[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reviewing the subject matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: get-out-jordan-peele.jpg (215KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
get-out-jordan-peele.jpg
215KB, 670x377px
What's /tv/'s view on movies that get good or inflated reviews because reviewers love the subject matter or think it's important?

Pic is a recent example, it's actually a decent film but that's about it, it's doing something a bunch of movies have done before but because it's about race and who's directing it, it's been stupidly over-hyped.

Collosal seems to be another example. the movies that slate it say it's a mess of a movie with a painfully awkward tonal shift halfway through. The reviewers that love it don't talk about what's good with the film itself, they talk about how good it is it's talking about 'toxic masculinity'
>>
>>81952921
>8,2 on imdb
>99 on rt

internet was a mistake
>>
Is this film actually about a demon or ghost that hates race mixing?
Because that's what the trailers all make me think it is
>>
>>81953037

It's closer to Stepford Wives
>>
>>81952921
I agree with this. It's a slightly above average horror flick, but all the major notes have been done before, and to much better effect. You could call it "The Stepford Wives" with black people and you wouldn't be too far wrong.
>>
>>81952921

>it's popular therefore it's bad

Never change, /tv/. Never change.
>>
>>81953339

It's not bad, it's just a decent horror that isn't as outstanding as it's made out to be
>>
>>81952921
Is Collosal worth the watch? Looks pretty funny from the trailers but if it's really just "hurrr stronk monster womyn beats evil men" then it doesn't seem worth it
>>
stop posting that fucking picture
>>
>>81954886

It's not the wacky comedy the trailers make it out to be. It's a drama with a quirky concept that it wastes.

About halfway through the it suddenly shifts from "lol alcoholic woman controls a monster" to "If a guy is nice, it's because he's an arsehole! Toxic Masculinity is bad, men should feel bad about it!".
>>
>>81955075

But that's the movie, it's just 90 minutes of that guy in a chair crying.
>>
>>81954568
it's pretty good considering all the shitty horror movies that's come out in the past few years
>>
>>81955474
That's quite a low hurdle to jump.
>>
>>81955474

But would you put it up alongside Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist and The Shining? Because that's what the reviews suggest.
>>
>>81955553
absolutely
no, not really
>>
>a family of BBC worshipping cucks send their daughter to seduce hundreds of black men
>somehow this one black guy kills all of them
>>
>>81952921
>it's doing something a bunch of movies have done before
Like what? Seemed pretty unique to me
>>
>>81953283
Literally everything has "already been done before"
What a stupid basis
>>
>>81955553
Id put it along side Rosemary's baby and Exorcist for sure but no the shining.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.