[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you 'get' Kubrick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: KubrickForLook_(cropped).jpg (16KB, 220x296px) Image search: [Google]
KubrickForLook_(cropped).jpg
16KB, 220x296px
Do you 'get' Kubrick?
>>
File: kekeke.jpg (17KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
kekeke.jpg
17KB, 256x352px
>>81898599
no, but I get carter.
>>
edgy jew director
>>
>>81898599
no but i get shorty
>>
Sure, AMA.
>>
>>81898599
mainstream director pretending to be avant garde
>>
>>81898599
jew that new that jews run the show and got killed for it after his last shitty movie
>>
>>81898785
he was never the giant he's regarded as now
>>
>>81898599
yes

a jew so intelligent he wanted to convert to catholicism
>>
I don't understand how you cannot "get" Kubrick - his films are all coherent, it isn't as if he made experimental arthouse pieces.
>>
I am willing to defend Kubrick against some kubrick hate if there is any here that is looking for a fight.
>>
File: 1409355507032.jpg (101KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1409355507032.jpg
101KB, 399x388px
There was never anything to "get" about Kubrick. He was just a guy who directed a few great movies who suddenly became a god to movie nerds when he died and it took years for the hype to die down. Now that the dust has settled, he's going through his natural and final renaissance of being just a guy who directed a few great movies. That's his legacy.

Just wait until David Lynch dies.
>>
>>81898599
yes, of course, I'm not a pleb
>>
>>81898599

no I think his films are garbage with only a clockwork orange and the shining being tolerable (not good, mind you). Eyes Wide Shut is literally the worst film I have ever seen.

if you disagree with me then I'm preemptively telling you to go back to plebbit which means it's too late to tell me to do that
>>
>>81898998
you were 1 off some delicious trips so take THAT you Kubrick-loving-non-trip-getting-son-of-a-bitch
>>
>>81898998
2001 a space odyssey isn't entertaining and isn't art. It's mediocre at best, and it's a shame that people consider it a great sci-fi movie.
>>
>>81899044
Eyes Wide Shut is the most important movie of the last millennia
>>
>>81899001
>Just wait until David Lynch dies.
It's kind of impressive that he's lived this long, given how much he smokes. I guess God really wants to know what happens to Cooper
no homo, but he's one of the few "celebrities" that I genuinely admire and I'll miss him when he's gone
>>
>>81899044
>clockwork orange
>tolerable
I'm not sure how someone can make rape and murder boring, or have every character so unlikable and uninteresting that you just want the movie to end.

Shining was okay
>>
>>81899001
Revisionism
>>
>>81899044
Eyes Wide Shut was equal to Mozart's Magic Flute.

Pinnacle.
>>
>>81898599
vincent cassel thread?
>>
>>81899044
What in particular do you dislike? Do you think they're overwrought, slow, or just too weird? Are you someone that thinks he's pandering too much to general audiences?

>>81899049
Maybe I'll get some trips this time.

>>81899081
Would you like to go into a little more detail. I don't think it is boring and I do think it counts as art. I also think that it is a little overrated simply due to special effects but I think it still works quite well as a film
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.