[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I barely enjoy tv shows anymore, I remembered when this first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

I barely enjoy tv shows anymore, I remembered when this first aired and the first 2 seasons felt like they went on forever even though they were only 11 episodes long, the show was incredible back then. I used to feel overwhelmed by the cgi, the twists of the plot and everything about it.
Now I wouldn't even watch it if I heard of it, one example is I've been watching The Expanse since it aired but it doesn't compare to the memories I have of Primeval even though it is better in every way.
and I've just taken a spot in the catalog for my blogpost
>>
File: 576a286cfca7737e34a1bf7b2941f9a6.jpg (419KB, 2560x1717px) Image search: [Google]
576a286cfca7737e34a1bf7b2941f9a6.jpg
419KB, 2560x1717px
I just want to know how to appreciate shows like I did, take in everything when I'm watching and feel immersed
>>
How do I get my escapism back?
>>
bu
>>
>>81922056
I was surprised they killed off the main character, or at least got rid of him. I remember genuinely feeling sad when the dodo killed a guy's friend at a football stadium.
>>
>>81923685
>parasite kills the /x/phile friend at the stadium
Fuck, that got me, too. And Stephen sacrificing himself.
>>
>>81922056
I went to a convention the other week and that younger, black haired dude was there to sign shit and take photos.

Everyone walked past him. It made me laugh so hard
>>
>>81922056
I loved Primeval too. I loved the humor, and the characters were likeable too. I think - at least for me -it was so much fun because it was very realistic. I mean, sure, there were a few far fetched things, but it just "smelled" real to me, like it could happen in real life.

I'm from Europe so that's probably why, British landscapes aren't all that different from mainland Europe. It felt like home, whereas in American shows you just don't feel like the show is in a real place. Almost like watching a different universe.
>>
>>81922056
I remember Primeval, that was a great and fun show.
>>
Jason Flemyng was stellar in this. I wish he was in more stuff.
>>
File: emma panties.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
emma panties.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
1. You've grown older so you can't "escape" the same way you used to. As an adult you can't bury the feeling that you could be doing something else more productive.

2. You've been "redpilled". You see all the garbage identity politics and other trash propaganda.

3. You're just not watching shows that are for you. Maybe The Expanse has quality production values but it sucks otherwise or just isn't what intrigues you.
>>
File: 7776486.gif (716KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
7776486.gif
716KB, 500x281px
>>81927800
All wrong, I watch no end of shows now 12 hours a day, films and asmr at night. One thing I can mention is when I go for a walk for a few hours and come back in the first half hour or so of watching something it feels like I notice a lot more subtleties, like my senses have increased I feel slightly more immersed but it wears off quickly
>>
File: emma book.jpg (119KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
emma book.jpg
119KB, 580x800px
>>81928153
If you watch shows that often it could be burnout. Maybe play some vidya or read for a while.
>>
File: njsmd.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
njsmd.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>81928514
You've been very helpful, just have to ask how can I fill the void once I finish Dollhouse and Angel finally realising I no longer have anything of Summer left to watch?
I don't feel the same after finishing TSCC
>>
>>81928749
I loved TSCC for some reason. I don't think cancelling of any other show hit me that hard
>>
File: emma bed.jpg (140KB, 1200x1160px) Image search: [Google]
emma bed.jpg
140KB, 1200x1160px
>>81928749
Eventually you'll find another actress with unique qualities that draw you in. Until then you could just re-watch your favorite clips.
>>
>>81922056
Primeval was great BUT

What the heck happened to Claudia?

After the hours I dedicated to the show and buying the DVDs and toys, I really am annoyed they never touch it again properly.

What happened to her?
Remember when Series 3 was 20+ episodes with some wacky plots and then completely tanked?
>feelsbadman.jpg

Series 4 and 5 are great in their own way. Jess is so so hot. Still really like her.
>>
File: 1354181850637.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1354181850637.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>81929175
But she is irreplaceable, Claudia Black, Alexa Davalos, Antje Traue, Jodelle Ferland, Aisling Loftus are all better actresses but summers character in TSCC is perfect
>>
File: summer smile.gif (922KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
summer smile.gif
922KB, 400x200px
>>81929504
There are a few actresses and characters that will resonate with you far beyond the others. The rarity of it makes it that much more a treasure when you find it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.