[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, did you guys like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: ghost-in-the-shell-movie-1.jpg (93KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-movie-1.jpg
93KB, 720x340px
So, did you guys like it?
>>
Yes was not bad at all

fuck mad weebs for real
>>
that prop looks so fucking cheap
>>
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The script had some clunker lines and the fanservice was overdone, but it managed to have a handful of interesting ideas and I loved the visuals.

The fact that it even got to the level of "acceptable" was a way higher then I expected.
>>
had high hopes but it was garbage

ScarJo was totally miscast but not because of her race. she played Major exactly like Black Widow, just a generic badass action girl. "generic" applies to most of the movie
>>
>>81897295
no
the second half of the movie has the same plot of the 1st Robocop movie, and the first half is a copypaste of the anime movie
>>
>>81897295
>>81897373
dunn why i replied to you lol
>>
>>81897069
It was terrible and I didn't watch it
>>
>>81897069

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. What a heap of shit.
>>
>>81897069

Not really, but it's still a billion times better than the pretentious 1995 snorefest.
>>
>>81897069
disappointing but not really bad.
>>
On the better side of mediocre.

To sum it up:

>Good
Soundtrack (Clint motherfucking Mansell)
Visual aesthetic (doesn't have the grittiness of the cyberpunk aesthetic that something like Blade Runner did but it's still very appealing to me)
Cinematography (while there's nothing too special going on here, the abundance of dynamic shots, lack of talking heads and often creatively shot action sequences keep what could have been a very stale film feeling fresh for the entire runtime)

>Average
Acting
Dialogue (nothing too bad but there are a few awfully cringy lines in here, often delivered by Cutter)

>Bad
Narrative (I haven't seen the original anime/manga so I'm judging entirely off what was in the movie itself)
>>
>>81897069
>>81897069
complete betrayal to source material

I still enjoyed it though
>>
>>81898096
>1995 film
>What am I? What is my ghost?
>2017 film
>Who am I? Am I still the same ghost?

Yeah big fucking difference.
>>
Its really boring desu
>>
>>81898467
it sems you didnt understand this nw movie

all the point of the plot after 30 min is "what was my real memory and who i was? What they did to me?"

there is no such thing in the 95 movie, major doesnt even say anything about his previous life, like its was her decision to become a cyborg
>>
It was literally Robocop. Had none of the interesting political and corporate intrigue plots. Villain was lame.

Batou was actually pretty great. Chief Aramaki was sick too, especially that parking lot scene.
>>
>>81898962
finally someone else realized that it has THE FUCKING SAME PLOT OF ROBOCOP!
>>
>>81899161
Yeah, it was just stupid. They had so many interesting opportunities for a plot, and they had to go with a robocop rehash.
>>
>>81899161
I wouldn't say the plots are identical (assuming you mean the original Verhoeven film).

GITS 2017 plot:
>shit happens
>they find out that someone is killing off people one by one
>it all links back to that secret thing related to project 2517
>they reveal that 2157 is all about previous failed attempts of making cyborgs like the Major
>Major doesn't know who to trust
>big bad wants to destroy the Major and section 9
>big bad gets killed

Robocop
>cop gets murderlized during a fire fight
>resurrected as a cyborg
>Robocop is so successful big bad wants to kill the guy who came up with him because of his promotion
>Robocop finds out the big bad is involved with the criminals and about the plot to take over OCP
>he is almost killed (again) moments later
>cops riot
>after his recovery, Robocop goes back to take on the big bad, and with the help of the board (they fire him), he takes him down

I would say they have more differences than similarities, especially concerning the plot.
The structure of the 2017 isn't too drastically different to the 1995 film though they changed details of the story, like the Major's backstory, what project 2571 (2501 in the other film) was, the villain (puppet master vs kuze), and so on.
>>
It was alright.
>>
Yeah, but only because I had low expectations.

I went in thinking it was going to be very hollywood dumb, but it was only regular hollywood dumb and the cast was cooler than I expected.

I revealed my powerlevel the other day because some cuck on the radio said the worst mistake the movie made was casting a white actress "as what is clearly an asian character".
The fucking arrogance of people who can claim the intellectual high ground about a subject they don't know anything about astounds me. Major has never been "clearly" Asian it's always been ambiguous as fuck.
>>
Just saw this a couple hours ago, it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting.
The casting is shit, and the characters are really boiled down and 'americanized' to make them more likable, but the visuals were great, and the slight twist of the plot from the original movie was nicley done.

My biggest complaint is that I wish ScarJo had acted with less emotion. Bringing in this scared, uneasy side to the Major felt unnatural and unnecessary.
The Major doesn't give a single fuck, thats what makes her great. I mean, I get it, they 'humanized' her to make her more likable by American audiences, but I think the movie suffered for it.
>>
A collection of mediocre remakes of scenes from the anime except with a pudgy, bored Jew as the major

Yawn
>>
>>81897128
>>81897069
>>81902669

all the movie felt like direct to video.

>>81897112
>>81901229
>>81902638

fuck off shill.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.