[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his best movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 524041-spielberg2.jpg (20KB, 350x359px) Image search: [Google]
524041-spielberg2.jpg
20KB, 350x359px
What's his best movie?
>>
Hook
>>
>>81937622
The BFG
>>
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
>>
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
>>
The Money Pit
>>
>>81937622
Jaws
>>
>>81937622
Genuinely? Raiders of the Lost Ark
>>
Does he even still make movies?
>>
>>81937622

A.I.
>>
>>81937622

I don't know about best ever ALL TIME, but I unironically believe that E.T. is the single best film, of any kind, anywhere, to have been released during the 1980s.

Fite me
>>
>>81937622
Goldmember
>>
>>81937832

I wouldn't agree but E.T. is an incredible movie. Definitely one of, if not the, best kids movie ever made.
>>
Is there a reason why Spielberg is never considered hte best director? Is it because he's not exactly an auteur like Kubrick, or because he's directed some bad movies as well? He's easily directed 6 of the best movies ever
>>
>>81937877

People don't like populist directors, snobs like to look down on them.

That being said, some of his most popular movies are some of my least faves of his.
>>
>>81937769
Last two movies he directed were BFG and Bridge of Spies. Haven't seen BFG but I thought Bridge of Spies was pretty good, though not great.
>>
>>81937832
i dunno if i'd go with "best" but it was definitely one of the most influential. i feel like ET defined the early 80's way more than any other film from around that time. that shit was fucking huge
>>
>>81937877
because most of his well known works are huge studio productions, which the actual director has very little influence over. Producers have way more say than them.
>>
>>81937832
I respect your opinion but I think Raiders and Amadeus are better films of the 80s
>>
jaws is the perfect movie
>>
>>81937861

I'll push it a step further. So far as I am aware, the whole ending music, particularly near the coda, is the single best work by John Williams that I am aware of. Better than the rest.

I regularly become misty while listening to it, it's that good.

A boy and his dog. The dog has to leave, now, and the boy is very sad. But the boy knows that the dog gets to run free and be with his doggie friends, now.

And the dog catchers have been totally eluded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGP2o8lBgV8
>>
>>81937861
>>81937923
>>81937942

appreciate the respectful disagrees which demonstrate basic knowledge of simple kino history. E.T. was a big movie and a yuge cultural meme, which has since died down a good deal. But it was The Elephant In The Room when it came out, and deservedly so.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.