[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why I didn't like The Force Awakens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

Im done paying hollywood to force political opinions down my throat.

Women are not strong
Women are not heroes
Women are not determined or inspiring

They are verifiably, factually and demonstrably less intelligent, less inspired, less ingenious and less capable than men in almost every field. I am not now nor will I ever swallow the feminist pill of equality because the two genders very simply are not equal.

That is why I didn't like it. Because Rey was the protagonist. I don't want that, I don't need that and I have had enough of Star Wars in my life if that's the way the franchise is going.
>>
>>81926063

Would you rather it was Finn?
>>
>>81926148
If I had too choose than yes. Even a nigger male is preferable to a woman.
>>
File: OK_thumb.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
OK_thumb.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>81926063
>>
File: 1492055648241.png (17KB, 200x94px) Image search: [Google]
1492055648241.png
17KB, 200x94px
>>81926282
>>81926063
wew lad
>>
>>81926063
I hate women as much as the next guy, but those are stupid reasons to dislike a FANTASY film. I disliked it because it was shit. That's a good reason.
>>
>>>/co/91745793
>>
How insecure are you?
>>
>>81926063
Is this how screencaps for Buzzfeed articles are made? Include me in the screenshot, Buzzfeed writer
>>
>>81926063
>Im done paying hollywood
>doing this in the first place
lmao cuck
>>
true
>>
I like and respect women, and have had many fulfilling relationships with them in my life, both platonic and romantic. AMA.
>>
>>81926063
Alien and Aliens were good though.
>>
>>81926063
That doesn't make sense in a universe where the force is a thing
>>
File: 1492889179403.png (168KB, 800x637px) Image search: [Google]
1492889179403.png
168KB, 800x637px
>>81926332
>>81926422
Hello nu-males!
>>
very true
>>
>>81926497

This whole thing has created a society where women grow up believing they are beautiful and intelligent and strong, even if they're not, and that they can respond violently without consequences if they're ever called on it.
>>
File: hildegard.jpg (64KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
hildegard.jpg
64KB, 620x388px
>>81926063
Literally the only inspiring women are Catholic

>Mary, Mother of God
>Joan of Arc
>Hildegard of Bingen
>>
>>81926645
>christian fanfiction mary sue who dont need no man (to have a magic baby)

>"""""""""""""""""inspiring""""""""""""""
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
>tfw you scrolled through these comments
>>
File: paypay.jpg (93KB, 847x707px) Image search: [Google]
paypay.jpg
93KB, 847x707px
ITS A PASTA YOU RETARDS!
>>
>>81926765
Even if it is which I doubt that doesn't make it any less true
>>
>>81926063

You're getting straw everywhere OP.

>>>/everydayfeminism/
>>
>>81926765
I'm sure the physical appearance of whoever posts it remains largely the same. Pun not intended.
>>
>>81926680
Hildegard was pretty based though
>>
>>81926384

Yeah seriously.

Btw Buzzfeed, jet fuel can't melt steel
>>
>>81926063
They could have had a woman and still made it match up with the other movies, it was her being fluent in every language, and skilled in everything that made her character so bad.
>>
>>81926680
>>81926645

Christian Fanfiction you say? Mary being God's mother is b.s. of course. She only carried the essence of Jesus. Nothing of hers at any point contaminated him. Him being born through her line was figurative and technically it made him a part of David's Lineage. Truth be told, deifying Mary is demonic because she served a purpose and that was that. She's no more important than Joseph was. She isn't mentioned beyond The life of Christ. No one called attention to her because she was like any other servant called on to do God's will. She served her purpose, and that was that.
Jesus has a beginning, Col 1:15. God has no beginning for He always existed. God gave his son a title that every knee should bow before him, The title of Mighty God, not, The Almighty God. There's a difference. Jesus at the moment is King, and as such, he is a God, Isaiah 9:6, but, Not the Almighty,Matthew 6:9; Psalm 90:1, 2; Colossians 1:15; John 14:28, King James Version, for Revelation shows us that once all is accomplished and perfect the son Will give All authority back to the Father, 1 Corinthians 15:21-28.
>>
>>81928118
You should no business using the force, for anything. Prescience yes, anything else, No.
>>
>>81926384
This. I hate niggers and jews, 14/88 women belong in the ground
>>
File: 3.png (1MB, 1076x710px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1MB, 1076x710px
>Women are not strong, heroes, determined or inspiring
>I know what all these things truly are as a man(child living in my mums spare bedroom who's never had any responsibilities in my entire life)
>>
Am I the only one bored of the same brown haired white guy as the hero all the time? I hate forced diversity as much as the next person, but at this point I'm probably more likely to watch a movie if the dude on the poster doesn't look like Nathan Drake. It wouldn't matter if the hero was female, black, or an old hobo with a beard down to his dick.
>>
>>81930084
>I know what all these things truly are as a man(child living in my mums spare bedroom who's never had any responsibilities in my entire life)
How does this affect physical strength in anyway?
>>
Someone post that force tree spoiler list that's been posted in all the Star Wars threads.
>>
>>81926063
>Literally forcing a man's hands down in a hand to hand struggle.

LOL
>>
>>81931109
What does this have to do with this thread?
Make your own thread if you want to post your question.
>>
>>81926063
yeah yeah we get it bro, see you here in the Episode 8 and Episode 9 threads when you say how you hated watching them too
>>
I didn't like it because it was more of the same

RLM is dead wrong when they say Star Wars is just Stormtroopers and Jedi, just because the old EU had a lot of shit didn't mean it was all shit
>>
File: 0914-GQ-FEAD07.01.jpg (313KB, 800x1079px) Image search: [Google]
0914-GQ-FEAD07.01.jpg
313KB, 800x1079px
>>81926063
How the fuck can she overwhelm kylo?
Like wtf?
I mean physically.
I bet this bitch can't even pull up a single time. And she fights HIM?
>>
>>81926063
>On /tv/
>paying
What a laugh.
Don't watch it then if you don't want to be brainwashed by the multicultered marxist sjw anti-trump agenda.

I don't think in a universe where you can use the "force" to do anything that it matters that one force user can stand toe to toe against another force user.
>>
>>81932331
Kylo was badly wounded, it's a shit tier plot device but it's there.
Also I'm pretty sure Daisy Ridley can lift more than 95% of /tv/.
>>
>watching a bunch of manlets with no law enforcement or combat experience debate whether or not women can be capable

Kek
>>
>>81926063
So you're mad cuz a fictional woman is a protagonist in a fantasy film
>>
>>81926063
>I'M SO DONE WITH STAR WARS THAT I'LL GO MAKE A YET ANOTHER STAR WARS THREAD WHILE THERE ARE PROBABLY 8 MORE STAR WARS THREADS IN THE CATALOG RIGHT NOW, I'M SICK OF IT

sure thing buddy, see you here when the second trailer drops
>>
>>81932400
>watching a bunch of manlets with no law enforcement or combat experience debate whether or not women can be capable
Oh shit nigger how do you know all that can you use the force? Because all I see in this thread is anonymous.
>>
>>81931109
Ah yes, the "oh great another boring white guy" perspective. I'm with you, I prefer black characters because then we are guaranteed to grapple with such challenging questions as "Is racism bad?" and "Are black people inferior to white people?" Female characters are also great because then we can ponder "Is sexism bad?" and "Are women inferior to men?" I'm still not clear on the answers to these questions so it's a relief when a character is designed to force the audience to confront social issues, instead of being saddled with a white male character we're expected to somehow grow attached to as an individual just on the basis of their personality and desires, or some gay shit like that.
>>
>>81932531

If anyone actually had experience, they'd know better
>>
>>81932331
Bro she closed her eyes for a few seconds to power up, what is Kylo Ren gonna do against that
>>
>>81926063
Both men and women exist on a spectrum. On a large enough scale you can make the case that they're more likely to excel in certain things than in others, but there are women stronger, smarter, and more inspired than the AVERAGE male, even though it's probably more likely statistically that the strongest and in some ways the smartest people will be males.
>>
>>81932331
Kylo was injured, and he also wasn't trying to kill her. He wanted her to be his qt gf who he could teach the force to
>>
>>81932389
We need more workout videos of her in yoga pants to confirm this.
>>
File: 1492884187622.jpg (82KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492884187622.jpg
82KB, 700x700px
>>81926063
Its not about what women "are", it's about what men desire them to be.
That part has gone a bit off the rails in recent years though.
But it's still where the idea of the "noble and strong female" is rooted in.
Women are basically repuslive pigs. If you ever dated a woman for longer than a month you're going to realize just how filthy and repulsive they are under their candy shell.
Thats why men had to create the meme of women being worth a shit in order for men to settle down with those smelly hoes.

All those supercharged idealized versions of women in media and literature are basically just advertising to make living with women bearable.
>>
>>81926063
That fagget can't hold a little girl
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px)
image.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>81932208
>>
>>81926063
What if she's the Chosen One though?
>>
>>81932872
>Anime.jpg

Confirmed homosexual basement dweller.
>>
>>81932888
She is. She's the embodiment of the light side of the force. That's why she's perfect at everything and better than anyone else in the universe.

The force tree spoilers all turned out to be true. Princess Wars is now about how men are the dark side and women are the light side.
>>
>>81932918
>Princess Wars is now about how men are the dark side and women are the light side.
Is this what autism looks like?
>>
>>81932789
b.s., Vader's a walking sore thumb, burnt all over constantly in pain, and he still trumped Luke. Even when he wasn't trying to kill. Try another excuse.
>>
>>81933063
It's what the truth of the matter is, Disney's now tripping balls in going full on dyke feminist.
>>
>>81932331
If I shot you to the chest Im pretty sure any fit woman could overpower you
>>
it's just playing at being a feminist film but rey's true role as a character is to lead kylo ren back to the light. i guarantee it. just like belle from beauty and the beast is supposed to be the protagonist and a "strong feminist character" who stands up for herself and takes no shit, etc. but in the end, the point of her character is actually just to turn the beast back into a prince with her love and compassion for him.
>>
>>81933284
and for people who say THAT'S OLD DISNEY, NU DISNEY ARE FEMINISTS they literally just remade beauty and the beast despite it being a story that triggers and disgusts SJWs.
>>
>>81933186
Vader was literally the most powerful character in the universe, he lived "in pain" like that for quite some time now instead of 5 minutes in pain and had probably thousands of fights.
>>
File: CQQLViIWsAAzrAN.jpg (8KB, 250x265px) Image search: [Google]
CQQLViIWsAAzrAN.jpg
8KB, 250x265px
In my understanding, the general complaint of feminists is that women are constantly portrayed in unrealistic, overly idealized ways, which pressures women into fitting impossibly high standards, right? So, a strong female character isn't a woman that is literally strong, but has character dept and doesn't revolve around a male character.

So how come Rey is being praised as a feminist character when she's uncompelling in all aspects? When a female character is portrayed as broken as fuck so as to make all other characters look useless is a good thing, but when portrayed in any other unrealistic way is a bad thing? If anything, this kind of mary sue also represents impossibly high standards because no one could pull shit like she does that fast. She's flawless and perfect, just like all the other unrealistically idealized women that feminist complain about. She's unrelatable to any girl or woman, and doesn't feel human at all.

I guess a mary sue is a good thing when it represent a cheap power fantasy, then they'll jump to defend this thing.
>>
>a children's show does a better lightsaber fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXNOz-hbgA
>>
>Women are good!
>Men are bad!

The franchise is ruined.
>>
>Rogue One made less than hate the gross of TFA

>Rebels TV series is doing so poorly it's ending a year early.

>Star Wars toys sales are waaaaaaay down. Star Wars toys are literally choking up the aisles at every store in the country.

>The new books have failed to find an audience.

>Overwhelming disappointment with the new trailer.

Personally I'm happy about this. Maybe it will force Disney to get rid of Kathleen Kennedy, the person who is deliberately trying to ruin the franchise.
>>
>>81933629
Because "strong female character" doesn't mean a well-written, three-dimensional female character who feels like a real person anymore, it means a physically strong female character who is more competent than the male characters
>>
>>81926063

Bitches being ain't got nothing to do with it.

Do you hate Kill Bill?

TFA is a shit movie written and directed by the world's most overated visionless hack. Why is it a shit movie? Bad writing, incoherent narrative and shit characters are obvious, but even cinematography and direction and all the small things the audience sense is not done well but can't verbalize.
>>
>>81933950
*improve the boys club you mean

Why are vaginas so offensive around here?
>>
>>81934012
>complaining about gender

Triggered
>>
>>81933870
jesus christ. rey represents the light side of the force, kylo represents dark. they have to come together to create balance. this is a fucking kid's movie and you guys still don't get it. kylo is getting a redmption arc, the message is not supposed to be "all men are evil", and you're fucking retarded if you think that.
>>
>>81934053
>Redeeming a character that murdered his own father and one of the most popular characters in the franchise

LOLOLOLOLOL

Never going to happen. Take your fan fiction back to Tumblr.
>>
>>81934011
Please explain how is the "cinematography, direction and the small things" not done well in the movie please.

>inb4 JJ lens flare or zoom-in
That's literally one or two 5 second scenes which he made the actual cinematographer to do so it's "his style", not an argument.
>>
>>81932834
>If you ever dated a woman for longer than a month you're going to realize just how filthy and repulsive they are under their candy shell.
Well, the women that would date you surely are.
>>
>>81932640
lol, wtf are you even talking about? All I'm basically saying is that I didn't go and see a movie like Edge of Tomorrow in theaters for example. Only because I saw Tom Cruise on the poster and that's the most boring casting choice you can make. I would've seen it in theaters had Frances McDormand or Benicio Del Toro been on the poster. Doesn't have anything to do with being anti-white, it's just that I've seen Booker DeWitt star as John Actor a thousand times already.
>>
>>81932714
top lel, female olympians regularly get wrecked by male high schoolers.
>>
>>81933857
>tfw no qt femdom inquisitor roleplaying as a mommy
>>
>>81934338
Infantile shit fucker
>>
>>81926063
welcome aboard
>>
>>81926063

This, plus niggers.
>>
>>81934087
they redeemed darth vader who did way worse shit. you're retarded if you think SW isn't a kiddy movie about the redemptive power of love and compassion. fuck off.
>>
>>81933950
The clone wars setting was more interesting than dude I rebel lmao
>>
>>81934087
But Han forgave him in the end. Anyone who doesn't want Kylo redeemed isn't a true Han Solo fan and doesn't give a shit about Leia because that's what they both wanted more than anything.

If Han dies and Kylo stays evil forever, his death was literally for nothing. Disney won't do that. You're fucking stupid if you think him killing Han is unforgivable but all the shit Anakin did to Luke and literally BILLIONS of other people was fine.
>>
>>81926063
true
>>
Women are property
>>
File: IMG_9096.jpg (99KB, 687x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9096.jpg
99KB, 687x603px
>>81934087
>not redeeming the skywalker of the new trilogy

ok bud
>>
>>81934357
relax my melanina enriched friend
>>
>>81926063
You're an idiot.
>>
>>81934248
I understand and agree that you can get bored of certain actors if you're overexposed to them. What I don't understand is drawing this line between "brown haired white guys" and women, black people, etc. How does the same character magically become more interesting if all you change is their gender or skin color? The only difference that would make is if you rewrite the movie to draw attention to the fact that the character is black or female and challenge the haters to dislike it. Movies often do that these days and it's annoying and immersion-breaking.

I especially don't get not wanting to see a sci-fi action movie because it stars Tom Cruise, who always does a great job in those kinds of movies, or being affected enough by who's playing the protagonist for that to be the deciding factor in whether you see a movie or not.
>>
>>81934987
Well, imo Tom Cruise is the guy you bring in for a movie if the director said "I don't care, just find me someone bankable". For me he has never improved a movie, other than a few cool stunts. But as to what you're saying, I guess the movie doesn't get any better with a different actor. It just gives me more hope for the project if it looks like they put some thought into the casting and the main character. I know this ain't /v/, but when I heard that the main character in Titanfall 2 was named Jack Cooper I almost fell asleep right then and there.
>>
File: pepeglasses.jpg (47KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepeglasses.jpg
47KB, 1067x600px
>>81926063
Nice false flag, you crybaby SJW
>>
>>81935410
So casting somebody non-obvious suggests there's an actual vision involved, whereas casting the typical choice might be a sign the movie's uninspired and not creative? Okay, I get what you're saying, fair point.
>>
>>81926063
>Why I didn't like The Force Awakens
>recites generic Russian-made /pol/ talking points
kys nigger faggot
>>
>>81926063
>Im done paying hollywood to force political opinions down my throat.
If you had any amount of conviction whatsoever, you wouldn't need to worry about the media forcing anything down your throat. If you have no confidence in what you believe or stand for, you're either a child or too stupid to be breathing.
>>
>>81926063
I honestly don't even mind women getting representation I just cant stand this trend of women taking over male franchises. It just reeks of "fuck your boys club were smashing it and burning down to the grounds. Don't you dare expect anything for yourselves anymore, move over." I was willing to give a female protagonist in TFA a chance but then now literally every new protagonist is female. No thanks. I don't see how someone can say little girls need female role models to be inspired by yet young boys don't need male role models? Fuck that. And fuck these bitter old hags. Yeah we get it young girls had such a hard time growing up in your day but guess what you rotten old roasties, feminism shouldn't be about making up for past slights it should be about trying to attain an equitable society.
>>
File: 1512515.jpg (54KB, 350x463px) Image search: [Google]
1512515.jpg
54KB, 350x463px
>>81926063
lmao, OP is 10/10 confirmed virgin. Nobody talks like this unless they're completely frustrated by sexual rejection
>>
>>81926063
>someone on 4chan reposted what I wrote
This is a strange feeling.
>>
>>81926063
You're too much of a coward to ever say any of these things in public.
>>
>>81926063
and yet your mom pays all your bills
>>
>>81926357
Oh wow, it's a full blown copypasta, and in a day no less.

This is neat.

I'm neat.
>>
>>81932360
>>81936933
>>81937021
>>81936754
>>81936413
>>81935444
>t. Assmad roasties. Women are all bitches and whores. All they care about is money and looks.
>>
>I'm done paying Hollywood to force political opinions I disagree with down my throat

A boo boo boo. Get over it.

>Women are not blah blah blah generalizations based on nothing

This is something I expect to hear from a bitter virgin.

You could just refuse to see the films they make without having to pitch a fit about it.
>>
>>81938974
www.reddit.com
>>
>>81937757
Your mother rejected you, didn't she? Sad.
>>
>>81939084
>I have nothing to criticize you for, so I'll just call you Reddit because I hate popular things.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.