[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good movies you don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: there_will_be_blood_ver2.jpg (44KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
there_will_be_blood_ver2.jpg
44KB, 510x755px
What are some good or even great movies that YOU don't like, and why? To me is pic related. It's a very well made movie, the story is interesting and the acting all around excellent, and yet i don't like it at all, it just doens't "click"...
>>
>>81957290
I like all great movies. If I don't like it it's shit.
>>
>>81957290
Yea. There was too much "ACTING."
>>
>>81957290
Are you an atheist? I have a theory about this movie
>>
>>81957336
No I'm Muslim
>>
>>81957336
OP here. I'm catholic.
>>
>>81957336
OP really here. I'm a Protestant.
>>
>>81957329
I thought DDL was really funny in this role, though. It's not like a bad DiCaprio performance where he just squints and shouts, I don't even think it's all that "serious," he's clearly having a blast with this character and the dialogue. It's very entertaining to me, and not in a dry or academic type of way at all. It gets borderline cartoonish in some scenes
>>
>>81957361
>>81957383
Actual OP here, I'm Jewish.
>>
>>81957336
I'm a Mormon.
>>
>>81957336
Yes, OP here, I'm atheist.
>>
>>81957290
I am a false meme, dubs are a superstition
>>
File: sicario-poster.jpg (122KB, 1024x1578px) Image search: [Google]
sicario-poster.jpg
122KB, 1024x1578px
>>81957290
>>
>>81957336
OP here. I don't believe in a God, but I don't rule one out either. We don't know enough information to give a definitive answer.
>>
>>81957444
It'd be tough to connect with this film if the concept of "spiritual death" means nothing to you. The main characters in this film are eventually punished for going against God, or at least going against "the forces of nature."

When he buries his fake half-brother, and strikes oil in a shallow grave, that was the moment it should've been clear you were witnessing an all-time great Act of Kino
>>
>>81957529
>>
>>81957546
if that's what I've got, then yeah, I kinda do
>>
I personally think that while Pans Labyrinth is a beautiful looking film that was given every bit of Del Toros soul in the visuals, that the story is beyond simplified to the barest minimum of "good vs evil" and "children are the future" which made it impossible for me to get into it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.