[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel the new Star Wars film would be better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (63KB, 1200x724px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
63KB, 1200x724px
Does anyone else feel the new Star Wars film would be better if it was set in a completely different timeline with completely different characters? That has nothing to do with original films? I feel like the story and cast of the original were done with and there wasn't much reason to revisit them. It was best to start fresh and new. Don't get me wrong, Luke and Leia's story were amazing for their time. But that's it, it was their time and it's over with why do we have to keep revisiting it? I mean the Star Wars universe is so vast and wide with so many other characters with so many other stories to tell why do we always have to focus on those same characters? I feel like they really missed an opportunity with the new films in trying to bring back nostalgia instead of heading in a new direction.
>>
But we had Rogue One.
>>
>>81914574
>I feel like the story and cast of the original were done with and there wasn't much reason to revisit them

There is an excellent reason to revisit them: Easy money.

>LOLOL 12 PARSECS
>"I'll talk my way out of it!?" CLASSIC Han Solo
>"When has that ever helped? And DON'T say the Death Star!" LOLOL I'm so glad I get to see Han and Leia washed up. They referenced the Death Star! I know what that is!
>Did u see what Mark Hamil posted on Twitter? He's such a darling! I love Luke. Hope he's in the next 90 movies!

These new Star Wars movies are for the Loot Crate crowd. They'll buy any piece of shit sight unseen as long as it has the promise of being related to something they like.
>>
>>81914921
Rogue One was an embarrassing 2 hours of fan service.
>>
>>81914574
>I feel like they really missed an opportunity with the new films in trying to bring back nostalgia instead of heading in a new direction

You seem to be laboring under the impression that Disney gives even a single fuck about the Star Wars universe or story.
>>
>>81914996
>>81915382

These. Disney didn't buy Star Wars out of love for the franchise and a desire to tell interesting stories in the universe. Disney bought it to make money and filling the screen with references is what the fanboys want.

Disney has no incentive to change their formula as long as it keeps making money.
>>
>>81915022
Explain.

You do know that putting in tie-fighters, light-sabers, etc, the things that are associated with Star Wars, makes it fan service? Could you imagine if they made a Bond movie without Q or the gadgets, or without fucking Bond? What the fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>81915520
I don't mind reference dropping but for Dog's sake, tell a story. By telling a story, I don't mean re-telling A New Hope with Luke taken out and a bunch of whos thrown in and a whinier Darth Vader.
>>
>disney makes le money
>le lootcrate le nerd coffin
>le fat beard cynicism, look how le intelligent i is
The two Disney produced Star Wars films were good. They are better than the shitshow that was the prequels, and much better than a lot of the scifi garbage that studios have been making recently. Fact.

You just can't win with you faggots, you'll always find something to bitch about, and in this case it has nothing to do with the movies themselves but the fandom that surrounds it.
>>
>>81914574
hopefully they take that direction after episode 9. have it take place 100 years after. don't even care if it's another """""""""""""""strong""""""""""""""" female """""""""""""""""""character""""""""""""""""""""" led movie as long as it has nothing to do with the previous era.
>>
>>81915605
Darth Vader had no reason to be in the movie.

CGI Tarkin was ghoulish and awful.

The "you'll be dead" guy.

R2 and 3PO for literally no fucking reason.

Actually using footage and audio from ANH for the X Wing pilots.

Hideous CGI Leia and ending the movie on her smiling and saying "Hope" while her ship is under attack and Vader hacked through like 30 soldiers.

The whole movie is winking at the audiene and saying "DID YOU GET IT!?"
>>
>>81914574
I don't understand why so many people on here have such a problem with revisiting old characters or things from the Star Wars universe. If you're not a fan of these characters, why get so upset about it? Besides, the new trilogy isn't even about Leia or Luke. Han, Leia and Luke probably have a collective screen-time of 10 minutes in The Force Awakens. Rogue One wasn't about the old characters either. They are adding new things to the universe, they are going in new direction, but at the end of the day it is still Star Wars.
>>
>>81915902
I like the prequels. I understand why a lot of people don't though. They're falwed in a lot of ways. Cheesy dialogue and wooden performances. Over reliance on CGI, etc.

They were interesting though. They treaded new ground.

The Disney movies are comparatively better acted I guess. That's all I can really say though. The Force Awakens at least. Daisy Ridley and John Boyega are good and JJ Abrams got good performances out of them.

The movies were dull and uninspired though. TFA traded heavily on nostalgia and Rogue One was nothing but nostalgia.

And now we're getting a Star Wars movie one a year. They're disposable products, and it shows.

Just like the Marvel movies, it they're more like broadcast television than films. i.e. Most of the episodes are cheap filler that doesn't matter.
>>
File: think of the moneeeeey.jpg (113KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
think of the moneeeeey.jpg
113KB, 1920x800px
never fiveget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNLA7t-gIY
>>
Money obviously.

Why would Disney want to change the brand when it's exactly that brand (and the characters ect that come with it) that sells.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.