[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TWIN PEAKS KINDA SUCKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (33KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 340x340px
Okay, I just poured myself a damn good cup of coffee.

Let's talk about Twin Peaks. This show takes forever to ramp up into something watchable, same repetitve sound track and, outside of Dale Cooper, a cast of sad and very forgetable characters.

Discuss.
>>
>>81914022
DUN DUN
>>
>>81914022
>TWIN PEAKS KINDA SUCKS
This. You didn't need to make a thread.
>>
I tried to watch it and go about half way through, there's some decent stuff involving Dale but he's surrounded by characters I don't care about. Also I know several people who meme about the show on social media constantly and it makes me not want to give it another chance.
>>
File: I got the horn.jpg (49KB, 385x503px) Image search: [Google]
I got the horn.jpg
49KB, 385x503px
>>81914022

>forgettable

maybe if you're a faggot, yes.
>>
>>81914022
I stopped watching at the backend of season 2. Felt like I wasted my time.
>>
>>81914233

She looked old when she was a "teenager". I'm afraid of what she looks like today.
>>
It's immediately mesmerizing the pilot had me hooked as soon as it started.

I think you are just a stupid nigger OP.
>>
>>81914022
The show itself has a lot of filler and many weak points. I think Lynch's other work makes people see this as better than it is. The "Lynchian" aspects of it are few and far between. The parts that go full-Lynch are great (especially the final episode).

I think most of us are hoping the revival is closer to Lost Highway/Mulholland Dr than the original CBS series.
>>
>>81914022
It was good for that time. TV shows were much worse than they are today.
t. oldguy
>>
>>81914022

twin peaks is a pleb filter

congratulations. you now can safely say that you are a pleb.
>>
File: 1466891000233.jpg (170KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466891000233.jpg
170KB, 1440x1080px
>>81914022
Whatever, anon. It's not for you, forget about it. Why waste time talking about things you don't enjoy? Just go watch whatever it is you like. And off yourself, pleb.
>>
>take forever to ramp up into something watchable
Nope.
>A cast of sad and very forgettable characters
Disagree. Apart from Josie, James and later on, Donna, I think I liked everyone. Everyone was unique and I found them very memorable.
>repetitive soundtrack
Yeah, I agree. The themes they tend to use are good, but they're used way too much.
>>
>>81914275
she looks terrible
>>
>>81914275
She aged like shit, but James aged worse.

You could just say he got on his bike and went.
>>
The show looks fucking awful. Same reason I couldnt watch Sopranos or Xfiles from the beginning. It's like I know I'm watching a VHS tape.
>>
This show is literally only popular because of the quips from the quirky protagonist. That and the general atmosphere.
>>
>>81915806
Bait/10
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 500x655px
>>81914022
>forgettable characters
>every female on the show is a 10
i'll just leave this here
>>
File: Twin Peaks Pilot (1).jpg (1MB, 2158x2156px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Peaks Pilot (1).jpg
1MB, 2158x2156px
>>81915806
>The show looks fucking awful.
Wait, what? That is a bizarre thing to say, even for 4chan standards. It's literally the most gorgeous series I've ever laid eyes upon.
Come to think of it, it's probably bait. Not even being underage can explain that post.
>>
>>81915806
>rage.jpg
>>
>>81914121
DUN DUNNNNN
>>
>>81915918
god damn shelly is hot as fuck
>>
This show has so much filler and the characters are really not well written or interesting. At least the cast is mostly hot.
>>
>>81917853
the show is only packed with filler after the killer is revealed
>>
>>81914022
Shut your fucking cunt mouth faggot.
>>
File: IMG_8632.jpg (18KB, 555x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8632.jpg
18KB, 555x376px
>>81915918

Yfw mommy cut jeans are back
>>
>>81914022
I donno man, Twin Peaks is pretty much maximum comfy.

Once you get past the cornball & cheesiness of it all (yes I know it was intentional) it's a genuinely good & intriguing show
>>
dishonest filmmaking
>>
>>81918522
elaborate, please
>>
>>81914233
Ugly. Reminds me of my mother.
>>
>>81915918
I'll take Norma over every single one of them.

I'll father Rashida Jones.
>>
>>81918147
Please no. I'll take degenerate yoga pants over baggy mom jeans any day. 90s was shit for women's fashion.
>>
there's so many layers and mystery but you soon realise they have no intention of explaining or solving anything, it's just weird stuff that's odd and then there's a metaphor about something that moves the plot along apparently.
>>
>>81918522
that's what lynch does, he does some weird stuff and the audience finds an explanation for it.
pretty smart really, crowd sourcing the plot.
>>
season 2 was shit, absolute just shit.
>>
>>81919359
What's shit are your opinions, faggot. The high points of Season 2 are much higher than those of Season 1. The Pilot and the dream episode are really the only contenders.
>>
>>81914022
>show takes forever to ramp up into something watchable
For me it was the opposite. I was hooked straight away, and it lost it's lustre further on in, after Leland passed
>>
>>81915806
Then get the bluray instead of watching VHS tapes.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.