[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will capeshit ever get a Best Picture nomination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: The-Dark-Knight.jpg (941KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
The-Dark-Knight.jpg
941KB, 1200x600px
IMO, I think The Dark Knight was the best shot superhero movies had and will ever have. Especially with all this cinematic universe stuff, truly inspired CBM won't be made due to studio mandates and director puppeteering.
>>
We'll see this year.
>>
>>81935953
>I think The Dark Knight was the best shot superhero movies had
With a mouthbreathing cancer Batman and The Crow Tom Waits Joker?
>>
>>81936142
Take issues with Bale's voice (I personally do not), but I think Ledger's performance was indisputably, at minimum, good.
>>
Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight
>>
>>81936179
Is contrarianism still cool here?
>>
>>81935953
>superhero
Nolan's Batman is literally a police thriller with a guy who dresses as a bat, theres nothing super about them, not even for Batman standars of superhero.
>>
You're right.

Ever since TDK, I never felt another capeshit flick had any chance. /tv/ will pretend it was nothing special at the time to be contrarian but I remember the entire campus at the time was buzzing about the movie. Nowadays it's just throwaway flick after throwaway flick. Like even on here Marvel movies are forgotten like a week after coming out. DC is turning into Marvel now with their flicks.
>>
>>81936629
Maybe that's the only reason it's of excellent quality
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy sequel will get nominated. Screencap this.
>>
>>81937555
Which one? Two are coming out in the same year.
>>
>>81937555
>Memey superhero sequel will get nom
I think this is a shitpost but I can't be sure these days
>>
>>81937590
Seriously?
>>
>>81937590
Am I missing the joke here?
>>
>>81937355
Cinematic universes were a mistake
>>
>>81937665
>>81937711
Guess your the two people on the planet who didn't watch the silly scifi dadrock romp Thor 3 trailer.
>>
>>81938239
Oh I get it. Yeah, I was a little disappointed by the trailer. I'm even more perplexed why people on this board like it
>>
>>81938239
>Ragnarok, an great concept that could make Thor a respectable character and have great dramatic tension
>"Let's just have him fight the Hulk, and then they'll be Led Zeppelin!!! Maybe even a cameo in one of the 13 credits scenes!!"
Marvel Studios was a mistake
>>
TDK is a meme reddit movie
>>
>>81938422
my biggest beef with this movie is showing a planet hulk concept without beta ray bill
>>
>>81936629
Yeah, but the minute you start comparing it to police thrillers you realise how meh it is compared to other better films of the genre such as Heat, LA Confidential, To Live and Die in LA, The French Connection, Manhunter, The Driver, Lethal Weapon, etc. The movie's great for capeshit, but the minute you compare it to actual movies, it loses a lot of its charm
>>
have you seen the pretentious shit that wins oscars lately? why the fuck would you expect a batman film to even make the list?

if a normal person has heard of it, it won't win shit but best makeup.
>>
>>81938778
This. TDK is like a MtF wrestling in the girls league.
>>
>>81938886
interesting analogy
>>
File: zEhbbul.jpg (41KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
zEhbbul.jpg
41KB, 720x540px
>>81939179
>>
>>81935953
Probably not. Logan is the last chance. The bigger and more culturally pervasive it gets, the more the academy will feel an obligation to vote against it (not to mention that most of them are actually shit anyway).
>>
>>81939499
With Oscars ratings declining, i think Logan may have a chance just to get nerds watching the awards
>>
>>81939716
nominating shit just to get views would be the end of what little credibility the academy has left.
>>
>>81939960
>credibility the academy has left
They gave Suicide Squad an Oscar. They've got 0 credibility or shame.
>>
>>81937355

Hugh Jackman sang about the Dark Knight snub during his opening number, and the Academy literally changed the number of Best Picture nominees so that a movie like Dark Knight would get nominated. I wouldn't close the book on it.
>>
>>81940019
suicide squad is far from the first shitty movie to get a technical award.
>>
Yeah TDK was the closest it will ever come.

It was just too well made for capeshit standards.
>>
>>81935953
Man, I watched this again last night.
>Terrible dialogue
>Poor direction
It had great action and is a well made film but overall, not as good as you might think.
>>
>>81942008
>It had great action
It did?
>>
>>81935953
when someone adapts the All Star Superman comic into a movie trilogy.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.