[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly, horribly wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

What went so horribly, horribly wrong?
>>
>>81912995
OP's mum didn't abort
>>
nothing, that was one of better potter films. It was too long though but its not a real problem, you could even make a fan cut in five minutes if you like
>>
>>81912995

Potter as a franchise is terrible but I did enjoy Chamber of Secrets especially how it tied in nicely with the last two books. It had a perfect blend of being dark but not too overly childish.
>>
File: 1489592588835.jpg (1MB, 1623x2886px) Image search: [Google]
1489592588835.jpg
1MB, 1623x2886px
Nothing could go right when its an episode in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
Too much cheese. Tom Riddle's exposition in the chamber makes me want to gouge my fucking eyes out

Cheese and camp are shit, always
>>
File: Hermione Sue.png (82KB, 533x1730px) Image search: [Google]
Hermione Sue.png
82KB, 533x1730px
>>81912995
They gave all of Ron's good traits to Hermione, and as a consequence she no longer has any bad traits

This makes Hermione's character much less interesting since she's a Mary Sue, and it makes Ron's character much less interesting since he basically just exists and does nothing
>>
3 was really good, but started seriously cutting out story points. 4 wasn't good, seriously cut out story points, and replaced them with scenes not in the books that went nowhere and added nothing. 5 was back on track to decent but continued cutting out shit you needed later. 6 was a similar issue. 7 put all the boring shit in the first part all the exciting shit in the second part and stretched it all too thin while having to shove in explanations and ass pull all the shit they didn't build up and set in place in the prior movies because they kept leaving important plot points out.

1 and 2 were the only ones that left everything in to a decent extent. People tried to act like they were boring, or too long, but the people complaining they're too long are the same idiots complaining any movie is too long and they're rarely right. Yes, there are movies that are too long, I watched a4 hour long civil war movie once. so it happens, but it's rarely the case when the length is actually necessary to get all the relevant information in.

The first two were the most loyal, were good for those reasons, but also suffered because book pacing and movie pacing are two different things. The pacing was the actual issue, not the length.

The third was the best of the new direction the movies took, because it left things out without sacrificing anything important, had perfect pacing and to this day is the most watchable of the entire series.

The movies suffered other issues, like reassigning roles and traits from one character to another, making some characters lack luster, or robbing them of character building needed for you to care about their deaths later (Dobby). Other character had things both taken from them Hermione (house elf storyline) and added to them (Ron's traits and successes) despite already being accomplished characters which only resulted in lack. There was quite a lot of this, and not with just a few characters.
>>
There wasn't a scene wear both Hermione and Ginny got violently raped by giant early 2000s CGI Trolls for the duration of the film.
>>
>>81913198
>he posted the autistic pasta again
>>
>>81912995
Nothing, it's my favourite HP film alongside the first one
>>
>>81913198
never give up, friend
>>
>>81913198
I was born into this pasta
>>
>>81913198
ily
never stop
>>
>>81912995
>anon tries to start a Harry Potter thread with some juicy bait
>>
>>81912995
Well, its just the same movie as the first one with a slight differences. But you can start both movies at the same time and some scenes will be the same. Thats why people decided not to go see the third one, they thought it would be 3rd time they see philosophers stone. And then suddenly 3rd was the best while raising less.
>>
>best HP
>horribly wrong

I don't follow.
>>
>>81912995
It's the best Harry Potter film.
>>
>>81915299
>film

It's a movie at best.
>>
>>81912995
that fucking goblin in the bottom left for starters

>>81913249
has an important point too
>>
File: BateMaster.jpg (26KB, 349x466px) Image search: [Google]
BateMaster.jpg
26KB, 349x466px
>>81913198
Nice bait, we should call you
Jason BAITman ;) xD
>>
>>81917521
stop posting
>>
>>81917521
BOOOOOOOO GET OUT OF TOWN
>>
>>81917521
>using bait to call out bait
Next level stuff right there
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.