agree more, I hate the Force Awakens in ways few people can even begin to imagine.
>>
>>81975128
>I hate the Force Awakens in ways few people can even begin to imagine.

You want to rape the Force Awakens?
>>
File: kathleen-kennedy-jj-abrams-4.jpg (191KB, 1600x1041px) Image search: [Google]
kathleen-kennedy-jj-abrams-4.jpg
191KB, 1600x1041px
>>81971117

Disney didnt damage the franchise

These two did
>>
File: PalpatineRL.jpg (92KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
PalpatineRL.jpg
92KB, 700x933px
>>81974908
s-sure...
>>
>>81975215
I want to rape the force awakens so badly. So as long as its jaws isn't in its pants, what's the term, vaginal denture, or something. that ghastly xenomorphic smile. Curdles my blood just thinking about it. My penis literally shriveled just a bit more.

>>81975237
No, Disney did. Disney knew what was there and asked for more. They're complicit.
>>
>>81975240
are you literally retarded?

The greater reich had been destroyed by then. The allies had essentially resorted to fighting over who would take Berlin.

Nazi Germany was done after the Battle of the Bulge. Taking Berlin was just mopping up at that point.
>>
Anyone have the pics of the leaked star wars 8 plot? The force tree and all that shit?
>>
>>81975385
All their most POWERFUL ships INCLUDING the death Star was Gone. Are you stupid?
>>
Dont. Make. Me. Dump. """""""Dialogue"""""". From. The. Prequels. You mong. Admit it. All you deadenders, you lost. Even normies now hate the prequels. Give it up. Move on. Watch something else.
>>
>>81971660
You do know you have literal autism, right?
>>
>>81971660
Pleb taste
>>
>>81975520
Do you worse, Disney Shill, The prequels were simply poorly done. They were at no time as illogical and retarded as The shit awakens.

>>81975544
It doesn't matter. I'm still right and you people are wrong. Disney killed it. They killed it.
>>
File: 1481048477289.jpg (54KB, 480x643px) Image search: [Google]
1481048477289.jpg
54KB, 480x643px
>>81975498
Why are Star Wars fan so deluded to think they can apply their fantasy space opera to real world political events? Its almost as bad as Harry Potter readers.
>>
>>81975597
If we're going to compare Nazi Germany to ROTJ, the parallels are the same. By the time the Emperor died, the death star was critically damaged. The most senior in the Empire was gone, as were their ships so there was nothing the remnant ships could do against the Former Empire which is now the Republic again, with all the resources that kept the Empire going. NOT to mention, every world would be chasing after any remnant hold outs.
>>
>>81975584
I don't give a shit about Star Wars, I just wanted to confirm that you're aware of your mental disability.
>>
File: IMG_0924.png (699KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0924.png
699KB, 640x1136px
>Twins, one male, one female
>Just like Luke and Leia
>The female "discovers" the Force at a place that becomes known as the "Force Tree"
>The female twin founds the Jedi Order
>The male twin is evil and kills the female.
>Before she dies she makes a prophecy that she will return as The One
>Meanwhile Darth Sidious creates Anakin Skywalker to be a false prophet / golem type creation
>The Jedi are fooled into thinking he's The One
>The Jedi only realize their mistake too late.
>Anakin destroys almost all the Jedi
>Luke tries to redeem his evil father who literally slaughtered children.
>Rey is born and she is the perfect reincarnation of The One. Flawless in every way.
>She finds Luke Skywalker, who now just like his evil father, wants to destroy the Jedi Order

Rey will stop Luke's plans, restore order to the galaxy, and will destroy the dark side. She will also bring about the rise of the new Jedi order as predicted by Supreme Leader Snoke in TFA.

Rey being the reincarnation of The One explains why she is such a Mary Sue in TFA. She's literally a perfect super being.

The entire Star Wars saga is now about how women are good and men are evil.

The women are all leaders (Padme, Leia, Rey, Mon Mothma)

The men are all drawn to the dark side (Anakin, Palpatine, Snoke, Kylo)

tl: dr = Men are bad, women are good. Thanks Kathleen Kennedy!
>>
>>81971117
>already didn't watch rogue one
>refuse to watch spin offs
If VIII sucks I'm done
>>
>>81975776
It doesn't matter. It's not going away and neither am I.
>>
>>81975844
Good for you.
>>
>>81975821
It's all over. Star Wars died when George sold it to the white slavers.
>>
Disney made some of the best and most memorable characters in the entire franchise

>Rey
>Finn
>Poe
>Maz
>Phasma
>Kylo

They are more memorable than any character from the prequels and arguably more memorable than most characters from the original trilogy
>>
>>81975821
Do you have the pics of the plot points that go into more detail?
>>
>>81975039

Even in the shitty EU books the Empire was never gone you ignoramus.
>>
>>81976097

Delusional as fuck.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.